Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if this SSE overhaul is the tearing out of the ride system and replacing with a "thrill attraction" I keep hearing about.
I've heard this too, but I don't see it as viable. They already planned that once and they weren't able to do it because the structure wouldn't support a coaster inside. I don't see how this would be different.

Plus, Disney's cheap. Changing out a few scenes and the narration is a helluva lot cheaper than ripping everything out just to hope whatever you have planned actually works inside that structure.

Reactions: HPFred
I've heard this too, but I don't see it as viable. They already planned that once and they weren't able to do it because the structure wouldn't support a coaster inside. I don't see how this would be different.

Plus, Disney's cheap. Changing out a few scenes and the narration is a helluva lot cheaper than ripping everything out just to hope whatever you have planned actually works inside that structure.
One time where Disney being cheap is a good thing.

Out of curiosity, could it be possible that another reason to a Spaceship Earth overhaul is to try to fix the leaking that this attraction has problems with in the rain?

A lot of stuff that shouldn’t get wet got wet. Pure luck has everything still working at the moment. Seems to have been caused by something setting off the fire alarms and, therefore, the sprinkler system.