Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not finished....right?

I really really hope all of these changes they're making don't look lackluster in the real world
It’s not even halfway finished. The other half of the plaza and the fountain are still to go.

No one truly ever thought this was a bigger deal than Hagrid, though. And it sure as hell is a big improvement over what was there.

I dunno....
Maybe people who like standing af the front of parks and never going on rides.

People were excited that the tombstones were leaving and that they were taking inspiration from the original design. It will look nice and flow well with the rest of the transformed future world, but it’s still the entrance.

Glad they’re addressing the problem that was there, but it’s only so exciting.

On a more relevant to my personal interest note this rainy morning ... is the tram entrance open? Or are you still dropped a mile out?

On a more relevant to my personal interest note this rainy morning ... is the tram entrance open? Or are you still dropped a mile out?
There's Disney strategy behind all of these new, real far away from the park entrances , tram drop offs. 'Rumor': create a 'pay for it' special van to take you from the tram drop offs to the parks. Call it the 'Scrooge McDuck Van". ;):lol:....just kidding.

Last edited:

A far cry from the concept art. No trees in the large middle. I don’t mind no trees there as the fountain would get a little lost behind them, so I’m ok with that.

But the lack of topiaries that were in the concept art sucks. Hopefully when they finish the other half, they’ll add the topiaries from the concept art to all the correct places.

A far cry from the concept art. No trees in the large middle. I don’t mind no trees there as the fountain would get a little lost behind them, so I’m ok with that.

But the lack of topiaries that were in the concept art sucks. Hopefully when they finish the other half, they’ll add the topiaries from the concept art to all the correct places.
It'S NoT DoNE YeT

Reactions: JoeCamel

I think they rushed it to have it open for Christmas/ New Years rush. Plus the topiaries are probably gonna be more seasonal than permanent decorations like the current festival decorations.

Once this whole Epcot overhaul is done, we're only up 2 attractions right? Ratatouille & Mary Poppins?

Once this whole Epcot overhaul is done, we're only up 2 attractions right? Ratatouille & Mary Poppins?
Technically, but very few were riding UoE by the end of its time, so that’s almost like an addition due to that.

And while not an addition, we are getting the Wonders pavilion back for daily ops, so that’s a win.

I’ve been told that the landscaping is not final.

Lolz when you put it that way it's depressing
It is, but we've also gotten (since 2016) a new mission on Mission: Space, New Soarin' Film, FEA, New 360 films, Circle of Life replacement, SSE 5.0, Play, GotG, Moana Walkthrough, and complete Future World refresh (along with the Space restaurant and the terrific Tukami Tei).

I agree though, for all the billions being dumped into the park, you would like for there to be a bit more expansion.

It is, but we've also gotten (since 2016) a new mission on Mission: Space, New Soarin' Film, FEA, New 360 films, Circle of Life replacement, SSE 5.0, Play, GotG, Moana Walkthrough, and complete Future World refresh (along with the Space restaurant and the terrific Tukami Tei).

I agree though, for all the billions being dumped into the park, you would like for there to be a bit more expansion.
I will withhold judgement of the Future World redo until it's complete...At this point all I see are trees

I'm not saying it's going to look bad...I'm withholding judgement on it being engaging
I think with it being more of a forest look, part of the design in that is to use the trees to draw you in to certain areas. I don't know, we'll see how it turns out. That's my take on it though.

I will say, i'm not a fan of the asymmetrical look with half of the communicore buildings staying and half being demolished.