E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's in better shape than it was 2 years ago... but it still needs a more proper refurb to enhance/plus scenes of it like Disney does with the Fantasyland dark rides.
Quoting this to the proper thread,,
Honestly, this ride is currently better maintained than Peter Pan's Flight at MK imo. Those moving belts sag and the pirate ships creak. From a person who grew up with PPF, I really think E.T. is also just a lot more fun and interesting.

Quoting this to the proper thread,,
Honestly, this ride is currently better maintained than Peter Pan's Flight at MK imo. Those moving belts sag and the pirate ships creak. From a person who grew up with PPF, I really think E.T. is also just a lot more fun and interesting.
Mostly referring to the versions at Disneyland... MK's rides are in a rather sad state. Either way, it doesn't excuse poor upkeep over the year just because a competitor has also failed to refurb properly.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'm impressed and heartened by the attention being shown to this classic ride.

Universal,
7a81dd71-47c8-4894-adc4-ebde539624ba_text.gif

The ride looks great! Went on NYE and lots of motion from a number of the animatronics, it seemed like all of the queue effects were working and very active, the LED harp with the mini E.T's is incredibly bright and colorful, Botanicus in the queue has what looks to be a screen or projection in his orb staff which I have never seen before, the effect is incredibly crisp and clean! I saw a mini construction crane moving back and forth in the Bike Flying scene, plus this little latex guy was having a field day looking like he was sucking on some gum or something! :lol: Good for him!

IMG_2373.jpeg

Lots of effort and money put into this ride it seems, it is clearly here to stay and for a long time given just how much they are committing to it currently.

The ride looks great! Went on NYE and lots of motion from a number of the animatronics, it seemed like all of the queue effects were working and very active, the LED harp with the mini E.T's is incredibly bright and colorful, Botanicus in the queue has what looks to be a screen or projection in his orb staff which I have never seen before, the effect is incredibly crisp and clean! I saw a mini construction crane moving back and forth in the Bike Flying scene, plus this little latex guy was having a field day looking like he was sucking on some gum or something! :lol: Good for him!

View attachment 20371

Lots of effort and money put into this ride it seems, it is clearly here to stay and for a long time given just how much they are committing to it currently.
I noticed that crane moving last week too! So good!

My wish list for what's fixed next is of course getting the jeep to drive forward now like the police car does again, adding the dying planet fog effects back (even if we use non-steam fog for safety reasons,) and then just repairs/replacements for the ride vehicles or track itself so we can get rid of the squeaking! (I bet a big refurb for the RVs could be coming soon, maybe after DreamWorks opens, as then the ride will actually have to close.)

View attachment 20371

This is one of the few dark rides left where you discover more each time you look into the scene. Glad they're giving it some love.

Rode roday and while the sets and animatronics look good, there's definitely a rehab needed soon on the vehicles. Every one dispatching you could hear grinding and squealing from the wheels. While riding it twice it felt like the whole thing was about to derail, while making the most gawd awful noises.