E.T. Adventure | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't someone find that smell in some air freshener of sorts? I can't remember if it was here or back in IOACentral... But God, I think everyone can say that that smell is heavenly.

I'm probably going to Uni tomorrow, so I'll see if I can get an update on floorplans or the such.

I never found many of JP's animatronics to be very believable or well executed (T-Rex, Spitters, and Stegos being notable exceptions) - and there simply aren't enough animatronics to make Jurassic Park as a real location truly believable.

I didn't outright state that Jurassic Park River Adventure is the better attraciton - I said ET's audio-animatronic spectacle is superior. Which, in my opinion, it is.

Only E.T could beat some of the animatronics the Rex is one of the best animatronics in Universal.

Pretty sure Kong was scrapped except for his fur, which was sold on eBay.

Baby trikes aren't AAs, they're puppets.

The trikes are nice, as is Rex, and now the dragon - Botanicus and the Green Planet ETs are probably my favorite AAs at Universal though. Botanicus in particular is just awesome in the ET queue - he rises and lowers into a pit when his animation finishes, right?

I love ET for its queue, more than the ride itself actually. Also, I am fairly certain we have an "ET queue smell" thread somewhere lol.

Indeed: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?1504-ET-Smell&

And I'm shocked no one else noticed/heard this, from late March to early April, one of the main animatronics, Orbidon, got a multiple week refurb. I'm not quite sure what happened during the refurb but I do know the animatronic was gone and its spot was covered with a curtain.

Last edited:
Indeed: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?1504-ET-Smell&

And I'm shocked no one else noticed/heard this, from late March to early April, one of the main animatronics, Orbidon, got a multiple week refurb. I'm not quite sure what happened during the refurb but I do know the animatronic was gone and its spot was covered with a curtain.

I did notice - good thing, too, Orbidon was in bad shape. He's also one of my favorites. "Welcome home!...... You've arrived...."

Random comment - I've noticed you only see each of ET's friends (the new ones, not the smaller ET clones) once, when you're introduced to them. They never appear again in all of the revelry...

I did notice - good thing, too, Orbidon was in bad shape. He's also one of my favorites. "Welcome home!...... You've arrived...."

Random comment - I've noticed you only see each of ET's friends (the new ones, not the smaller ET clones) once, when you're introduced to them. They never appear again in all of the revelry...

:iagree:

Pretty sure Kong was scrapped except for his fur, which was sold on eBay.

Baby trikes aren't AAs, they're puppets.

The trikes are nice, as is Rex, and now the dragon - Botanicus and the Green Planet ETs are probably my favorite AAs at Universal though. Botanicus in particular is just awesome in the ET queue - he rises and lowers into a pit when his animation finishes, right?

That is what I thought too until one of my friends who does entertainment at UO said he and some other performers snuck up in there, and were surprised to see pieces of Kong there.

That is what I thought too until one of my friends who does entertainment at UO said he and some other performers snuck up in there, and were surprised to see pieces of Kong there.

Huh. I'll believe it when I see it, that just seems highly unlikely.