Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

The trick is to change it up enough that it doesn't feel like the same ride.

Which is so much easier to do when your ride primarily involves taking guests through a real, detailed, physical environment. Creating a distinct mood and atmosphere in three-dimensional space, even if the ride system is the same/similar, isn't as difficult (conceptually, not in execution) as it might be if the bulk of your attraction is just ride film footage.

Out of pure curiosity, I'm surprised that it's gone quiet on TM previews for F&F. I am interested to see when that happens, as it could be a good indicator for how far we are looking till softs begin for the attraction.

NRJ is actually slightly out of the category you placed it in and into the category that only includes PotC: Battle for Sunken Treasure. Not that NRJ is anywhere near that level, but it uses the same omni-mover boat ride system that PotC Shanghai does. That was a completely new Boat ride technology that they created.

It actually didn’t end up using that new ride tech in the end. The boats are under the power of current only, there isn’t the ability to carefully orchestrate scene lengths, speeds, positioning etc.

It actually didn’t end up using that new ride tech in the end. The boats are under the power of current only, there isn’t the ability to carefully orchestrate scene lengths, speeds, positioning etc.
If the boats are moving by current only, then why did I get stuck on the ride a few months ago right in front of the Viperwolf with no boats in front of us? It was very odd.

EDIT: I didn't even realize this was the F&F thread. Let's get back to topic please.

How much dose the build your own car cost I asked earlier but know on answered?

Sorry I missed your question earlier. The price depends on how much you want to put on it. A plain base car starts around 15 dollars (includes wheels and one sound), then it goes up from there depending on how you want to customize it. You can purchase stickers, mufflers, rims, other sounds, etc. The prices can get really expensive if you add remote control, which is another 25 dollars on top of whatever you build. Its sorta like Build-A-Bear....but with cars.

Sorry I missed your question earlier. The price depends on how much you want to put on it. A plain base car starts around 15 dollars (includes wheels and one sound), then it goes up from there depending on how you want to customize it. You can purchase stickers, mufflers, rims, other sounds, etc. The prices can get really expensive if you add remote control, which is another 25 dollars on top of whatever you build. Its sorta like Build-A-Bear....but with cars.
are they bigger then hot wheels cars?

So, two preshows before the bus?

Also, another new piece of concept art, somewhere in the virtual line maybe?
View attachment 5919

Wrote about it this morning, you can read it here if you want. Basically looks like it's the first scene of the ride. The other 2 pre-shows were also both given titles to them, and the scene that is apart of the ride is called Iconic Cars.

Wrote about it this morning, you can read it here if you want. Basically looks like it's the first scene of the ride. The other 2 pre-shows were also both given titles to them, and the scene that is apart of the ride is called Iconic Cars.
Cool! Even if it's just a small set with a couple cars in it, at least we get one extra "scene" before the musion scenes. Anything to make the attraction feel longer I'm for. And turning the corner down an alley and entering the garage where we see the characters is a good start to the ride.

EDIT: Oh I see the party lights through the windows and the big open garage door on the right now.