East Coast Trip, Theme park options? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

East Coast Trip, Theme park options?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A Note on the car, definatly take a convertible Mustang, usrentacar.co.uk is very good. We did Vegas to LA in one in April, lovely drive. But do bear in mind that you can only get one case and a hand luggage size case in the boot. So any other luggage could be on show, depending on your plans. Also, if they happen to have no Mustangs, some firms might offer you a Camero, which has even less boot space!

A Note on the car, definatly take a convertible Mustang, usrentacar.co.uk is very good. We did Vegas to LA in one in April, lovely drive. But do bear in mind that you can only get one case and a hand luggage size case in the boot. So any other luggage could be on show, depending on your plans. Also, if they happen to have no Mustangs, some firms might offer you a Camero, which has even less boot space!

Vegas? Sure, get a convertible. But for this long road trip down the East Coast, and we should reiterate long trip, you probably want a spacious and comfortable car.

Vegas? Sure, get a convertible. But for this long road trip down the East Coast, and we should reiterate long trip, you probably want a spacious and comfortable car.

http://www.i95exitguide.com/themeparks/

You are not kidding about it being a long trip. We just got back Monday afternoon from this same trip, left on the 9th from the West Palm Beach area and got up there the next day in the evening. It really isnt a drive that screams out drive convertible :lol:

New York Coney Island is worth a visit, especially with Thunderbolt opening up this year. Cyclone alone was worth the visit for me.

Jersey, Six Flags Great Adventure is a no brainer

Washington DC Area, I passed the exit for Six Flag America there. I have never been but might be worth a few hours to visit. Tons to do in DC with all the monuments, Smithsonian museums and the zoo (which are free entry I believe)

You will literally drive right past Kings Dominion and I wanted to stop but time did not permit. The few coasters they have would have been worth the stop for me. Busch Gardens would be a must visit in Virginia but is a hike off the main highway. Carowinds in the Carolinas and Six Flags in GA are the same deal, a ways off I-95 but is manageable if you take the time to drive.

Last edited:
If you go to great adventure get the season pass and you can go to SGoG .Leaving SFoG you will go down 75 toward tampa/orlando If it were me I would and Have stopped @ Wild Adventures Valdosta Ga and Busch Gardens Tampa fl.

I was typing this @ the same time as Hockeyman

I have to stand up for Kings Dominion...its one of the more pleasant parks I have been to and Intimidator 305 is a top ten coaster. I remember having a very nice day there with minimal crowds even in the middle of the summer, a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, and some great coasters and flats.

I personall think BGW is a bit overrated and that BGT has the superior ride collection, but its still a beautiful park. However, youre going to the theme park mecca, you dont need to go to a park for the theming when Disney and Universal (the superior parks landscaping/theme-wise) are your destination. I wouldnt discourage you from going there, but if your goal is rides and coasters it isnt a must IMO.

Dont go to Six Flags America, it blows.

Six Flags Great Adventure is my most sought-after theme park to get to, it has a great coaster collection and I agree with everyone that that should be a must. Hersheypark also earns high acclaim whenever its mentioned so thats worth a stop and has one of the highest-rated roller coasters of all time in Skyrush.

Six Flags Over Georgia may be out of the way unless you want to see Atlanta or Stone Mountain, both of which are great attractions. If you do end up in that area (about 7-8 hours from Orlando), SFOG is a nice park to check out.

Thanks again for all your replies.

Lots of great research material for me to start planning. The plnning is the easy part though, it's the saving which is the hard part.

When you have shocking weather like we do then it's a treat to drive a nice car in nice weather, petrol is dirt cheap too!

Personal opinion of course ;-)

When you have shocking weather like we do then it's a treat to drive a nice car in nice weather, petrol is dirt cheap too!

Personal opinion of course ;-)

Ive had a convertable 4 times out of the last 7 trips, love em.