Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope they do something different for APs…
I mean, at least two of the five lands were clearly designed to cater to APs. Any behavior that alienates APs will absolutely tank attendance at the other two parks, and might even threaten the golden geese of Mardi Gras and HHN. (Plus giving UOR-only guests a reason to consider Disney again). And Kool-Ade drinking APs are the ones who will steer social media chatter toward "beStEst pArK eVah!!!" This leaked plan is just something for British tourists which, as with HHN, ends up being one of maybe 20 ticket options.

In truth, I think AP access was is where EU hopes to do the most damage to WDW. I think most days taken at EU from Disney resorts will be cannibalized USO/IoA days, but with both park's APs approaching each other in price and # of parks I could see a lot of dual-park APs giving up one, If that happens, I'll be curious to see how the Rat responds, but that's a thread for another discussion.

All this panic and not one park has ever sold out the month it opened (Closest was Magic Kingdom, which filled to capacity a month after opening for Thanksgiving). I now its been a long time between parks being built, but compared to the opening of WDW (and even Epcot) this hasn't inspired that kind of frenzy
But not one park has opened in the modern age of the internet.

IOA did NOT have weekly aerial construction updates followed by in depth breakdowns of those aerials.

I expect strong sales upon opening through at least January.

All this panic and not one park has ever sold out the month it opened (Closest was Magic Kingdom, which filled to capacity a month after opening for Thanksgiving). I now its been a long time between parks being built, but compared to the opening of WDW (and even Epcot) this hasn't inspired that kind of frenzy
Sorry to be pedantic, but Aquatica did. Then closed for capacity pretty much every day that Summer. I worked across the street, the traffic was staggering.

Too small, much cheaper and not apples:apples, but I feel like that park gets memory-holed around here.

IOA did NOT have weekly aerial construction updates followed by in depth breakdowns of those aerials.

While technically correct, in the social media age we did open two Harry Potter lands, one billed "a theme park within a theme park" more often than not in the media. Both lands closed but neither one closed its entire park.

HHN still goes to capacity (which I assume is lower than daily ops), but only when they offer de facto $5/night tickets. When you have to pony up $80 a night or $300 for a pass, that dissipates, even with two of-the-moment IPs.

Reactions: Jake S and Mad Dog
This will be the first park to open in the “theme park lifestyler” era. It will be interesting to see…
As is always the case with recent slang, it depends what you mean.

If you mean social media influencers, (1) there aren't really that many of them when you get down to The Law of Really Big Numbers, and (2) the top 10 or 20% -- the ones who could probably best afford am $800+ AP and days off of work -- will likely get all the content they need during media previews.

If you mean locals who make a theme park their whole identity and just like to hang out there "for the vibes" -- they were well established in Orlando by the time DAK and IoA opened. DAK was big enough to handle them (again, vast majority of people do have to work at least 5 days a week, usually during the day), IoA was ignored because it wasn't Disney and Mustafa said they must never go there.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Funny, I have TONS of construction pics of IOA. And let's face it, was there a bigger planned opening than the Magic Kingdom (Hell, it made the cover of life). There was panic tons of people would show up on Oct 1, 1971 (A date announced at the start of constrruction so there was 3 years of news). 10,000 showed up. There was so much panic over the crowds for USF, special signs to reroute traffic in case of backups were installed. Never used. The closest big opening I ever attended as at EPCOT (And I've been opening day to every park except Magic Kingdom) where the lines at the turnstiles and ticket booths stretched all the way to the parking lot by 9am (Thanks to an exec friend, I was already inside). Nunis was swearing up a storm. But, after the initial rush, it all died down and never hit capacity (and everything except Mexico broke down by 11am). Oh, and the World Wide Web started a few years before IOA opened (it's where I got the pictures). It first started in 1993 and first browser was in 1994. My coaster tour was planned entirely by internet in 1996 including hotel reservations, maps (MapQuest), reserved seat movie tickets. So yeah, the internet --- more specifically WWW --- was way in existence in 1999.

Strong attendance? Sure. Capacity level? Not so sure.

Wonder who will be the first blogger to get a job at Epic to try and get in the park for TM previews. Or pay someone to get a job there to get content first.

Reactions: SeventyOne