Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes. I can live with one 360 screen attraction in each park (Studio & IOA), since it's really the best 3D I've ever experienced. I just hope they improve on the non 360 scenes and experiences since those were what really seem to have made the F&F at Hollywood fairly weak. If F&F gets plussed as much as Reign of Kong did (extra experiences and better 360 definition), it could be OK. Not great, but OK....The future attractions are going to be a different emphasis, as Alexshow says, so the screen debate is really moot...And, none of that seems to have dissuaded the general public. Universals revenue & attendance increases have been through the roof since 2010. The GP often has quite different views than theme park enthusiasts.

About a month ago, out of boredom; me and a family member talked about the Studio Tour. It was her first time on for years, and that she believes that Kong 360 was something she never saw before. And once we got onto Supercharged, while she liked the character interaction; the experience overall was subpar, as it was already used.

As separate attractions? Things can go different, as it may be a personal choice of what comes first. Kong, or Fast and Furious? I found Supercharged at Hollywood to be rather fun, but I am a fan of Fast and Furious and anything is better than freaking gasolina; but I do think it has a lot of weaknesses. Weaknesses that, with this attraction; could be ammended as you will have more time to properly develop your experience with the virtual queues.

Now, do I think it'll be great for Orlando? No, but I do think that there are quite a bit of positives, and that in the end of the day; this is just as much of a comparison to what Spider-Man and Transformers was.

Reactions: Mad Dog
About a month ago, out of boredom; me and a family member talked about the Studio Tour. It was her first time on for years, and that she believes that Kong 360 was something she never saw before. And once we got onto Supercharged, while she liked the character interaction; the experience overall was subpar, as it was already used.

As separate attractions? Things can go different, as it may be a personal choice of what comes first. Kong, or Fast and Furious? I found Supercharged at Hollywood to be rather fun, but I am a fan of Fast and Furious and anything is better than freaking gasolina; but I do think it has a lot of weaknesses. Weaknesses that, with this attraction; could be ammended as you will have more time to properly develop your experience with the virtual queues.

Now, do I think it'll be great for Orlando? No, but I do think that there are quite a bit of positives, and that in the end of the day; this is just as much of a comparison to what Spider-Man and Transformers was.
I was thinking the other day...Say we got our perfect fast moving coaster for this...It would compete with Mummy and Gringotts...Say we got a scoope type vehicle...It would compete with Transformers...A basic simulator would compete with Fallon and Simpsons....So in a way, F&F is unique to the Studios in a way

Oh gawd, I'm supporting F&F Supercharged

Honestly, I think the dancing cars fit better on the studio tour than Supercharged- yeah Supercharged is a far better overall attraction, but you already have Kong 360 3D, so like you said above Supercharged loses it's wow factor. The dancing cars were cool because it was like nothing else on the tour, and it had explosions!

I was thinking the other day...Say we got our perfect fast moving coaster for this...It would compete with Mummy and Gringotts...Say we got a scoope type vehicle...It would compete with Transformers...A basic simulator would compete with Fallon and Simpsons....So in a way, F&F is unique to the Studios in a way

Oh gawd, I'm supporting F&F Supercharged

They could have went for a different option from a coaster or Scoop type vehicle. They could have went for a Test Track type ride. The fact that it's an IP based on cars and we won't even be inside a car should be a crime.

My biggest fear with this looking at the Hollywood version is the bad acting and even worse CGI:

Reactions: JPRA513
They could have went for a different option from a coaster or Scoop type vehicle. They could have went for a Test Track type ride. The fact that it's an IP based on cars and we won't even be inside a car should be a crime.

My biggest fear with this looking at the Hollywood version is the bad acting and even worse CGI:
Could they have? I thought the Test Track technology was patented

I'm with you on the CGI, I only watched it once but they look like cartoon characters. Could they make a real film? Would they spend the money?

I'm with you on the CGI, I only watched it once but they look like cartoon characters. Could they make a real film? Would they spend the money?

It's also the scale that's way off. Vin Diesel is the same size as a helicopter in.

I think new footage is being shot, I think Michelle Rodriguez was the first to let slip that this ride was coming to Orlando.

Whether it's just additional footage or everything is completely new is anybody's guess just now.

Honestly, I think the dancing cars fit better on the studio tour than Supercharged- yeah Supercharged is a far better overall attraction, but you already have Kong 360 3D, so like you said above Supercharged loses it's wow factor. The dancing cars were cool because it was like nothing else on the tour, and it had explosions!

I find Extreme Close-Up a waste of what they could've done with Fast and Furious, and even with the limits of the studio tour; the 360 portion of Supercharged was still something that family member liked.

That said, Jaws and Earthquake has live fire used, so that argument may be invalid to me.

As for Orlando's version, I really do hope the story gets altered or is incorporated along with the Virtual Queue.

Funny thing is the Fallon ride goes to the Moon and looks more realistic and believable.

I have to wonder if they will go with ILM on the visuals for the updates that will come for Supercharged due to location.

Edit: Looked into who was involved with Supercharged on visual effects, and MPC was involved with the efforts; as they have contributed to the efforts from their London firm.

Last edited:
It's also the scale that's way off. Vin Diesel is the same size as a helicopter in.

I think new footage is being shot, I think Michelle Rodriguez was the first to let slip that this ride was coming to Orlando.

Whether it's just additional footage or everything is completely new is anybody's guess just now.
Didn't someone clarify that was a drone & not a helicopter, thus the size was OK, or am I remembering that past post wrong?

Didn't someone clarify that was a drone & not a helicopter, thus the size was OK, or am I remembering that past post wrong?

That does ring a bell. Looking back at it again, it doesn't look like it has a cockpit.

That being said, that's a minor issue compared to everything else.

I watched that on ride footage that was posted above from Hollywood. Yikes. Can't say I'm looking forward to this. I think Universal missed the boat on not putting Kong here and doing a JP expansion in IOA. They probably couldn't do the Skull Island theme and Kong doesn't exactly fit into SF but I'm sure they could've made it work

I watched that on ride footage that was posted above from Hollywood. Yikes. Can't say I'm looking forward to this. I think Universal missed the boat on not putting Kong here and doing a JP expansion in IOA. They probably couldn't do the Skull Island theme and Kong doesn't exactly fit into SF but I'm sure they could've made it work

Well, if you want to get technical, Kong is more synonymous with New York than San Francisco or Los Angeles. Same way you identify the Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Spider-Man with New York as well. As once said, there isn't any more space for USF to create a major Kong-themed attraction and even if Kong was to be put at USF, it would have done exactly like the Reign of Skull Island attraction at IOA. SNW is rumored to take over Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone at USF since the Walls near the ET Adventure attraction is already up so that says it all.