Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are 2 pages that Disney have knocked off Butterbeer and it will taste like c**p lol. REALLY!!!!!!

Sounds like iam a major Disney fan but just want some perspective

Well, they did. Don't blame em either. Another missed boat though, as I feel they should have gone with a root beer/cream soda mixtures to at least stick with the Tavern vibe to an extent .

A multi million dollar expansion with two new dark rides, one new attraction/M&G (with what looks like the best AAs in any park ever) and a new themed restaurant and there are 2 pages that Disney have knocked off Butterbeer and it will taste like c**p lol. REALLY!!!!!!

Here's some perspective:
-This cost about the same as Carsland, and on all accounts Carsland has it beat on every level.
-There's one "new" dark ride. Mermaid will be almost a carbon copy sans the queue from DCA.
-People are only going to get so excited for a M&G no matter what they dress it up as, especially when it's one aimed at young children and specifically little girls.
-People are extremely bothered by the fact that they spent money on the Belle AA's, and went so dirt cheap on Mermaid's.
-Even if they didn't copy butterbeer, it's a copy from Carsland that makes little sense.

Well, they did. Don't blame em either. Another missed boat though, as I feel they should have gone with a root beer/cream soda mixtures to at least stick with the Tavern vibe to an extent .
If they had done this, and you know it's true, everyone would be saying they were trying even HARDER to get a butterbeer-esque specialty drink. :lol:

I guess they dont want to copy butter beer because they dont want kids going crazy with the sugar or candy that might be in the drink and getting hyper and bothering people like crazy. I guess disney has decided to make a healthy drink I was hopeing the drink would be sweet and kind of be like butter beer or better than butter beer I guess i set my expectations to high.

I guess they dont want to copy butter beer because they dont want kids going crazy with the sugar or candy that might be in the drink and getting hyper and bothering people like crazy. I guess disney has decided to make a healthy drink I was hopeing the drink would be sweet and kind of be like butter beer or better than butter beer I guess i set my expectations to high.

:rolleyes:

It's the freaking Magic Kingdom. Most kids are already flipping their :censored:.

GI am on board with many of you, I'm left scratching my head on this. As cohesive and theme-appropriate as the BoG menu is, GT's menu appears the opposite. Even with a kiddie version of a tavern, fruity drinks and cinnamon rolls are the last things I would equate with Gaston or a French Provincial pub.
I could have sworn on one of the original press releases they referred to Gaston's serving multiple, unique and exclusive "brews." While the Butterbeer crowd still would have cried "rip-off," at least Disney could have countered "Uni has one drink, we have a whole tavern of them." I was honestly expecting root beer, ginger ale and a chocolate "stout" along with copious amounts of turkey legs, pretzels and other "manly" food.

Missing the boat here.

Regarding alcohol, I'm glad they're sticking to their guns and not selling it in MK. We don't take our son to Epcot any more because of the drunks staggering around World Showcase, so at least MK is a bastion of semi-civilized behavior. If you can't have a good time out with your little ones without drinking, then you're doing it wrong and frankly have a problem.

Regarding alcohol, I'm glad they're sticking to their guns and not selling it in MK. We don't take our son to Epcot any more because of the drunks staggering around World Showcase, so at least MK is a bastion of semi-civilized behavior. If you can't have a good time out with your little ones without drinking, then you're doing it wrong and frankly have a problem.

Really? First I've heard of people steering clear of Epcot due to "drunks". However, I disagree with your last statement. There is nothing wrong with having a glass of wine with your meal at the end of the day. A drink doesn't make you a drunk.

If you can't take your kid to Epcot, I'd steer clear of Friday's, Chili's, and the like for family meals then.

With the lack of adult entertainment in the MK in the last 20 years, at least throw them a bone and let them enjoy some wine in BoG or a beer in Gaston's.

Honest question: do you take him to DHS and AK still since they sell alcohol?

Amusement Pics posted a great new FLE update with things happening all over the new land. Work on the SDMT coaster continues. The gateway to Storybook Circus is in the process of going up with new signage. Also, the path has apparently been rerouted so you now walk behind some of the new castle walls, which provides a great view of a few new details.

iE38g22bk3u98.jpg

iA1WvJhL8Nwwj.jpg

iEwIcyyIGrC9m.jpg

inz5EQfeaTcHE.jpg

i3hBWj3kTeGOo.jpg

ik3dvgqc12Mof.jpg

ibdn0dkLRmbNiz.jpg

i3lR3j2KW5BIh.jpg

Here's some perspective:
-This cost about the same as Carsland, and on all accounts Carsland has it beat on every level.
-There's one "new" dark ride. Mermaid will be almost a carbon copy sans the queue from DCA.
-People are only going to get so excited for a M&G no matter what they dress it up as, especially when it's one aimed at young children and specifically little girls.
-People are extremely bothered by the fact that they spent money on the Belle AA's, and went so dirt cheap on Mermaid's.
-Even if they didn't copy butterbeer, it's a copy from Carsland that makes little sense.

