Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does everyone remember the old lighting? The low to the ground poles that barely lit the walkways? This is an improvement simply when it comes to safety and guests being able to see the walkways. As far as the style, it's up for debate. It's in Future World, looks like they were going for something sleek and modern like with the new Tomorrowland sign.

Also, let's remember that this is all a work in progress around this area. What may look odd now, may fit in perfectly in a few years once they've implemented all of the changes. Or it could suck. Probably somewhere in the middle.

It seems they are going for the minimalist aesthetic and in that regard it works. I personally don’t mind it but will reserve judgment to see it when the whole transformation is done.

Does everyone remember the old lighting? The low to the ground poles that barely lit the walkways? This is an improvement simply when it comes to safety and guests being able to see the walkways. As far as the style, it's up for debate. It's in Future World, looks like they were going for something sleek and modern like with the new Tomorrowland sign.

Also, let's remember that this is all a work in progress around this area. What may look odd now, may fit in perfectly in a few years once they've implemented all of the changes. Or it could suck. Probably somewhere in the middle.
I don’t like that it’s the same aesthetic in two areas that will in the future not be in the same land. Isn’t one of those located in World Celebration and the other World Nature?

If they’re going to separate Future World into new lands, they need to make sure they have their own identities aesthetically.

My home is very modern. Italian design furniture, sleek white and gray walls and colorful modern artwork on the walls. Love it. But in a theme park I want transformative experiences and themes. Just like Disney Springs looks like a nice outlet mall and not at all uniquely Disney, these lights have the same of the shelf, park lights eastatic. It's a bit of a let down but maybe it will make sense when it is all done.

A look at some of the new M&G spaces. Mickey is meeting in a corner of the waiting area for the Pixar Film Festival and Inside Out M&G is in ImageWorks.

With Wreck-it Ralph also being at ImageWorks, it seems the Imagination Pavilion is sort of the new Character Spot.

Reactions: Andysol
A look at the new shortcut from the main entry plaza to Future World West/World Nature:

Video from BlogMickey:

You can see the cut-through off to the right of SSE in this picture:
spaceship-earth-the-seas-future-world-walkway-bypass-epcot-1.jpg

God heaven forbid we recognize the eagle as representing America. Which of the Nine Dragons would Mushu be? Or should they create 8 more to go with him?

Reactions: Disneyhead
On one hand, I appreciate Disney still seeing value in a Muppets tie-in somewhere.

On the other hand... World Showcase?

Note how everything is "World" something? Almost like they're trying to deemphasize the word so they can add totally random things to Worlds Showcase!