Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Wikipedia:

"The attraction's 37 Mystic Magneto-Electric Carriages are automated guided vehicles that can travel freely throughout the mansion, receiving directional instruction via radio-frequency identification technology in the floor and Wi-Fi."

This is exactly how Kong works except the vehicles are SO large they cannot go wandering all over the place. So if you think that Kong has a track then those attractions have tracks too, with options.

The comment about the Kong vehicles provokes a funny image.

You're in a truck but, instead of going into Kong, it veers way off course (typical UNI ride where something goes wrong) and the truck begins rolling down the walkways and driving around the park. After a very long and interesting tour (with dialogue presented by the AA drivers), the truck finally reattains its track position and resumes the normal ride path.

Truly wireless vehicles.

Reactions: anihilnation
Rode this for the first time at USH yesterday, it was actually pretty enjoyable and I wouldn't mind this coming. Better then disaster IMO, mostly because the pre shows for disaster were so long.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
It wont let me load the picture but the soundstage wall looks like it will have a little bit of theming. On Midway Mayhems newest video you can see it at the 5 min mark

Reactions: Joel
Does anyone know if entrance would be where Beetlejuice was or Disaster? I would think Beetlejuice since the current building under construction isnt close to Beetlejuice.

Every time I enter this thread, I just get frustrated. :lol: There is zero need for another 360 tunnel attraction at the resort when they just opened one in such close proximity. I don't understand whose M.O. is to make the parks more "samey" these past few years, when IOA and USF had very different identities originally. 3 Steel Coasters Next Door / Rockit, Potter / Potter, Spiderman / Transformers, Kong / Furious.

They really are treating these parks like they're not stones throw away from each other, like they're not pushing hoppers and multi-day tickets, etc. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if SLoP gets a 4D movie in USF and Sing gets a 4D movie in IOA. /rant

Every time I enter this thread, I just get frustrated. :lol: There is zero need for another 360 tunnel attraction at the resort when they just opened one in such close proximity. I don't understand whose M.O. is to make the parks more "samey" these past few years, when IOA and USF had very different identities originally. 3 Steel Coasters Next Door / Rockit, Potter / Potter, Spiderman / Transformers, Kong / Furious.

I don't think you're wrong to feel frustrated. I still believe IOA has a pretty terrific balance and feels distinct in its identity... for now. The Studios is the park where I start to question the wisdom of those making decisions for the resort. There's likely to be lots of similar experiences (to attractions in both the same park and IOA) by the time F&F opens in 2018.

Prior to Kong I was on the cusp of "too many screen rides" in a normal touring day with a park newbie or infrequent guest.

With Kong it was official for me - too many screens. The lingering headache in my temples that got worse after each encounter beyond the 3rd with 3D glasses solidified it.

Reactions: misterID
Nope. Not at all.

Kong should've been the only 360 ride. F&F will just cheapen that type of ride experience.
They are different experiences of 360 though, atleast when I rode it in Hollywood, one focuses on being pushed around and stuff with water effects, the other one focuses on fast paced action scenes moving through a city with tons of smoke effects and I think there may of been some water effects but I forgot. It's kind of hard to explain but they just felt well, different. Anyways, this will probably be a big hit among the GP (Most likely because of the popularness of the IP) and IMO this will be a great addition.

They are different experiences of 360 though, atleast when I rode it in Hollywood, one focuses on being pushed around and stuff with water effects, the other one focuses on fast paced action scenes moving through a city with tons of smoke effects and I think there may of been some water effects but I forgot. It's kind of hard to explain but they just felt well, different. Anyways, this will probably be a big hit among the GP (Most likely because of the popularness of the IP) and IMO this will be a great addition.
Yeah, the GP will probably gobble it up.

I'm actually counting on that.

Yeah, the GP will probably gobble it up.

I'm actually counting on that.

Capacity wise, it'll be a great addition to the park. Critically, I think it'll be mixed depending on how they handle it; and publicly I would wager that it'll be on the level as Transformers is in popularity.

Unlike Kong, F&F has in my opinion..more weight in the terms of IP and the popularity of it.

Capacity wise, it'll be a great addition to the park. Critically, I think it'll be mixed depending on how they handle it; and publicly I would wager that it'll be on the level as Transformers is in popularity.

Unlike Kong, F&F has in my opinion..more weight in the terms of IP and the popularity of it.
Kong still has his iconic Hollywood status so it's all good :)