Response:

- You cant compare Carsland and FLE they are two total different expansion built for different reasons and different markets. Carsland was to increase capacity and visitor numbers to a failing park and FLE is to soak up people and give there main target market (young families) more to do in the most popular park in the world. This doesn’t appeal to the majority on this board as they don’t fall into that demographic

- There will be Two new dark rides for MK and the east coast regardless if Mermaid is a copy from another park. Again a little bit of anti-Disney bias here as I don’t see many people saying the same thing over on another thread about a certain ride heading into USF

- Well I for one am extremely excited about the AAs and mirror effect in this attraction and level of detail in the whole FLE. Plus in your 2nd point you complain that Disney are cloning rides this is something complete new and original so should be embraced.

- Until Belles AAs weren't people saying that some of Mermaids AAs were the best ever and again little bit of a contradiction that Disney went cheap on a ride. Disney do a lot of things wrong granted but they always spend big bucks (sometimes to much on the smallest details) as is mention on the forum many many times

- It makes perfect sense to copy Carsland drink from a business point of view plus again its new to MK and Orlando so new to the vast majority of people that are going to drink it. Again I admit that maybe the product doesn’t appeal to all but your seeing this from your view point and not from the view of target audience

Not trying to cause trouble just a counter balance view really to a lot of what has been posted.

Response:

- You cant compare Carsland and FLE they are two total different expansion built for different reasons and different markets. Carsland was to increase capacity and visitor numbers to a failing park and FLE is to soak up people and give there main target market (young families) more to do in the most popular park in the world. This doesn’t appeal to the majority on this board as they don’t fall into that demographic

This I agree with totally. 2 different project with 2 different goals.

- There will be Two new dark rides for MK and the east coast regardless if Mermaid is a copy from another park. Again a little bit of anti-Disney bias here as I don’t see many people saying the same thing over on another thread about a certain ride heading into USF

Big difference in cloning a D-Ticket dark ride and the winner of the themed attraction of the year. But I don't really have a problem with clones. My problem with LM has nothing to do with it being a clone.

- Well I for one am extremely excited about the AAs and mirror effect in this attraction and level of detail in the whole FLE. Plus in your 2nd point you complain that Disney are cloning rides this is something complete new and original so should be embraced.

I couldn't be less interested in the Belle M&G. But I am not the target demo so ce la vie. It will be very popular with the little girls.

- Until Belles AAs weren't people saying that some of Mermaids AAs were the best ever and again little bit of a contradiction that Disney went cheap on a ride. Disney do a lot of things wrong granted but they always spend big bucks (sometimes to much on the smallest details) as is mention on the forum many many times

There are very few actual AAs in LM, but some are quite well done. Especially the Ursala AA. But the number of simple mechanical figures combined with the poor storytelling leave this attraction a bit of a let down.

- It makes perfect sense to copy Carsland drink from a business point of view plus again its new to MK and Orlando so new to the vast majority of people that are going to drink it. Again I admit that maybe the product doesn’t appeal to all but your seeing this from your view point and not from the view of target audience

From a business standpoint, maybe. But from a themeing standpoint they couldn't have done much worse. How much would it have cost this $40 Billion multinational corp to come up with something unique that fits the theme better?

GI am on board with many of you, I'm left scratching my head on this. As cohesive and theme-appropriate as the BoG menu is, GT's menu appears the opposite. Even with a kiddie version of a tavern, fruity drinks and cinnamon rolls are the last things I would equate with Gaston or a French Provincial pub.
I could have sworn on one of the original press releases they referred to Gaston's serving multiple, unique and exclusive "brews." While the Butterbeer crowd still would have cried "rip-off," at least Disney could have countered "Uni has one drink, we have a whole tavern of them." I was honestly expecting root beer, ginger ale and a chocolate "stout" along with copious amounts of turkey legs, pretzels and other "manly" food.

Missing the boat here.

