Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i really do have to give disney credit...when the mine train opens i think this will one of the most exquisetly themed areas around. even for just bathrooms this area looks fantastic! thanks briman!

Definitely better than Hogwarts, and Dragon's Challenge, and Hogsmeade, and the themed bathrooms at Universal. Definitely.

Definitely better than Hogwarts, and Dragon's Challenge, and Hogsmeade, and the themed bathrooms at Universal. Definitely.

Wow, really? I think this looks great but Hogsmeade is done so well and looks exactly like it does in the movies (or as it's described in the book?) and Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey is breathtaking; Hogwarts looks gigantic and really looks like a "castle". And I love the bathrooms, with Moaning Myrtle...unless that was sarcasm?

Wow, really? I think this looks great but Hogsmeade is done so well and looks exactly like it does in the movies (or as it's described in the book?) and Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey is breathtaking; Hogwarts looks gigantic and really looks like a "castle". And I love the bathrooms, with Moaning Myrtle...unless that was sarcasm?

That in fact was sarcasm.

That in fact was sarcasm.

Ok, good. It's hard to pick up on sarcasm through written words. :blank:

I am upset that for vacation this year, we will be staying in Walt Disney World Resort (at the Hilton), but we won't be visiting Magic Kingdom. We just went last year and did not have any fun - crowds were just too much - but I think with the new Fantasyland crowds will spread out more. It's such a small park and the capacity is so low which makes for a hard time walking around. I plan on visiting within the next five years, after the mine train ride has opened.

Also, is the mine train coaster the last project for Fantasyland?

New Construction Pics of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!!

Hope you guys enjoy these brand new pics of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train construction site!! This is the best I could do with my eight foot reach! haha
8d4627cf-d711-4925-8b3b-a3038d51fce5.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

I can only hope that if Disney has put this much detail and attention to bathrooms (which are quite arguably the lowest on the priority totem pole when it comes to themeing), it's because we're seeing a new standard of scenery work that'll only be greater for actual rides and lands.

Q2 2014 is the planned date window, so anytime between what February and April? Not sure of Disney's fiscal calendar.

I know in the big picture, my disappointment in how slow Disney has moved with this coaster and the FLE in general is probably viewed as stupid. But as a theme park fan, I'm disgusted at the progress Disney is making. Way too long to finish, imo.

The only thing that really disgusts me is the giant construction zone blocking your newest expansion that your heavily advertising. Imagine the Wizarding World opening without the FJ or Hogsmeade. Or how about opening Radiator Springs with the main drag of route 66 still under construction. They just missed the mark completely with this entire project and now the rumbles of sub par numbers support that.

I truly hope someone at Corporate realizes this phased opening crap was a horrible move, and it's better to give 100% to the paying customer up front rather than give them 50% up front with the rest spread out over another 12-16 months. Just seems like poor show from customer service perspective. Like a nickel and dimming situation.