Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 277 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not all projects. Just the USF projects. But I don't believe that to be the case. Even if F&F opened today, I wouldn't expect the next closure until late August. Now which will it be? Shrek or Fear Factor?

Exactly, it's never going to be as easy as opening and closing a ride. When something new opens, there's always going to be boost in attendance which needs time to dissipate, plus with this opening before summer, they'll want as much capacity as possible.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Not all projects. Just the USF projects. But I don't believe that to be the case. Even if F&F opened today, I wouldn't expect the next closure until late August. Now which will it be? Shrek or Fear Factor?
just some observations on the Shrek v. FF thing 1. Shrek has more pull than FF, but Shrek’s pull is pretty easily overlapping with DM. 2. In regards to attraction type, FF is one of two live sit down shows in USF (and the other is on the chopping block, while there is pretty much the same exact ride across from Shrek. 3. Park flow: Shrek is in a hugely crowded area and would barely be noticed if removed, while FF is in a secluded corner of the park that ALREADY feels empty even without the shows inevitable closure.

Park flow: Shrek is in a hugely crowded area and would barely be noticed if removed, while FF is in a secluded corner of the park that ALREADY feels empty even without the shows inevitable closure.
Shrek had 40 minute waits the other day. I know we’re in a peak season, but we’re headed for summer crowds as well too.

Shrek does need to go no doubt, but it makes much more sense to me to do MoM since FF is pretty useless and as you said is in a remote section of the park. It’s replacement would also be a big draw.

They need to wait at minimum until the T2 replacement opens to close Shrek imo.

Soooo, supposedly the issue with F&F is that the computer program is occasionally crashing :faint:causing the 360 screen to go out. Not a vehicle problem this time....Where's those computer nerds when you need them?
That’s kind of fascinating.

I would think that Kong, the FF in Hollywood and basically every 360 tunnel ever built runs the same software. They clearly got it to work on all of those.

Reactions: tankart150
If KZ is staying open for the forseeable future, then they should drop both of those attractions immediately.
FF could’ve shut down after B&T and had no discernable difference on the park. Why it’s still operating, I have no idea- the faster they get that open the faster they can replace another attraction.

As for Shrek- that still gets crowds- and the construction will be felt pretty heavily based on its location. DM lines will be even worse, And that area of the park will be more of a cluster F then it already is.
But you have to pull that band-aid off eventually- it won’t fix itself.

Again- both of those should have closed the second they knew KZ wasn’t closing. Unless it is closing...

I know which one it will be for IOA. :lol:

:eek:ut:
IoA sounds like it will be an add- not a replacement, correct? (Or at least replacing a tiny M&G area)

If so- that’s exactly what IoA could use.

Can you imagine riding this when all the sudden the screens all turn blue, and all you hear is the Windows shutdown noise?
I had a pretty interesting Kong evac when it was still newer. Was in the 2nd screen room- watched the worms get shot. Then, instead of moving forward- we stayed in that room. Heard all of the 360 room and kong jumping on RV, dinosaurs, etc- all from our truck.
Then, after that scene, we moved into the 360 room. Which was all white with no video and got to hear the scene all over again- but this time, not the truck audio- just the quieter external audio.
Then evac.

Definitely a computer issue.