Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 228 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do believe this is a upgrade over what was there previously, I just hope marketing does not over-hype this. Lots of news outlet report it as "fast speed adventure".
I'm sure it will get the same fanfare as Kong...Minus the Today Show feature...So basically just a ceremony and a video for their YouTube channel

So many endless posts complaining about how terrible an attraction that hasn't even opened. Here's a thought...how about riding the attraction first before giving it a final judgement. Seems like it's impossible to please anybody on this site.

Reactions: tielo and Blaw923
So many endless posts complaining about how terrible an attraction that hasn't even opened. Here's a thought...how about riding the attraction first before giving it a final judgement. Seems like it's impossible to please anybody on this site.
I think one of the biggest issues that most people have regarding F&F is that there is very little info on exactly what is going on inside that building. I remember at this point in the Kong construction we had a list of scenes inside the ride and a fairly good idea of the experience. Without any relevant intel to go by, most are content to bash the ride presuming it will not be too unlike the USH version. I'm hoping they have plussed the experience, like Kong, to make it more enjoyable, so we will hopefully see the results soon enough.

Kong's grand opening festivities were delayed and cut back due to the Pulse tragedy. I'm guessing they'll do a grand opening of this along the lines of the Transformers grand opening, which was pretty epic. This is a big time popular IP that will drive attendance even if it's not a great attraction. When F&F opened at Hollywood it actually created a pretty big bump in attendance for a number of months, or at least until people realized it wasn't all that great. Hopefully this gets plussed like Kong did for Orlando.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eckert and Coasted
There are some positives about this version over Hollywood.

-Virtual Queue should be a plus and at least people won't have to physically wait in line for this thing.
-Seemingly no 3D. That's a big plus in a park already overflowing with it.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything as far as the ride goes to get excited about though. I guess we can hope the CGI is better this time around, but they've already shown a ride trailer with the crap CGI from the USH version, so i'm not hopeful.
Not having 3d is absolutely not automatically better. This type of ride is better suited for 3d even if you are not a fan. Universal should not be making decisions based on "we don't want to look like having too many 3d ones" . They could definitely give people a 2d glasses option though.

Not having 3d is absolutely not automatically better. This type of ride is better suited for 3d even if you are not a fan. Universal should not be making decisions based on "we don't want to look like having too many 3d ones" . They could definitely give people a 2d glasses option though.
This type of a ride is better off not existing, but here we are.

Well, from what we know there is a Musion scene in the ride, which is basically just a piece of reflected glass...And the 360 scene doesn't necessarily need glasses to simulate motion...I think it can work just fine

Reactions: Ashhanbre
You don't think the Today show will come down? They seem to love coming down every chance they can get lately.

Honestly going to say this, I am betting the opening date will be announced with that commercial Universal was filming with Jordan Vogt-Robert, and that it'll be announced on Super Bowl. After that, I would suspect this will get a sweepstakes, similar to Kong/Volcano Bay when they were announced of sweepstakes, and that Today Show will promote it, but not be there in person.

Reactions: Nick
A d-ticket attraction is replacing another d-ticket attraction. Universal may some have surprises planned they may not (better motion base). At the end of the day, at least they aren't reducing capacity.

Also the film has two new characters and a different location. I don't get how everyone saying it will be the exact same ride when it may have a completely different motion profile resulting in a different experience.

A d-ticket attraction is replacing another d-ticket attraction. Universal may some have surprises planned they may not (better motion base). At the end of the day, at least they aren't reducing capacity.

Also the film has two new characters and a different location. I don't get how everyone saying it will be the exact same ride when it may have a completely different motion profile resulting in a different experience.
I dont think people are complaining that the ride details will be the same, its more that the ride system is the same. Its Kong with a FF overlay, obviously with different motions, pre-shows, ect, but overall same ride per se.

Reactions: belloq87
I dont think people are complaining that the ride details will be the same, its more that the ride system is the same. Its Kong with a FF overlay, obviously with different motions, pre-shows, ect, but overall same ride per se.
That's what you do after you drop a load on R&D for a ride system.

Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, Nemo, SSE, Buzz, Pan, Horizons, World of Motion.

IASW, PotC, Rio de Tempo, Maelstrom, NRJ.

Star Tours, Body Wars, Iron Man.

Spider-man, Transformers.

Kong, FF:SC.

The trick is to change it up enough that it doesn't feel like the same ride. PotC and IASW do that the best. Spider-man and Transformers the worst (reasons).

Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, Nemo, SSE, Buzz, Pan, Horizons, World of Motion.

The trick is to change it up enough that it doesn't feel like the same ride. PotC and IASW do that the best. Spider-man and Transformers the worst (reasons).
NRJ is actually slightly out of the category you placed it in and into the category that only includes PotC: Battle for Sunken Treasure. Not that NRJ is anywhere near that level, but it uses the same omni-mover boat ride system that PotC Shanghai does. That was a completely new Boat ride technology that they created.

Reactions: Disneyhead
NRJ is actually slightly out of the category you placed it in and into the category that only includes PotC: Battle for Sunken Treasure. Not that NRJ is anywhere near that level, but it uses the same omni-mover boat ride system that PotC Shanghai does. That was a completely new Boat ride technology that they created.
NRJ apparently uses a dumbed down version of the ride though. Doesn’t the Pirates ride have the ability to change its viewing direction while keeping the motion direction?

Reactions: Coasted
If its 60fps video, like Kong, the illusion of motion will still be there. But nothing will fly off the screen

The other example, which really shows how you can change things up would be Dinosaur and Indy. Those even have the exact same ride path, but very different elements to create a unique experience.