Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We do have a thread for this project...

So. Spaceship Earth seems to be cancelled? As well as Play pavilion? And JII with Figment refurbishment despite Tony Baxter wanted to redo the ride.

Also no announcement for a Coco boat ride

Once again, Disney ruined Epcot when they were supposed to reimagine it. Blame those for not acting upon this virus sooner.

Epcot will just be ignored for years to come until someone points out how fallen apart it has become.

It has always been like this. EPCOT is the most neglected Disney park on the planet.

So. Spaceship Earth seems to be cancelled? As well as Play pavilion? And JII with Figment refurbishment despite Tony Baxter wanted to redo the ride.

Once again, Disney ruined Epcot when they were supposed to reimagine it. Blame those for not acting upon this virus sooner.

Epcot will just be ignored for years to come until someone points out how fallen apart it has become.

It has always been like this. EPCOT is the most neglected Disney park on the planet.
I don't believe Play is canceled when they just replaced the whole roof AFTER construction started back up. Also, the Coco boat ride has been dead for years.

Who said Spaceship Earth update is cancelled?

And Imagineers never agreed on the perfect Figment re-do, so that wasn't imminent anyway.

Coco was never greenlit, so why would they announce it?

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Other than replacing the ride system (which is absolutely needed, and should have been done years ago), I think we're probably dodging a bit of a bullet, content-wise, if the Spaceship Earth re-do doesn't happen for a while.

Other than replacing the ride system (which is absolutely needed, and should have been done years ago), I think we're probably dodging a bit of a bullet, content-wise, if the Spaceship Earth re-do doesn't happen for a while.

In a recent press release, PLAY! and Spaceship Earth were omitted from It. This along with Mary Poppins are likely to be scrapped.

I just imagine Epcot being broken for years to come. This also goes for keeping Nigel Channing well past expiration date.

Disney Parks are likely to throw in the towel for the 50th when Universal has their Velocicoaster ready for a summer opening when vaccines are on the move and virus cases slow down ending this pandemic.
And Jeff Shell states they intend to get Epic Universe built

In a recent press release, PLAY! and Spaceship Earth were omitted from It. This along with Mary Poppins are likely to be scrapped.

I just imagine Epcot being broken for years to come. This also goes for keeping Nigel Channing well past expiration date.

Disney Parks are likely to throw in the towel for the 50th when Universal has their Velocicoaster ready for a summer opening when vaccines are on the move and virus cases slow down ending this pandemic.
And Jeff Shell states they intend to get Epic Universe built
lol, they aren't throwing in the towel for the 50th. First of all Ratatouille is opening in Spring 2021, so there's that.

But it's also important to remember the 50th doesn't START until October 1, 2021 and will last until probably December 31, 2022. In that time, they will be opening both Tron, GotG, and Harmonious will start (along with a potential 50th-themed fireworks show at MK).

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
But again, ideally, you'd like to see something major at Magic Kingdom open for October 1st. If any one day during that span is going to get the most media/fan attention, it's that one. It's the one day that the community will be singularly focused on the milestone.

Surely they will continue to sell culturally-appropriate merchandise eventually, right?

Right?

I mean, nothing will surprise me, but every other pavilion does. Does Disney really want the one pavilion they fully control to just offer their own IP-branded merch? Not a great look.

Ok, but picture an Aladdin version of the Sindbad ride at TDS

Or just the Sindbad version of the Sindbad ride!

Reactions: Disneyhead
Ok, but picture an Aladdin version of the Sindbad ride at TDS
Here's the space that could potentially be used for a expansion of either Morocco or Japan. You need to leave space to re-route the emergency/backstage lane, but there's a decent amount of space to work with.
ZHYEqYc.jpg

Surely they will continue to sell culturally-appropriate merchandise eventually, right?

Right?

I mean, nothing will surprise me, but every other pavilion does. Does Disney really want the one pavilion they fully control to just offer their own IP-branded merch? Not a great look.

Or just the Sindbad version of the Sindbad ride!
I think appropriation is inevitable.

The line of whether the appropriation is insensitive or not is a bigger question

If they want to shove their stuff into WS, fine,

But don't then turn around and show me a film about another country's culture and history and act like the two just jive together

However, everything at the parks can be expected to be viewed through Disney's lens and often revisionist history.

They've really gone to town on tearing this thing down quickly after letting it just sit there forever.
I hope they can go all out on the area and create something amazing. I usually hit the fire road gate behind Mexico to see what orchids and other stuff they hid back there.