Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal got burnt with the Hogsmeade announcement. Killed a year or so of attendance. And, though Diagon Alley didn't cause much hurt since Transformers & new Springfield propped up attendance, they did have a soft spring in the couple of months before Diagon opened. No need to hurry announcements. A little announcement here & there goes a long way. It's like a good Stripper. A slow strip tease is more enticing than taking all the clothes off at once. :):thumbsup:
Mad Dog...man I love your posts!

Reactions: Mad Dog
2 things:
1) Disney has historically announced very early. Look at Avatar. Bay Lake Tower was the anomaly.
Universal has historically announced very late, sometimes during construction. Nintendo was the anomaly.
2) This also likely exemplifies the state of limbo that universal is in. I’m having trouble believing a single rumor simply because they don’t even know how much land they’ll have for their master plan. It’s all in flux right now and I don’t believe, outside of minor things and Potter- things that wouldn’t change anything regardless of park 4- they aren’t deciding on.

Oddly enough- I’m opposite of @fryoj ans @scott_walker I’m activating my WDW season passes in December and going 3 more times throughout 2018. I have zero desire to be there when Star Wars opens and want to hit it late 2020 instead. For 2019 I’m doing several international trips with the family including TDL/TDS- so will get my fill that way instead.

All of which are unannounced outside of adventura, a direct mention of VB expansion (that ended up not happening) and the new night time show.
That’s the original point- that they wish stuff would be announced by universal. Rumors die on the vine significantly more than they come to fruition.

the-night-is-darkest-just-before-dawn_orig.gif

Reactions: Disneyhead
Oddly enough- I’m opposite of @fryoj ans @scott_walker I’m activating my WDW season passes in December and going 3 more times throughout 2018. I have zero desire to be there when Star Wars opens and want to hit it late 2020 instead. For 2019 I’m doing several international trips with the family including TDL/TDS- so will get my fill that way instead.

Out of curiosity, how far do you live from Orlando? I'm about 1000 miles away, and of course @scott_walker is a lot farther away. In my case, trips to Orlando are, at best, a once a year thing. And really, it's a once every few year thing. When that's the case, you plan them out well in advance and if theres something coming you definitely want to see(HP and SW) it will change your plans.

I do sorta get what you are saying about avoiding SW's opening though. I'm really not sure if I want to go at Christmas 2019. Crowds may very well be at their highest levels ever.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
What an awesome superimposition shot! They need to bring that one back, looks great.

There is a similar photo with the same effect and the space shuttle over the BTTF building. I’m amazed they turned out so well with no digital preview and a crappy viewfinder that was often inaccurate.

We’re living in a world now of snapchat filters to ever see these make a return.

Reactions: Joel and Coasted
Universal is not in a state of limbo right now. Just because they haven't told you what their plan is doesn't mean they don't have a plan. And that plan involves 30+ attractions over the next 10 years. 2018 is going to be the lame year in Orlando. Then things get interesting.

So they know how the continuing mediation with Stan Thomas is going to unfold? They know where the entrance and parking lots and grand vision will be for the new park? One that could expand several hundred more acres in size... or not?

There is so much in limbo from just that Dave.

Out of curiosity, how far do you live from Orlando? I'm about 1000 miles away, and of course @scott_walker is a lot farther away. In my case, trips to Orlando are, at best, a once a year thing. And really, it's a once every few year thing. When that's the case, you plan them out well in advance and if theres something coming you definitely want to see(HP and SW) it will change your plans.

I do sorta get what you are saying about avoiding SW's opening though. I'm really not sure if I want to go at Christmas 2019. Crowds may very well be at their highest levels ever.
I’m in Dallas, so just under 1,100 Miles. But I play the credit card game quite heavily and have a few hundred thousand dollars of business expenses I burn through the cards- so flights are free.
I’m also DVC- rent about 40% of my points a year to cover maintenance costs and use the rest for the year I go with my AP (usually one year on w/ 3-4 trips and one off year).

So frequent trips are easy when hotel and flights are “free” and I’m just out the insanely overpriced and overrated Disney Food. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted
There is a similar photo with the same effect and the space shuttle over the BTTF building. I’m amazed they turned out so well with no digital preview and a crappy viewfinder that was often inaccurate.

We’re living in a world now of snapchat filters to ever see these make a return.
I remember the space shuttle one too. My favorite was always the Hollywood Hills sign over the Pantanges Theater, which surprisingly is still there... Although gets removed for Halloween Horror Nights stage and Christmas decorations each year... but somehow keeps coming back in January!

I was there '96/97 and got Pantages theatre one (oops thought was skyscrapers too - long time ago) and the (Jaws to) BTTF Space Shuttle. Returned after twenty years and told Pantages still there, but temporarily removed a whole week(!) ahead of a Grad Bash - darn - hoped to get timeless photo of daughter - also was told Space Shuttle permanently gone due to Simpsons! Is Pantages the only one left??

Reactions: Scott W.
So they know how the continuing mediation with Stan Thomas is going to unfold? They know where the entrance and parking lots and grand vision will be for the new park? One that could expand several hundred more acres in size... or not?

There is so much in limbo from just that Dave.

I’m in Dallas, so just under 1,100 Miles. But I play the credit card game quite heavily and have a few hundred thousand dollars of business expenses I burn through the cards- so flights are free.
I’m also DVC- rent about 40% of my points a year to cover maintenance costs and use the rest for the year I go with my AP (usually one year on w/ 3-4 trips and one off year).

So frequent trips are easy when hotel and flights are “free” and I’m just out the insanely overpriced and overrated Disney Food. ;)
They already own enough to start moving forward with phase one.

Being not of the Florida region, It's hard for me to understand why so many on these forums are always "the sky is falling" over the "use of screens"

I live close to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Other than maybe Verbolten and maybe Darkastle there is literally nothing close to any of the rides at the studios until you get to Florida.