Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully it will be "early" spring like Fallon. Those June/July openings just cause problems with pushing a ride or park to open before it's ready for prime time. Open it early so there's time for plenty of softs, tests and calibration.....Universal needs to plan their construction schedules for less pressurized times of the year......Teebin did tell us in the past that it looked like the showroom type queue was set up for a virtual line experience.

Yeah, the big problem I'm seeing with this one, in comparison to something like Fallon, is that this is supposed to be a big deal for Universal and their marketing of the ride is going to piss a lot of people off. Selling one thing and delivering another. Not a good look on the heels of the Volcano Bay fiasco.

I'll bet money that by this time next year the big complaint will be that it's just like Kong and doesn't even go fast. Just wait.

Yeah, the big problem I'm seeing with this one, in comparison to something like Fallon, is that this is supposed to be a big deal for Universal and their marketing of the ride is going to piss a lot of people off. Selling one thing and delivering another. Not a good look on the heels of the Volcano Bay fiasco.

I'll bet money that by this time next year the big complaint will be that it's just like Kong and doesn't even go fast. Just wait.
That is fine with me. It will be like Disaster, a once in a long while ride that eats other people not affecting my park experience one bit.

But again, it's not really about you or any of us on this board, it's about the everyday guest that's going to get duped into riding a glorified tram ride thinking they're about to board Test Track 3.0. As much as it'll be nice to have the rest of the crowds mouse-trapped on this thing, it's not going to be pretty for Universal's guest services team.

Man they are setting themselves up for dissapointment with that description. "Incredible ride technology and high speed cars" is going to be taken literal by a lot of people.
Heard a rumor that you will board a virtual bus instead of standing in a queue, and the bus will transport you to ride Test Track in Epcot, thus fulfilling their high speed cars promise. ;) :lol:

I feel like fans of the movie series that are general public will be fine with the ride. They get to see a hologram of The Rock call them cookie-pusses and it'll make them happy.

Theme park nerds and snobs like us will of course be disappointed the ride will not feature actual cars or actual speed. But I look forward to Mario Kart one day. This ride was never going to appeal to me anyway.

I am looking forward to the virtual queue lobby. I think the concept of a garage filled with cool cars is a nice way to spend time waiting.

Fast-Furious-rendering.jpg

Man they are setting themselves up for dissapointment with that description. "Incredible ride technology and high speed cars" is going to be taken literal by a lot of people.

Yep. Unless something dramatic has changed, they are massively overselling it with just those few phrases.
It's going to be very bad PR for them for sure...A good amount of people are already convinced this is a coaster...Universal's words have confirmed that in people's heads...

I could potentially see Nintendo under-preforming because of the amalgamation of VB blunders, Kong, and Supercharged...I certainly hope that dosen't happen, but they aren't making it easy on themselves by hyping and debuting a ride like Supercharged

When @Andy i guess teased it on Twitter two months back, I said that I'm more or less conflicted about it.

Does the attraction need it? If it's going to have a system similar to Kong, no. I am curious to see how this will work, and that I'll give it an open mind for now.

I could potentially see Nintendo under-preforming because of the amalgamation of VB blunders, Kong, and Supercharged...I certainly hope that dosen't happen, but they aren't making it easy on themselves by hyping and debuting a ride like Supercharged
If Nintendo has good rides, word will spread fast.

Just look at Flight of Passage. General public's excitement for Pandora went from DOA to over the top within a week of previews.

While it's true that word of mouth is the most powerful tool in advertising, there is something to say about marketing something HARD and having a good project to stand behind once it's revealed to the public. Potter was a great example of this, as was Transformers to an extent. These last few projects have been complete duds for Universal and this one is going to be no different. Nintendo will have to be the difference maker here.

That description is really overselling unless they made big changes from UOH.

I really like the idea of seeing props and the cars in the queue, but virtual? I feel like this is a ride they should make me stand in a queue so I won't leave. :lol:

So, I wonder how they are adjusting those sections of the building that were previously earmarked for queue lines. It will be interesting to see how that may alter or add to the attraction.

"MOVE TO THE NEXT ROOM, STINK PICKLE!"
Lol, haven't seen any of the movies (not my cup of tea), but am aware of the stink pickle thing as I heard it referenced here before. However, I'm thinking, if the story is that we are just bystanders on a bus caught in the middle of it all, then would it not make more sense to use that for the queue? Or perhaps the queue will be in two parts, the first part with the cars is where you are are held first, then you get your bus ticket and move to the second queue where you are waiting to be called to board your bus?

So, I wonder how they are adjusting those sections of the building that were previously earmarked for queue lines. It will be interesting to see how that may alter or add to the attraction.
I think Supercharged was always intended to utilize a Virtual Line. The concept art I posted above was released around the same time as Fallon's; well over a year ago, and does not show any queue (if you look close.)

Reactions: Quint and Ash
I think Supercharged was always intended to utilize a Virtual Line. The concept art I posted above was released around the same time as Fallon's; well over a year ago, and does not show any queue (if you look close.)
Yes, I'm aware of that showroom area. Teeben speculated that early. But I'm referring to the all of those adjacent areas along the side of the buildings whose early drawings had queues running through them.