Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Per request.

Have at it.
I think what I was talking about was more one thread for pre-opening spec (opening day attractions, restaurants, and shows), versus one thread for post-opening spec (Luigi's Mansion rumors, Great Hall rumors, Creature From the Black Lagoon rumors, etc). It does make sense to have an intermediary thread about more practical topics of speculation though (ticket price, Express Pass availability, etc).

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
I think what I was talking about was more one thread for pre-opening spec (opening day attractions, restaurants, and shows), versus one thread for post-opening spec (Luigi's Mansion rumors, Great Hall rumors, Creature From the Black Lagoon rumors, etc). It does make sense to have an intermediary thread about more practical topics of speculation though (ticket price, Express Pass availability, etc).
Done

@PerceptiveCoot got @Brian G. working overtime today!

I'm going to guess at least $150 for a single day ticket on the cheapest days, probably upwards of $200 for busy days.

I don't think there will be any annual pass access for at LEAST the first year, possibly more. And the only way to access will be single-day tickets.

Express probably won't be a thing for at least the first 6-12 months, if not longer.

Hot take: It'll be expensive and busy.

I'm going to guess at least $150 for a single day ticket on the cheapest days, probably upwards of $200 for busy days.

I don't think there will be any annual pass access for at LEAST the first year, possibly more. And the only way to access will be single-day tickets.

Express probably won't be a thing for at least the first 6-12 months, if not longer.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they allow you to upgrade your annual passes to add new parks from the start when IOA and VB opened?

Financially, I'm going to be so screwed when the AP upgrades for this park go live. I'm buying regardless of how expensive it is. Oh god.

man ok GIF

I hope this was hyperbole joke.

Last edited:
I'd guess if they didn't allow AP's in the park for the entire first year that the attendance would be third behind IOA and Studios. I doubt there's enough demand to hit 8/9/10/11 million range attendance for the first year without AP access.

Which part?
All?

I personally don't see Epic having a separate pricing structure causing confusion especially with multi-day tickets.

No way they keep AP out for a year, that would be a disaster. Way too many people would cancel their AP causing all 3 park attendance to be poor.

I get we all think Epic is going to be this huge hit, but I think we need to realize people are just now hearing about it. They will eventually get to Epic but not all at once. Demand will be there but not to sell out need to lock AP out and raise prices insanely high for just this park for a year demand.

Express is the only one I could see being true.

All?

I personally don't see Epic having a separate pricing structure causing confusion especially with multi-day tickets.

No way they keep AP out for a year, that would be a disaster. Way too many people would cancel their AP causing all 3 park attendance to be poor.

I get we all think Epic is going to be this huge hit, but I think we need to realize people are just now hearing about it. They will eventually get to Epic but not all at once. Demand will be there but not to sell out need to lock AP out and raise prices insanely high for just this park for a year demand.

Express is the only one I could see being true.
I was only being half-serious with the APs thing.

I'm sure APs will be allowed in, but the upgrade will be astronomically priced, and I wouldn't be surprised if APs were possibly required to make reservations for a while.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

I'm sure APs will be allowed in, but the upgrade will be astronomically priced, and I wouldn't be surprised if APs were possibly required to make reservations for a while.
I’d rather reservations over blanket blackouts, but regardless, I feel any AP restrictions may be hopefully short lived.

Rumors say they want to avoid reservations, but we will see. I could see that if they decide not to do blackouts the first couple months.

I am curious how much they can increase the Premier pass, because a large benefit of that is free HHN and Express at 4PM which this park won't effect either of those benefits. So can they really jump it up as much as the other passes because you won't be getting express after 4 in that park. It will for sure be a complicated formula for them to come up with for their new pricing structure.

Summary by ticket type spec on what UOR will do with tickets. I think UOR will keep things simple (hopefully) and not do anything to bottleneck the ticketing system. APs will be able to add Epic to their pass, but comes with lots of blockouts and restrictions.

Following assumptions are assuming Universal doesn't implement a reservation system.

