Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only reason it's taking this long is money. That's just how they operate. I think the thing that aggravates me personally is just the fact it's gonna take 3 years to build a D ticket attraction. Not to mention its a massive construction zone in the middle of a 400 million dollar expansion, that will of been open for well over a year before its complete. I've always felt the Mermaid (which I quite enjoy) will be the best overall and most complete attraction within the expansion. While I would loved to be proved otherwise, judging by what I've seen, I'm not holding my breath. But I do think it will be a beautiful addition though.:ears:

The only reason it's taking this long is money. That's just how they operate. I think the thing that aggravates me personally is just the fact it's gonna take 3 years to build a D ticket attraction. Not to mention its a massive construction zone in the middle of a 400 million dollar expansion, that will of been open for well over a year before its complete. I've always felt the Mermaid (which I quite enjoy) will be the best overall and most complete attraction within the expansion. While I would loved to be proved otherwise, judging by what I've seen, I'm not holding my breath. But I do think it will be a beautiful addition though.:ears:

I'm hoping 7DMT will be the best attraction in the bunch. Mermaid is lackluster and they've taken the most time with the train so let's hope.

Ultimately I think what is missing from the attraction is not an E-ticket, but a third D-ticket attraction. We should have had some sort of Beauty and the Best Dark Ride (maybe even trackless), instead of Storytime. It's certainly a possibility to be placed behind the village in the future.

Also the roll out is a little botched clearly. Had that happened (and all happened in one roll-out), I really don't see how people could complain. Although nit-pick, certainly there is always nit-pickers.

Probably the *best* part of New Fantasyland is that nothing is inherently wrong. Sure Mermaid could be a little longer with that big battle against Ursula finale. Sure SDMT could have perhaps done a third loop around the mountain (with an additional scene and gone fully right over top of the mountain to make it E-ticket worthy).

Nothing is "bad" or ugly, or doesn't fit. So no money needs to be spent to fix a broken concept. It just can be fleshed out down the line with an additional attraction or two. For that reason I think it is a success, just not the 16 attraction extravaganza we'd all love.

The original plan though, now that would have been "bad".

Last edited:
Pics from the new Tangled area. It's cute, looks pretty too. I didn't really venture into the depths of the bathroom, but I did take a quick look in and it looks pretty fancy.

_MG_8876_zpsb48d930f.jpg

_MG_8878_zps90202aeb.jpg

_MG_8879_zps4bb23f66.jpg

_MG_8880_zpsbd57ba1e.jpg

_MG_8881_zpsca193ce8.jpg

_MG_8883_zps22fd0d3b.jpg

_MG_8884_zps6f00de0d.jpg

_MG_8885_zpse08b5da2.jpg

_MG_8886_zps62550c19.jpg

_MG_8887_zps00fe131f.jpg

_MG_8888_zps670b4f6c.jpg

_MG_8889_zps6571313a.jpg

_MG_8890_zpse8fb9cb1.jpg

_MG_8891_zpsa9f1715c.jpg

love the area but i dont understand the bathroom ? Why are the frying pans placed where the mirrors are supposed to be.

blogger-image-2010541796-550x309.jpg

Pic from: Inside the Magic.

Last edited:
i really do have to give disney credit...when the mine train opens i think this will one of the most exquisetly themed areas around. even for just bathrooms this area looks fantastic! thanks briman!

love the area but i dont understand the bathroom ? Why are the frying pans placed where the mirrors are supposed to be.

blogger-image-2010541796-550x309.jpg

Pic from: Inside the Magic.
A lot of bathrooms in theme parks don't have mirrors in front of the sinks. But yes, it's a little odd. :lol:
The newly re-themed restrooms at Universal don't have mirrors either.

Not to go off topic, but is there a particular reason why mirrors in theme park bathrooms are apparently becoming a thing of the past? Or are there some in there but not in front of the sinks?

To be fair, the tangled bathroom area looks pretty neat. 7DMT is shaping up to be one amazingly themed ride too, just hurry up already.