Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Da Mouse has posted an update of the new bathroom structure: http://damouse.com/2012/09/04/tangled-fantasyland-walkway-bathrooms-beginning-to-take-village-form/

ioOK2mSRwUiuQ.jpg

I think if Disney wanted to resolve the tavern dilemma (other than "tavern-izing" the drink they have), they could have a whole selection of crazy frothy expressions. They could blame it on LaFue being crazy or say that Maurice brewed the beverages with his new contraption. Either way, the odd ingredients in this drink wouldn't seem out of place among others like it, and Disney could avoid the whole "omgz, guys its harry putterbear!" confusion (almost "one-upping" the wizard, too) by having more than one specialty refreshment. But they need just normal root beer/root beer floats, as well. What do you guys think? I mean, it's not like they don't already have all the drinks they need at carsland. Also, get rid of those mugs. Now. They're atrocious.

Probably just a pipe dream, but it just makes sense to me. :shrug:

Last edited:
I think if Disney wanted to resolve the tavern dilemma (other than "tavern-izing" the drink they have), they could have a whole selection of crazy frothy expressions. They could blame it on LaFue being crazy or say that Maurice brewed the beverages with his new contraption. Either way, the odd ingredients in this drink wouldn't seem out of place among others like it, and Disney could avoid the whole "omgz, guys its harry putterbear!" confusion (almost "one-upping" the wizard, too) by having more than one specialty refreshment. But they need just normal root beer/root beer floats, as well. What do you guys think? I mean, it's not like they don't already have all the drinks they need at carsland. Also, get rid of those mugs. Now. They're atrocious.

Probably just a pipe dream, but it just makes sense to me. :shrug:

They also didn't do that and I think it's safe to say, won't. If they had done that we would probably be slightly less critical of the whole situation, but still critical since packaging and everything denotes clear Butterbeer parallels. There is a market for knock offs and non-brand products, WDW should not be riding on that market.

They completely missed the point of Butterbeer.
To be fair, and I said this on twitter earlier, Not too many movies/stories are as well planned/thought out/imagined as Harry Potter was. JK Rowling literally created an entire world and didn't leave a single thing out. WDI can't help the fact that there was no "specialty drink" in BatB...oh wait, there was one - Alcohol. That's not the point though. I mean, did you honestly expect them to NOT have some sort of drink like this? We knew they weren't going to serve alcohol so there had to be something along these lines.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, I think this would have been the perfect opportunity to finally allow alcohol in the park. They could have limited to "in the tavern only", and not allowed to go cups, or any other outside sales. Think of how popular this tavern would have become with adults if this were the case. Disney needs to stop pretending they are this wholesome brand, they aren't, they are a corporation. If alcohol is so bad, then why is the Food and Wine festival one of the most popular events in Diseny World?

It's a missed opportunity, it would have given them TONS of press, and lots of discussion, hence free advertisements for this new expansion. It would have also made this tavern a real popular part of the expansion for many adults.

- - - Updated - - -

When I went to 3 Broomsticks we ordered a Butterbeer to split (which we didnt even finish), and two regular beers to drink. If Harry Potter can do it, so can Disney.

To be fair, and I said this on twitter earlier, Not too many movies/stories are as well planned/thought out/imagined as Harry Potter was. JK Rowling literally created an entire world and didn't leave a single thing out. WDI can't help the fact that there was no "specialty drink" in BatB...oh wait, there was one - Alcohol. That's not the point though. I mean, did you honestly expect them to NOT have some sort of drink like this? We knew they weren't going to serve alcohol so there had to be something along these lines.

It's not that it's there is the problem, it's that it's taken from a land with a completely different environment and taste just to give FLE a drink. It was going to happen, but mango foam in a French bar, not the best call. They should have made some kind of grape drink if they wanted to match the environment or just made a specialty rootbeer float.

Well if the MK is supposed to be "geared towards kids", it wouldn't be the brightest idea to introduce booze to the equation. :sneaky:

No one made them build a tavern. The story didn't exactly dictate it. Silly choice for a restaurant that is going to serve baked breakfast goods and fruit juice.

It's not that it's there is the problem, it's that it's taken from a land with a completely different environment and taste just to give FLE a drink. It was going to happen, but mango foam in a French bar, not the best call. They should have made some kind of grape drink if they wanted to match the environment or just made a specialty rootbeer float.

Strangely enough, there are three different types of this drink at Cars Land... one is grape flavored. Why they chose the one with the mango topping, I'll never know.

Also, at Cars Land you can get some vodka in your "whipped topped" beverage. :thumbs:

I'm sure if they did announce beer would be available in the park the disney loyalists would be extremely up in arms. It wouldn't be a big deal if they kept it to this one spot. it's really no different then letting mcDonalds sever french fries in the park, or Starbucks serve coffee.

If every other theme park in the world didn't sell booze, then maybe I can see why doing so would be considered risque, but in my mind it's quite the opposite.

I'm sure if they did announce beer would be available in the park the disney loyalists would be extremely up in arms. It wouldn't be a big deal if they kept it to this one spot. it's really no different then letting mcDonalds sever french fries in the park, or Starbucks serve coffee.

If every other theme park in the world didn't sell booze, then maybe I can see why doing so would be considered risque, but in my mind it's quite the opposite.

It's the only Golden Rule of Walt's they refuse to break. Just adding beer and wine to certain restaurants would be OK in my book.

for instance, would I really want to eat at Be Our Guest for dinner, eat French Food (at lease their version) and not be able to order a glass of french wine?

If you have ever been to Paris, they serve you wine before water at most places. I can't think of sitting down for a nice meal and NOT having it available. It compliments food SO well, especially French food.

I thought this aimed at children and those with children? Now we're up in arms about no alcohol :lol:

A multi million dollar expansion with two new dark rides, one new attraction/M&G (with what looks like the best AAs in any park ever) and a new themed restaurant and there are 2 pages that Disney have knocked off Butterbeer and it will taste like c**p lol. REALLY!!!!!!

Sounds like iam a major Disney fan but just want some perspective

Wow just noticed with the deletion of the other thread I've lost close to 200+ post under my post count, thanks MIABoy :saw:

And with that, I rode TLM in DCA last week and honest to god have to tell you it was horrible...I mean baaaaaad, there's no more Dole Whip Ariel anymore which is good, BUUUUUTT, the ride is just sooo un-inspiring on every level, even the "impressive" AA's looked weak surrounded by all of the other BAD AA's and the storytelling is just as bad...that transition from Kiss the Girl, to the ending is so much WORSE in person than it is on the video, the videos on youtube make it look BETTER than what it was to be honest.

With that said, my expectations for the expansion has been DRASTICALLY reduced UNLESS they fixed the ride in MK's version, which I doubt they did....so SWMT better be good or this whol expansion is worth diddly in my book.

:rant: over