Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From a business standpoint, maybe. But from a themeing standpoint they couldn't have done much worse. How much would it have cost this $40 Billion multinational corp to come up with something unique that fits the theme better?

Yea the weakest of my arguments I grant you and your probable right they could have done better but will it really matter in the grand scheme of things. I would much rather they spent the money on the amazing theaming of the whole FLE than the R&D and production of a drink. Also I think there are right to stick to the no alcohol rule in MK and especially in FL. Not saying that the Tavern wouldn’t be a more realistic if they served beer just think so much of Walt’s visions and ideas have either gone or been watered down that it’s nice to for some tradition.

But still baffles me that there are so many people getting so upset about what is at the end of the day just a drink and like others have said what ever Disney did they were always going to get knocked by the ButterBeer comparison.

Yea the weakest of my arguments I grant you and your probable right they could have done better but will it really matter in the grand scheme of things. I would much rather they spent the money on the amazing theaming of the whole FLE than the R&D and production of a drink. Also I think there are right to stick to the no alcohol rule in MK and especially in FL. Not saying that the Tavern wouldn’t be a more realistic if they served beer just think so much of Walt’s visions and ideas have either gone or been watered down that it’s nice to for some tradition.

They've trampled every other one of his visions. The rest of the park hasn't been what he wanted for years, why cling on to the alcohol?

Walt’s visions and ideas have either gone or been watered down that it’s nice to for some tradition.

Walt's entire vision for what DisneyWorld stood for is completely trashed. This whole land is evidence of it. Not providing alcohol because of "Walt" is silly.

MK and DL are two whole different beasts.

DL is literally about cramming in as much as they could in the space that they had, at MK since they have all the space they wanted, they tried to make it a much more IMMERSIVE experience, the downside is there are a lot less attractions and because of that ride capacity is an issue.

Personally DL at the moment kicks MK in 50 circles over and over again, even WITH this expansion.

They have Mr Toad still....nuff said...

I guess they dont want to copy butter beer because they dont want kids going crazy with the sugar or candy that might be in the drink and getting hyper and bothering people like crazy. I guess disney has decided to make a healthy drink

Do you really believe this is going to be made with fresh-squeezed mango juice or something? It will be a mix of sugar and chemical flavors, just like Butterbeer and every other soft drink served in every theme park everywhere.

Still shaking my head over the cinnamon rolls. Pretzels/turkey legs? Perfect tavern food. Crepes? Could also work. Mini apple tarts? I think they were in the movie, are definitely in Philharmagic, definitely French, so why not. Some random blueberry custard called "The Grey Stuff"? At least it's canon. But cinnamon rolls???

I think the "no alcohol rule" at Magic Kingdom would make more sense if you coudlnt get a beer/drink at every other Diseny theme park, hotel, restaurant, and shopping district on the property. They even sell drinks at the character dinners. Holding onto "Walt's Dream" or whatever is completely retarded when you look at all the other changes that have occured throughout the parks/resort.

Now that they have an actual tavern, and french sit down restaurant, to NOT take advantage of that is just poor business strategy. And isn't that what we talked about all along? It's decisions like this, that shows how uneven and sporatic the management decisions are. They want to save money by cutting back on attractions, but refuse to make a lot more money by invisible ideals that they don'y live up to in the first place.

If Universal can ban coke products in Wizarding World, then Disney can bring beer/wine to a Tavern in Magic Kingdom.

But still baffles me that there are so many people getting so upset about what is at the end of the day just a drink and like others have said what ever Disney did they were always going to get knocked by the ButterBeer comparison.

It's a discussion forum. People are going to discuss their opinions on the newest announcements. No one has gone past the point of saying it is disappointing. I don't get what you're baffled over.

And are we seriously bringing up the bias garbage again... Go back to the Soundstage 44 thread, somewhere near the beginning. It was complaining and debating galore on whether or not TF was really a good idea when we already have Spidey. If anyone else wants to try the anti-Disney again, at least try backing it up for once. We've backed up our side, but you all continuously leave out any evidence of the complaining being one sided.

FYI..I don't really care that it's a butter-beer knockoff, because I expected as much. Disney would be stupid not to try to capitolize on this, what annoys me is that there seems to be no thought put into it at all. It's like they arent even trying. Small details like this bother me, because they seem SO obvious. It's pure lazyness.

FYI..I don't really care that it's a butter-beer knockoff, because I expected as much. Disney would be stupid not to try to capitolize on this, what annoys me is that there seems to be no thought put into it at all. It's like they arent even trying. Small details like this bother me, because they seem SO obvious. It's pure lazyness.

I agree with you completely

They've trampled every other one of his visions. The rest of the park hasn't been what he wanted for years, why cling on to the alcohol?

I would imagine you're clever enough to think this is silly logic too? I mean we all push so hard for them to stick to so many of Walt's visions (You're dead if you only aim at kids) that we can't use the "oh they don't care anyway so why not get rid of all of them" excuse, but only if we don't care about his other visions and I think this thread alone proves we do.

I'm not against alcohol in the parks, I just don't think thats the best reasoning against it. I mean, it's better just to say that times have changed and the attitudes towards alcohol with it. Paris does it fine, they tried banning it but culture is different and when you pay so much for a meal you expect to be able to accompany it with a nce glass of wine. If the parks did introduce the likeliness of roaming drunks is small, I've paid enough to get in and the drinks are more expensive than a swanky night club would charge so I'd rather got there to get drunk than a Disney park, where I might as well enjoy my time, and enjoy my meal with that glass of red it deserves (some places).

I would imagine you're clever enough to think this is silly logic too? I mean we all push so hard for them to stick to so many of Walt's visions (You're dead if you only aim at kids) that we can't use the "oh they don't care anyway so why not get rid of all of them" excuse, but only if we don't care about his other visions and I think this thread alone proves we do.

I'm not against alcohol in the parks, I just don't think thats the best reasoning against it. I mean, it's better just to say that times have changed and the attitudes towards alcohol with it. Paris does it fine, they tried banning it but culture is different and when you pay so much for a meal you expect to be able to accompany it with a nce glass of wine. If the parks did introduce the likeliness of roaming drunks is small, I've paid enough to get in and the drinks are more expensive than a swanky night club would charge so I'd rather got there to get drunk than a Disney park, where I might as well enjoy my time, and enjoy my meal with that glass of red it deserves (some places).

Agreed

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/new-fantasyland/

This is a great marketing site. Great job, Disney marketing.

My favorite part is the old-looking, interactive map.

ib7QwkhAWTrjx.png