Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could see resort guests getting different options and then the question is what they do with APs. Offer an upgrade? Or offer some different type of a ticket since it doesn't make sense for an AP to buy a 3-5 day pass.
Agree with you. I have a Premiere 3 park pass and I know several people who do too. I can't believe Universal would make AP holders spend an additional 300 to 400 dollars for a multi-day ticket to go to Epic once. I really think AP holders would really be upset. I don't think they want to do that.

Scenario: a UK visitor, on an expensive vacation package, gets 1 day in Epic. The day he/she goes the 'new' rides start acting up like Gringotts, Hagrids, ROTR during their first couple months. Remaining lines are super long and said tourist only gets a few attractions in on a long day in the parks, and misses the attractions he wanted to do the most.....................Mad Dog is staying away until Epic runs smooth and not super crowded. I'm in no hurry. I waited this long already.

I'd guess they'll offer upgrades based on availability-- trade a "classic" park day for an additional Epic day for a fee.

To me it seems like additional Epic days would be a real perk for Resort guests, encouraging people to stay on property for Epic access. Stay at Helios, you probably get access every day of your stay-- a perk for spending the big bucks.

Yikes if it’s 1 day for international visitors.

We’ve got a 3 week stay planned at Universal Hotels around October 2025, horror nights, the full works, but the timing is solely for Epic Universe. There’s not a chance I’ll be sinking £18k or so into a trip with 1 day of Epic included haha

Maybe that’s intentional from Universal, to keep us away . This would work in all honesty and we’d change plans

To get ahead of all the ticket info coming out/about to come out, this is going to feel like HHN discussion where folks keep asking when multi-night tickets will drop or if they won’t this time—because all “initial” Epic Universe tickets will only be sold as 1-day add ons to multi-day multi-park ticket packages. And I just know everyone will be asking for months when single day tickets will drop.

But they’ll likely keep selling ticket packages with only 1 day for Epic tacked on as long as they keep selling. When and if sales slump and capacity is still left, they’ll release additional ticket types. It could happen as we get closer to grand opening, but since tickets will be date based, some days may already be sold out by the time single day tickets are released—namely opening day—and I’m sure they’re counting on that fear of missing out on opening day driving those multi-day multi-park initial ticket sales, even from folks who don’t need tickets to the existing parks.

Yikes if it’s 1 day for international visitors.

We’ve got a 3 week stay planned at Universal Hotels around October 2025, horror nights, the full works, but the timing is solely for Epic Universe. There’s not a chance I’ll be sinking £18k or so into a trip with 1 day of Epic included haha

Maybe that’s intentional from Universal, to keep us away . This would work in all honesty and we’d change plans

That's my thinking. Last time, I visited, I done 10 nights at Disney and 9 at Universal and it was way too much at Universal for me.

Depending on price, I'll be looking at buying 2x 3 day tickets if it means 2 days at Epic.

Reactions: Jake S and Alicia
That's my thinking. Last time, I visited, I done 10 nights at Disney and 9 at Universal and it was way too much at Universal for me.

Depending on price, I'll be looking at buying 2x 3 day tickets if it means 2 days at Epic.

Typically we use Universal hotel stays as the base for SeaWorld, Busch and other local bits too, but we love the more relaxed nature of it as it feels more like a holiday than Disney, as much as we also enjoy that.

I was waiting for Helios and was planning maybe 12 nights Royal Pacific or Cabana Bay, 2 nights Helios and 7 at Disney. But was going to judge on price, and was open to all options incl 3 weeks jumping hotels at Universal - was just waiting on details.

Without question the main draw is Epic and in my mind I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 days there, and maybe some partial days. Can understand why they’d want to restrict such behaviour, but practically it makes it very unappealing if it’s just 1 day. Like having a new shiny toy in front of you at Christmas that you can’t play with.

This news has been a bit of a bombshell in all honesty & I’ll adjust plans when it’s confirmed. Maybe a European tour!

Last edited:
It feels they’re driving a lot of people to the current resort, and making it harder, or even less appealing, to stay at Epic Universe. I fully understand it’s going to be mayhem at some days, but this all does feel like they are worried about attendance at the current resort. Parks and hotels included.

To get ahead of all the ticket info coming out/about to come out, this is going to feel like HHN discussion where folks keep asking when multi-night tickets will drop or if they won’t this time—because all “initial” Epic Universe tickets will only be sold as 1-day add ons to multi-day multi-park ticket packages. And I just know everyone will be asking for months when single day tickets will drop.