Oh please spare me the, "you have a problem" talk. There is nothing wrong with having a drink while at a theme park. Every theme park besides Magic Kingdom sells alcohol. Animal Kingdom just announced new rum drinks for god sakes. The only time I have ever seen "staggering drunks" at a theme park was at Halloween Horror Nights, which basically encourages it with Funnel glasses, and half off refills. But that's definitely more of an adult event in the first place.

Adding alcohol to one area of the park would NOT create a park full of drunk people. To me, considering Gaston's is a tavern, beer should be served in some form. And for a French inspired sit down retaurant, that needs reservations, NOT to have wine is a huge turn off to me.

If you need a lesson on how wine compliments food, I suggest taking some courses at the Food and Wine fest this year.

The only time I've seen unruly drunks at Epcot was at Food and Wine. I have seen plenty of drunk people but most of them keep it pretty cool, but I've never seen these drunken oafs that I'm being told migrate on Epcot. Maybe I'm just one of them, but if buying $13 Margaritas is the devil and keeps little kids away I'll continue to buy them.

Response:

There will be Two new dark rides for MK and the east coast regardless if Mermaid is a copy from another park. Again a little bit of anti-Disney bias here as I don’t see many people saying the same thing over on another thread about a certain ride heading into USF

The primary reason people aren't complaining is because Universal is also getting an entire new land, fresh upgrades throughout the park, the rumored Simpson's area and a plethora of other things. Transformers is simply an added bonus. However, in Magic Kingdom, this is the first "E Ticket" (even though this is definitely not an E Ticket) Disney has received in years. It's a major letdown and unacceptable in pretty much every way possible.

You don't see as many people complaining if RSR came to DHS do you?

Regardless of what's coming to Magic Kingdom, I'm excited for some new experiences. Im disappointed on what we're getting, but it is something new and I know my family will enjoy it. Yea, we'll spend a heck of lot more time at Universal, but Disney is still fun in its own right.

Response:

The point was that money means nothing. You can buy something great, or something mediocre depending on how the funds are spent.

And this was a huge sticking point in the former thread, but the demo SHOULDN'T BE young families. Through the last 20 years, TDO has made it that way. But the park is better than that and it was not intended to pander to children. Young families don't need more to do. Every single addition since 1992 has been for young families. Older kids are overdue for something new.

There were actually plenty of people saying they didn't want a TF clone when the news broke. But like Disneyhead said, a D clone is way different than something voted the best new ride of the year. I'm not against cloning, they can give WDW Indiana Jones, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and RSR anytime they want and I'll be thrilled. I'm against cloning disappointing attractions.

The AA's are amazing, for sure. But nobody without a little girl is going to see this more than once, if ever for them. It's a wasted opportunity for the characters and technology. It's not enough to build something new. Disney is better than that. Just because something is original doesn't mean it has to be loved. It should be evaluated for what it is.

A few of the figures are nice, but like Disneyhead said most of the figures aren't even true AA's. That's cheap. Look at what Vyrus recently had to say about it, he's actually been on the ride. It's disappointing. The poor storyline doesn't help the appearance either.

When you run the parks strictly like a business, you get the crap churned out by TDO. It's a theme park. Put it somewhere where it makes sense. Maybe somewhere in Adventureland where such a fruity drink would make more sense. There's nothing wrong with bringing it to WDW, but it makes very little sense to put it in Gaston's. Personally I don't even care too much, but it's a very legitimate gripe.

Not trying to cause trouble just a counter balance view really to a lot of what has been posted.

Nothing wrong with discussion as long as it's respectful. Everyone can post their opinions.

Response:

Again a little bit of anti-Disney bias here as I don’t see many people saying the same thing over on another thread about a certain ride heading into USF

That certain ride has been criticized by members because we have a ride very similar, right next door. It hasn't been "all-aboard" for Transformers.

- It makes perfect sense to copy Carsland drink from a business point of view plus again its new to MK and Orlando so new to the vast majority of people that are going to drink it. Again I admit that maybe the product doesn’t appeal to all but your seeing this from your view point and not from the view of target audience.

No, it makes sense from a business PoV to have a drink similar to what Butterbeer has done for Universal. Either way, this missed a golden oppurtunity to out-do Universal with a bigger selection of drinks. One for kids (Apple) and one for others (Root Beer/Cream Soda).

I'm still trying to figure out the second dark ride nmu is talking about. The only one is Mermaid. 7D is a coaster, not a dark ride, especially since there are only 2 indoor scenes and most of the coaster ride is outside. I wouldn't even call it a hybrid.