1-Day/Multi-Day Passes
  • 1-Day pass will align with MK/DHS pricing is my guess... typically around $169-$189. Because WDW releases ticket prices a year in advance, we can see where pricing may go. In 2025, MK will average $179 in June and $183 in July. DHS will average $177 in June, $175 in July. The avg. ticket price for any UOR park is $155 in July.
  • For the first few weeks there will be no "park to park" tickets sold or ability to do so with Epic Universe (maybe after 4PM or something similar to WDW's policy)
  • No day of purchases

Annual Pass
  • Cheapest UOR 3-Park Pass (Seasonal) will probably be $440+ (comparable to Disney's Pixie Dust Pass at $439). Current 2-Park Seasonal is $325 w/ no parking included (WDW does).
  • Preferred (most popular) will probably see a $200 increase based on how Universal prices each park at $265 with it's current pricing. Currently priced at $530... so this pass is flirting with the $800 mark.
  • There will be a similar blockout system to WDW where some parks are blocked out, while others aren't (no reservations, but "dynamic blockout dates" is my guess for new APs. Some days IOA will be blocked, USF available, etc.). Epic will see the most blockout dates,, IOA might have some weekends off, USF will probably only see the regularly blocked out holidays.
  • Valet parking will be removed from Premier Pass (since Epic probably won't have any)

Other Speculation
  • Guaranteed Access for onsite resort guests (no matter which ticket you have as long as it includes Epic)
  • Volcano Bay will be a add-on with a standard price to simplify pricing structure (ex. $180 across any AP type) for annual passes. No more confusion of 2-park and 3-park passes

Any significant blockouts periods beyond 2 months post-opening for APs is ridiculous.

I’d rather reservations over blanket blackouts, but regardless, I feel any AP restrictions may be hopefully short lived.
I do too, I think having the ability to have a park "open up" for APs to visit will allow Universal to keep attendance healthy, without worry of too many people showing up.

Summary by ticket type spec on what UOR will do with tickets. I think UOR will keep things simple (hopefully) and not do anything to bottleneck the ticketing system. APs will be able to add Epic to their pass, but comes with lots of blockouts and restrictions.

Following assumptions are assuming Universal doesn't implement a reservation system.

1-Day/Multi-Day Passes
  • 1-Day pass will align with MK/DHS pricing is my guess... typically around $169-$189. Because WDW releases ticket prices a year in advance, we can see where pricing may go. In 2025, MK will average $179 in June and $183 in July. DHS will average $177 in June, $175 in July. The avg. ticket price for any UOR park is $155 in July.
  • For the first few weeks there will be no "park to park" tickets sold or ability to do so with Epic Universe (maybe after 4PM or something similar to WDW's policy)
  • No day of purchases

Annual Pass
  • Cheapest UOR 3-Park Pass (Seasonal) will probably be $440+ (comparable to Disney's Pixie Dust Pass at $439). Current 2-Park Seasonal is $325 w/ no parking included (WDW does).
  • Preferred (most popular) will probably see a $200 increase based on how Universal prices each park at $265 with it's current pricing. Currently priced at $530... so this pass is flirting with the $800 mark.
  • There will be a similar blockout system to WDW where some parks are blocked out, while others aren't (no reservations, but "dynamic blockout dates" is my guess for new APs. Some days IOA will be blocked, USF available, etc.). Epic will see the most blockout dates,, IOA might have some weekends off, USF will probably only see the regularly blocked out holidays.
  • Valet parking will be removed from Premier Pass (since Epic probably won't have any)

Other Speculation
  • Guaranteed Access for onsite resort guests (no matter which ticket you have as long as it includes Epic)
  • Volcano Bay will be a add-on with a standard price to simplify pricing structure (ex. $180 across any AP type) for annual passes. No more confusion of 2-park and 3-park passes

Any significant blockouts periods beyond 2 months post-opening for APs is ridiculous.

I do too, I think having the ability to have a park "open up" for APs to visit will allow Universal to keep attendance healthy, without worry of too many people showing up.
So you really think Universal can charge more for their lowest tier pass than Disney does with less parks and no free parking? I get it includes weekends, just seems high to me. Maybe they add in free parking to all their passes?