Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would assume with all the announcements Universal has made over the last couple weeks, and the fact that IAAPA is in town, we're about to get some more news about this project within the next couple days.

Kong sort of proved that not having a track was pointless and didnt enhance the experience.
Kong for all intents and purposes IS on a track.... it's just invisible. A true trackless ride allows for extreme variation in ride path that can't be done with a physical track in place.

Kong for all intents and purposes IS on a track.... it's just invisible. A true trackless ride allows for extreme variation in ride path that can't be done with a physical track in place.

Which was never the designed intent of F&F's ride, so having it trackless was similarly pointless to Kong being trackless. Expensive and "oo.. aah.. we can brag about it the fantards at IAAPA who will wank off to the idea of it.." sort of thing.

Kong sort of proved that not having a track was pointless and didnt enhance the experience.

I think it was interesting to have but you're right, it added very little except from how it looked but after a truck runs over the same area for years, it's going to leave a noticeable trail.

From Wikipedia:

"The attraction's 37 Mystic Magneto-Electric Carriages are automated guided vehicles that can travel freely throughout the mansion, receiving directional instruction via radio-frequency identification technology in the floor and Wi-Fi."

This is exactly how Kong works except the vehicles are SO large they cannot go wandering all over the place. So if you think that Kong has a track then those attractions have tracks too, with options.

And Hunny Hunt uses an LPS system best described as a grid that the vehicles can read or mini-GPS that it uses to know where it is.

But teebin has me on ignore so someone else will have to tell him.

Reactions: SkiBum
To @Teebin ,

And Hunny Hunt uses an LPS system best described as a grid that the vehicles can read or mini-GPS that it uses to know where it is.

But teebin has me on ignore so someone else will have to tell him.

- with love @epcyclopedia

Because ignore lists can be a pesky thing