Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

E3 2016

Doubleposting, here is a recap of EA's Press Conference.

• Titanfall2 Multiplayer revealed (with revealing Singleplayer)
  • EA Originals revealed; with Fe being the first game for the division
  • New trailer of Mass Effect: Andromeda revealed, no release date shown
  • Star Wars - Battlefront II Confirmed with both Dice and Motive Studios
  • First Glimpse of Visceral's new Star War's game

...There was also talk about EA Sports, E-Sports, and other things that doesn't need mention..they also ended it abruptly; as they stream new gameplay of Battlefield 1.

The first teaser for Telltale Games The Walking Dead - Season Three has been shown; with it being more closer with the timeline of the comics and featuring the heroine, Clementine in her early teens.

Doublepost, here is a recap of the Bethesda E3 Press conference.

• Quake kickstarts the Bethesda Conference with Quake Champions
  • The Elder Scrolls Legends officially announced to have IPad, IPhone, Android releases
  • Fallout 4 DLC revealed of three new DLC Packs coming out within the next few months
  • Fallout Shelter PC edition announced for July
  • Elder Scrolls V re-master officially confirmed for October 28th, 2016
  • Arkane Studios reveals that PREY is back; with a new game titled, simply; Prey.
  • New updates to Doom Snapmap coming, with a new Multiplayer DLC Pack for Doom has been revealed.
  • The Elder Scrolls Online is eliminating its Content Barrier
  • Bethesda VR announced as Fallout 4 will be releasing on the HTC Vive next year
  • Dishonored II to have a new Game Engine for Bethesda's Arkane Studios
  • Dishonored II Gameplay officially revealed.

In a lack of better word, Bethesda kicked EA's ass today and left it on a corner. We got quite a bit of news, and I am so happy to see Bethesda knock it out of the park again.

So I think it is safe to assume that Sony had the best conference. They brought all the games. Microsoft's conference was pretty good though and Ubisoft showed off a lot of interesting games. All and all a pretty good E3 so far.

The dedication to VR on Sony's angle makes me so excited for when I finally get a PS4 in February. I am extremely impressed in both Microsoft and Sony's press conferences; as they did the things they needed to do.

Highlights to me in games is from Gears 4 to Dead Stranding; as I cannot wait to see how this all unfolds.

Sony's conference was fantastic. Horizon New Dawn (which I haven't been following much until now) and the new Spider-Man stuck out the most to me. I can't wait to get a PS4!

The dedication to VR on Sony's angle makes me so excited for when I finally get a PS4 in February. I am extremely impressed in both Microsoft and Sony's press conferences; as they did the things they needed to do.

Highlights to me in games is from Gears 4 to Dead Stranding; as I cannot wait to see how this all unfolds.

Dead Stranding is gonna be a 2019 game at least but it looks really interesting.

So far Sony without a doubt gave the best presentation, they piled on the exclusives, gave a couple surprises here and there and most importantly, focused on showing game after game after game. (Seriously, other groups take note. Games and game announcements get people hyped, not painfully scripted conversations/attempts at humor, nor random celebs dropping by etc.)

Now as for what was shown/revealed.
God of War - It was definitely nice to see the return of Kratos, even though he might not win "Father of the Year". I love Norse mythology so this already is a welcome direction for me.

TLG release date - Just a couple days past my birthday, thank you very much. :D bb

Horizon Zero Dawn - I haven't paid too much attention game wise, so this was the first I've heard of it. I like what I see so far, definitely a intruiging concept.

Days Gone - The trailer hooked me, but the demo dissapointed with the reveal of swarmish zombies a la' World War Z. Can we come up with more interesting creatures of the apocalypse?

Detroit - Hmmm, another Quantic Dream "Choose your own adventure" movie/game. While these have been hit or miss for me, I'll still give it a shot. Also, can we have a SHAUN option in the game?

Kitchen aka RE 7 - First off, that creeped me out pretty good right off the bat. Second, WHAT?! Easily the biggest surprise for me in the best way possible. I am all for RE returning to being scary again and back to it's survival horror roots.

Spider-Man - Looking forward to it, though it's surprising that Insomniac is doing the game and not Sucker Punch as originally rumored.

Finally, Death Stranding. Naturally that trailer revealed bupkiss, but let's see...Sony gave Kojima a Wrestlemania entrance with music from Mad Max Fury Road, and Kojima gave us naked Norman Reedus. We're not worthy.

Sony's style of presentation was bizarre but really cool. Definitely felt more advanced and mature than the other presentations.

Sony wiped the floor with everyone, which is impressive considering how well Microsoft did in all honesty. But Sony's presentation felt like a victory lap.

"We have the best games. Here they are. We won't bother with the talking heads telling you about them."

The minute they brought Kojima out with a WrestleMania entrance, it was over (though that should have closed out the conference, TBH).

Horizon is EASILY my most anticipated game floating out there right now. Never been a God of War fan, but the new direction is exciting. Days Gone looks cool. Super hyped about The Last Guardian. AND SPIDER-MAN. Geez. Everything was so cool.

Zelda U/NX has been officially titled "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild". Check out Youtube's Nintendo stream throughout the day as they explore only a section of the new open world.

Zelda U/NX has been officially titled "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild". Check out Youtube's Nintendo stream throughout the day as they explore only a section of the new open world.
Been watching some of it, looks really nice, though in the details it lets down a little. You could see this, for instance, when he climbed the tree, the way the foliage etc. was, did not look that good; however, having said this, I think this may be something where the NX version will improve upon this through graphics that have better anti-aliasing and that can produce better detail. Fire and water effects looked nice! Also, judging by the tablet thing Link has, I imagine the NX controller will be screen based as well, so that patent that once surfaced is most likely what the controller will look liked.