Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That recreation looks incredible, especially that first big airtime hill looking towards the lower lot!

I'm hoping for similar restraints to Velocicoaster whether the ride drifts or not. Seems like Time Traveler has them so I'd assume F&F will have them as well whether it spins or not.

Reactions: Nico
Is Gasolina just the Morbius around here? I thought it was panned for how it sounded in the now defunct tour section, but now I can't tell if it's ironic liking or actually wanting it to come back. XD

Kind of reminds me how Jurassic World had a post ride scene planned with Owen and Claire, and even had the monitor in place, but it got removed before the ride even opened. Might be lost media at this point and I can't help but wonder what was meant to happen there.

Pretty good points.
SoulfulMadeupDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

I also hope you're right about this taking pressure off of SNW. I know it's got the brand appeal but in this ride's case, I also think a solid offering can make for a solid crowd sink as well. It'd be an absolute win.
I had no idea there was a scene planned with Owen and Claire planned with a screen in place. Where was this screen going to be? Is it still there on VC?

Could the hillside support multiple roller coasters? Given nothing else would really work there it might be a way for universal to add capacity in otherwise space that couldn't be used easily in Hollywood.

I had no idea there was a scene planned with Owen and Claire planned with a screen in place. Where was this screen going to be? Is it still there on VC?
It was JWRA not VC. It was a small video monitor on the left side of the boat in the corner before unload. It was a stupid & unnecessary addition that was very short-lived. It was just them welcoming guests back similar to Brendan Fraiser in Orlando's Mummy, only without the iconic coffee line.

They probably realized people were too chatty after the drop and would completely ignore it.
Nah. It was just unnecessary & it'd ruin the whole unload approach dramatic theme playing (loudly). Also if the boats aren't backed up at unload, guests wouldn't really see it before getting off the ride anyway.

Do we know if this is still a drift coaster and if it'll have that backwards C shaped launch spike?
Recent track layout found by the ParkFans tram indicates no spiked launch, four inversions and four launches with dual loading stations.

As far as the controlled spinning, would assume so. They’ve been testing sound barriers specifying a shape as of March and April. Would imagine it is a critical aspect of the ride to have it get approved.

Reactions: Freak
Do we know if this is still a drift coaster and if it'll have that backwards C shaped launch spike?
Sadly, according to the layout, that C-section has most likely been scrapped. It makes sense why they would cut it being that they have a dual-load/unload station.

I can’t imagine why the rotating/drifting would get scrapped. Like Alex said, that is the element that would get them to reduce the noise levels.

This may be a silly question, but can the "leaked" track layout actually be believed? Seems like everyone's just accepting it without question.

And let's just all keep in mind, even if it is authentic, it could be an old plan, or a flat out fake (anyone remember when the coaster community was going nuts about the "leaked" 300 ft coaster at Knott's that was going to have an underground tunnel beneath Beach Blvd.? Yeah, that didn't exactly pan out). Perhaps it is real, who knows, but I take all leaks with a grain of salt. If it's true, that's great, but I'm not going to go crazy analyzing or commenting on something that many not even be accurate.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

This may be a silly question, but can the "leaked" track layout actually be believed? Seems like everyone's just accepting it without question.

And let's just all keep in mind, even if it is authentic, it could be an old plan, or a flat out fake (anyone remember when the coaster community was going nuts about the "leaked" 300 ft coaster at Knott's that was going to have an underground tunnel beneath Beach Blvd.? Yeah, that didn't exactly pan out). Perhaps it is real, who knows, but I take all leaks with a grain of salt. If it's true, that's great, but I'm not going to go crazy analyzing or commenting on something that many not even be accurate.

Exactly. Everyone is taking these plans as official but when/if it turns out differently, people will be “furious.”

ParkFans has had a high track record deep-diving and investgating through their own network of those on the site of figuring out the documents that they found.

It's what helped them for Pipeline, and Dorney Park's Dive Coaster to name two examples. Drachen Spire & DarKoaster leaks were also their handy craft for investgating (and they just did so again with Antarctica's replacement).

Last edited:

For what it’s worth much of the layout lines up with rumored changes I’ve heard about since the old concept art was drawn up, so seems pretty believable to me.