Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think masking will be in effect at least through next year. I’d imagine we’ll see capacity limits, though not as drastic, through 2021 as well

I’m getting that impression as well. I think we’ll see capacity raised before any mask restrictions are lifted.

I had hoped to return to Orlando next June but it just doesn’t seem worth it at this stage. Are you still intending on a trip to Scotland?

That's still ad supported.

Even assuming that all of your 15M users are current Xfinity customers you're talking a ~1/2 acquisition rate for something that's entirely free (and heavily advertised if my email and physical inboxes are a general indication) to your customer base.

Even assuming that all of your 15M users are current Xfinity customers you're talking a ~1/2 acquisition rate for something that's entirely free (and heavily advertised if my email and physical inboxes are a general indication) to your customer base.
You've got to remember, though, how much of the country doesn't do streaming, either because their internet isn't good enough to support it, as is the case for great swaths of flyover country, or due to being tech ignorant as in old people. There's a reason WWE payperviews are still available for sixty dollars a throw via cable despite the Network being ten dollars a month.

I’m getting that impression as well. I think we’ll see capacity raised before any mask restrictions are lifted.

I had hoped to return to Orlando next June but it just doesn’t seem worth it at this stage. Are you still intending on a trip to Scotland?
Speaking of Scotland, I had an Irn Bru this weekend with my steak and ale pie and my Mars Bar. Delightful. (the irn bru and mars bar were nae deep fried, och.)

(sorry, mods. thought I was in a different thread. please don't hurt me.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotland will probably be 2022 at this point. We want to go in the spring, and everything is still so unknown for that time frame for next year. But as of now I am planning on being at HHN next September when our group normally goes.

I'm expecting a vaccine deployment to take at least a year, by then we'd be in 2022.

So yeah, they're a bit optimistic
Depends who's going to deliver it. A well organized federal government effort could get it done pretty quickly. Experts are saying enough vaccine for the US population should be available by mid spring. As a youth I was present for national vaccinations of polio that were well organized and were administered nationwide in a pretty short span of time. Now, an unorganized federal government effort will take longer. We'll soon find out.

Last edited:
Depends who's going to deliver it. A well organized federal government effort could get it done pretty quickly. Experts are saying enough vaccine for the US population should be available by mid spring. As a youth I was present for national vaccinations of polio that were well organized and were administered nationwide in a pretty short span of time. Now, an unorganized federal government effort will take longer. We'll soon find out.
Yea as long as the projections work out, we should have vaccines for everyone who wants them by the middle of next year.

the questions remains how effective they are and dealing with people who won’t take it/can’t take it/possible international travelers who haven’t had the opportunity to take it.

so I think we’ll be well on our way to normal by the end of next year, but parks will still have mask mandates and probably some sort of capacity caps

Spring 2021 - Distribution of vaccine begins
Early 2022 - Distribution complete, state mandated vaccinations for folks unwilling
Late 2022 - A few weeks set aside for people to cry about having to get it
Spring 2023 - Mask mandates lifted for theme parks and 100 percent capacity allowed (Orlando will probably be at 100 percent before then)

Spring 2021 - Distribution of vaccine begins
Early 2022 - Distribution complete, state mandated vaccinations for folks unwilling
Late 2022 - A few weeks set aside for people to cry about having to get it
Spring 2023 - Mask mandates lifted for theme parks and 100 percent capacity allowed (Orlando will probably be at 100 percent before then)
I would think mask mandates would end earlier. Though I think the number who refuse to get vaccinated will be larger than necessary, I doubt people who are vaccinated will still want to wear masks to protect those who refuse to help themselves. I think mask mandates will end once everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine, those who chose not to can either wear masks to protect themselves or not. This obviously would depend on the effectiveness of the vaccine however.

I would think mask mandates would end earlier. Though I think the number who refuse to get vaccinated will be larger than necessary, I doubt people who are vaccinated will still want to wear masks to protect those who refuse to help themselves. I think mask mandates will end once everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine, those who chose not to can either wear masks to protect themselves or not. This obviously would depend on the effectiveness of the vaccine however.
Yes, that's all my wild predictions and up for picking apart for sure

If I could discuss politics I would expand on why I think that way...but...you know...

the problem is are you going to need proof of vaccination. I see parks keeping the mask requirement before requiring that

I'm wondering how long they'll keep the temp checks. Since the asymptomatic cases are such a huge percentage, it basically makes the temp checks useless. And in reality the tests give a false sense of safety. The largest hospital system in Pa. just ceased using the temp checks for their own employees this week.

You've got to remember, though, how much of the country doesn't do streaming, either because their internet isn't good enough to support it, as is the case for great swaths of flyover country, or due to being tech ignorant as in old people. There's a reason WWE payperviews are still available for sixty dollars a throw via cable despite the Network being ten dollars a month.

Speaking of Scotland, I had an Irn Bru this weekend with my steak and ale pie and my Mars Bar. Delightful. (the irn bru and mars bar were nae deep fried, och.)

(sorry, mods. thought I was in a different thread. please don't hurt me.)

Good lad. You swapped your world for mine and I’ve got my email saying that your sauces are due to be shipped soon, so I’ll get to experience a bit of your world

Scotland will probably be 2022 at this point. We want to go in the spring, and everything is still so unknown for that time frame for next year. But as of now I am planning on being at HHN next September when our group normally goes.

Spring is a great time to visit. May has had excellent weather for the past 5 years and the kids are still in school.

I’m reading that vaccines should be starting to roll out here before Christmas but they also said September, October and November so I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

My big concern with vaccines is the push back against them but if it protects me and my family, I’m not caring too much. I also fully expect that a vaccine will be required to travel.

Good lad. You swapped your world for mine and I’ve got my email saying that your sauces are due to be shipped soon, so I’ll get to experience a bit of your world

Spring is a great time to visit. May has had excellent weather for the past 5 years and the kids are still in school.

I’m reading that vaccines should be starting to roll out here before Christmas but they also said September, October and November so I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

My big concern with vaccines is the push back against them but if it protects me and my family, I’m not caring too much. I also fully expect that a vaccine will be required to travel.
With most of Europe, as bad or worse than the US, at this point in time, I'd think the pressure to get this vaccine out as quickly as possible to keep the hospital and death rates down
is huge, and they will get past any bureaucratic rules as quickly as they 'safely' can. There's no time to dawdle now. If Europe hadn't deteriorated so rapidly, they might have tended to go slower.
But they can't go slow now. It's getting pretty dire in some areas of the continent. The hospital system is filling up quickly according to most reports. ...Yes, vaccine for travel is a great idea, especially
since inter country travel is second nature to most on the continent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.