But they’ll likely keep selling ticket packages with only 1 day for Epic tacked on as long as they keep selling. When and if sales slump and capacity is still left, they’ll release additional ticket types. It could happen as we get closer to grand opening, but since tickets will be date based, some days may already be sold out by the time single day tickets are released—namely opening day—and I’m sure they’re counting on that fear of missing out on opening day driving those multi-day multi-park initial ticket sales, even from folks who don’t need tickets to the existing parks.
Translated for Locals: "Pay up."

With the recent trend of much lower summer attendance at Orlando parks, and it's been solidified thus far this summer, The attendance they're getting is fueled by a heavy discounted ticket deal. I don't expect sellouts to extend very far past opening month(s). I think we're all overreacting. The recent past history of new theme parks everywhere doesn't really shout out super high attendance in their first couple years.

Last edited:
The net effect of these kinds of ticket options (while keeping in mind that hopefully more flexible configurations are available by the time I want to start planning my next trip next year) is not that it will force me to buy multiple tickets for days at the current parks that I don't want.

The net effect will be that I won't visit the resort at all next year. Which I think would be an awful prospect, and I wouldn't be happy about it at all, but it would make me less unhappy than spending money I don't want to spend on two parks I plan to knock out in one day (both for logistical reasons, as I can't extend a vacation much beyond seven days, and WDW will be part of this trip... and also because I want to send a message with my time that USF is not in a state worthy of my whole day at this point).

Reactions: ReelJustice
The net effect of these kinds of ticket options (while keeping in mind that hopefully more flexible configurations are available by the time I want to start planning my next trip next year) is not that it will force me to buy multiple tickets for days at the current parks that I don't want.

The net effect will be that I won't visit the resort at all next year. Which I think would be an awful prospect, and I wouldn't be happy about it at all, but it would make me less unhappy than spending money I don't want to spend on two parks I plan to knock out in one day (both for logistical reasons, as I can't extend a vacation much beyond seven days, and WDW will be part of this trip... and also because I want to send a message with my time that USF is not in a state worthy of my whole day at this point).
Which is what a lot of people on here are saying. Same I said about AP. I am assuming more options come out in the future, but if they don't release more options I feel this is not going to work for Universal. I am not sure what projections they are looking at vs max capacity of park, but it feels their projections may be a little on the high side. We will see how this plays out over time. I have to assume they won't let it be a flop and will keep releasing more and more appealing options as tickets are not selling how they want them to.

Reactions: ReelJustice
It’s worth repeating that all of this info is coming from a Travel Agent leak.

Imagine if IOA was opening in the age of Reddit and Twitter and the only ticket type that leaked was the UO Vacation Packages tickets…the multi-day, multi-park ones that come with Express bundled. People who don’t want the upcharge of Park-to-Park or Express would be all upset over nothing because there IS a 1-Day Base ticket available, a FL Resident option, etc.

Looking at the current suite of tickets UO offers I think it’s obvious this won’t be IT. The Explorer Ticket…that’s another story. But it’s not, like, required for international travelers to buy that option.

It’s worth repeating that all of this info is coming from a Travel Agent leak.

Imagine if IOA was opening in the age of Reddit and Twitter and the only ticket type that leaked was the UO Vacation Packages tickets…the multi-day, multi-park ones that come with Express bundled. People who don’t want the upcharge of Park-to-Park or Express would be all upset over nothing because there IS a 1-Day Base ticket available, a FL Resident option, etc.

Looking at the current suite of tickets UO offers I think it’s obvious this won’t be IT. The Explorer Ticket…that’s another story. But it’s not, like, required for international travelers to buy that option.
Agreed, it is early and non-international people should just wait and see as more will come out. I think the explorer one is the ones most are talking about when saying they won't travel. Just because that is a super popular ticket for people to purchase internationally and only having 1 day out of 14 isn't the best option.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Agreed, it is early and non-international people should just wait and see as more will come out. I think the explorer one is the ones most are talking about when saying they won't travel. Just because that is a super popular ticket for people to purchase internationally and only having 1 day out of 14 isn't the best option.
And I am sympathetic to that, but I also happen to know the average Explorer Ticket does not get used for the full 14 days…honestly, the right end of the bell curve is probably at 6-7 days of use. A >14-day multi-park option is still available to anyone who chooses to purchase it and can still offer a solid value for a vacation.

But I do know it sucks for us fans who share the same enthusiasm and exist on the outlier end of that usage.