Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious to see how long restrictions would go for APs, and ticketing in general.

My big wonder is how this park looks in September 2025. Generally the slowest time of year (barring HHN), and the park will have been open for likely at least 4 months at that point.

So you really think Universal can charge more for their lowest tier pass than Disney does with less parks and no free parking? I get it includes weekends, just seems high to me. Maybe they add in free parking to all their passes?
I'm not saying that, Universal is lol

At the moment, Universal prices their parks far higher on a "per-park" basis compared to WDW. My estimate below is just assuming Universal takes their current per-park price and "adds" EU to it.

1719256535138.png

Mind you, these are FL residents prices. (WDW Pirate and Sorcerer are FL Residents/DVC only)

At the moment, Universal prices their parks far higher on a "per-park" basis compared to WDW. My estimate below is just assuming Universal takes their current per-park price and "adds" EU to it.

View attachment 22335

Mind you, these are FL residents prices. (WDW Pirate and Sorcerer are FL Residents/DVC only)
While the math is technically correct, there are too many missing variables to make it an apples to apples comparison.

While the math is technically correct, there are too many missing variables to make it an apples to apples comparison.
Obviously, not expecting to be right, just using what Universal tells us now to find some sort of starting point.
  • I'd imagine each will pass will increase a minimum of $180-200 (to cover the price of a 1-day ticket essentially).

I think Universal wants to avoid their top 3-Park pass to reach over $1K, so I'm expecting that one to have a standard $200 jump, but remove valet parking to justify the decreased cost.

While evil, I think UOR might consider a similar approach to WDW where blockouts come into play to distinguish each AP tier versus just benefits alone as Preferred/Premier will be tough to distinguish if Epic has no express.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
While evil, I think UOR might consider a similar approach to WDW where blockouts come into play to distinguish each AP tier versus just benefits alone as Preferred/Premier will be tough to distinguish if Epic has no express.
I definitely think Seasonal passes would see a very large amount of blockout dates

I just can't picture the chaos of park to park tickets and passholders unless they set up a reservation system or have each specific to Epic because otherwise it will just be too crowded for anyone to enjoy.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

View attachment 22335

That is per park, I mean the actual base price. I agree per park Disney can be cheaper, but there are other factors in there and different benefits. But I think the actually pricing it higher just straight out might not be wise, especially with no parking benefits. I also don't think the highest level will top 1k especially since the benefits won't be as good in Epic with no express.

I agree. I tried and the closest match I could get was Sorcerer to Preferred. They were the closest with benefits/black out. But the others are widely different to compare them.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
That is per park, I mean the actual base price. I agree per park Disney can be cheaper, but there are other factors in there and different benefits. But I think the actually pricing it higher just straight out might not be wise, especially with no parking benefits. I also don't think the highest level will top 1k especially since the benefits won't be as good in Epic with no express.

I agree. I tried and the closest match I could get was Sorcerer to Preferred. They were the closest with benefits/black out. But the others are widely different to compare them.
I think UOR will tie their lowest AP w/ Pixie Dust (possibly even a few dollars above), but really start to increase the number of blockout dates, especially for Epic. UOR's upper tiers will definitely be priced far lower than the ridiculous $1.5K WDW Incredi-pass though.

I do think some of the more unique benefits for Premier pass will start to dwindle (like Valet parking) and be "replaced" by increased blockouts at the other passes.

@HandsomePete said in the other thread

"Considering tickets to the existing parks are already $154 most days this summer (or higher), gonna go with "probably but depends when you go""

This. I'll go on further and say they'll price USF/IOA/EU tickets at the same price, with a hike in the spring like normal.

At MOST, Epic will match whatever the Magic Kingdom day-ticket is.

It’ll most likely match whatever the day-ticket is for their other dry parks is. It’s first three months will be blacked out for all APs (including any APs that include Epic). The day tickets will likely be able to be purchased in advance.

I'm expecting tickets to be pretty high, especially if there's no passholder previews. Everyone is gonna want to be here on opening day. A little price gouging could actually be a good idea.
I think ticket prices will be “normal”. But I also suspect guaranteed access with things like dining packages and vacation packages.

I wish that I paid more attention to recent openings like Universal Beijing and Disney Shanghai, but I think folks are overestimating the appetite to overspend on tickets in the heat of summer in Orlando. I also think people overestimate the general public’s awareness of the park.

With all of the dining EU has, they will need every breathing guest they can attract.