Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 340 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why is he comparing this to the Gasolina dancing cars and Lights, Motors, Action? Is he dense? The obvious comparison to a physical ride would be something like Test Track, Radiator Springs Racers, or even the Backlot Stunt Coaster. Sounds like he's equally as devoid of ideas as for this property and the space as Universal Creative was.

I've been doing a lot of comparisons between the Hollywood version and this one. I've concluded that the Orlando version is better because you actually have the option not to ride it.

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B0-%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%B2-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-1741501.gif

Why is he comparing this to the Gasolina dancing cars and Lights, Motors, Action? Is he dense? The obvious comparison to a physical ride would be something like Test Track, Radiator Springs Racers, or even the Backlot Stunt Coaster. Sounds like he's equally as devoid of ideas as for this property and the space as Universal Creative was.

It's almost like he was deliberately choosing poor alternative examples in order to make the final product look better in comparison.

I heard someone mention Backlot Stunt Coaster and it's honestly sad we couldn't get a better themed version of that. Back when backlot stunt coaster was themed to Italian Job, Paramount at least made the ride system feel appropriate to the brand. These buses going slow as hell feels so out of place for the Fast and Furious Brand

Also, has anyone been able to figure out why the height requirement for this is 40" when Kong is 36" and the Studio Tour in Hollywood has none?

Also, has anyone been able to figure out why the height requirement for this is 40" when Kong is 36" and the Studio Tour in Hollywood has none?

Probably because of the complete lack of need for a 'party scene' with women wearing barely any clothing....

You know because that's such an important part of the story they needed to include :thud:

Why is Fast & Furious: Supercharged A Dumpster Fire? - Theme Park University

What a great article. Nails it on the head.

I have a friend inside the Universal marketing department and this really is a sh*tstorm behind the close doors. Trying to analysis the reaction to

this attraction.

Bet you they are happy people are seeing roller coaster supports going up over in Hogsmede =)

Which is funny because I think that article is the actual burning trash bin featured on the top of the article. It's a useless article that doesn't actually say anything and tries to play the click bait/Betteridge's Law trope. It's why I like Seth's article and can't stand TPU's output recently. Seriously, "same ride system" arguments just don't hold up in application.

Want to talk about the actual issues and not dance around them saying nothing? Here we go:
  • Writing is atrocious.
  • Plot is nowhere till you board the ride, nothing in the queue lines up with the ride.
  • A fundamental misunderstanding of what makes the movies fun, interesting, and engaging to the audience
  • Terrible animation and direction of the 360* scene.
I believe there is a way to do a mixed media F&F ride with a large ride vehicle that can't move quickly. But it requires a creative team that wants to rebuild the 360* around a new narrative and not just copy/paste work already done.

Open up Websters and under "polishing a turd" will be F&FS. The amount of money spent on the scenic design alone is staggering and totally baffling based on what it is built up around.

I don't always agree with anyone in reviews but Niles saying that this had to be a motion platform screen based simulator is absolutely false. As said, that is something not even industry people would say as there are always many ideas on the table and things can have many different types of execution.
If that were the case than Earthquake nearly 30 years ago would have to be a motion Simulator with a film surrounding you because there is no way to make it look like a physical subway station with things crashing around.

This attraction is what it is. A very low budget shoehorned situation of a clone, the issue is, its flaws are rushed and enough that it shows through the execution. It is the Empire of the Penguin of Universal Orlando. It tries to appeal as a family attraction but Earthquake and Jaws were more family friendly. Much like Antartica, very little thought would be given to how young riders with older ones would be able to enjoy it as it is a 40 inch height requirement(Antartica is 42 to enjoy the further motion on the "wild ride) and there is near zero visibility to the action that occurs. On Fast it is on the ride side of the vehicle for 3 minutes before departing into the screens. Complete with language in that near three minute moment like "cookie puss" and "pissed off" and a penis size innuendo. All crammed into three minutes of this "family" attraction. I am not trying to be prudent but it is definitely not the family level of thrill some are claiming to be and tries to target the bad dialogue featured in the films.
Other technical issues are beyond embarrassing for a theme park attraction of this caliber. The already four year old CGI in the main scene of the attraction and the bad voice dub over the FBI agent in the three minute musion scene is so rough even first riders notice.

Even with its eerie atmosphere and intensity, Kong is not only a superior technical experience, but a superior family experience for most as it has a lower height restriction and language and content that is going to be off putting. If accessibility was the goal, it should have had the lowest height restriction in the park or not be based on Fast and the Furious. Truthfully, you can make a good ride out of anything, but when riders of this could go on Transofrmers, Spiderman, Despicable Me, Kong or ET as their choices for family thrills, I don't think this one is ever going to cut it.
That doesn’t scream family to you?

Thank you both. That sums up my thoughts perfectly. Somehow, 40 inch height requirement, low scenery excitement and seeing scantily cladded club party, hearing cookie puss, penis innuendo and "pissed off shaw."

I am no prude, but it is not exactly family class. Horror Make Up Show is and Disaster as well as Beetlejuice were less PG-13 than what was able to combine in the "writing" for this attraction.

Which is funny because I think that article is the actual burning trash bin featured on the top of the article. It's a useless article that doesn't actually say anything and tries to play the click bait/Betteridge's Law trope. It's why I like Seth's article and can't stand TPU's output recently. Seriously, "same ride system" arguments just don't hold up in application.

Want to talk about the actual issues and not dance around them saying nothing? Here we go:
  • Writing is atrocious.
  • Plot is nowhere till you board the ride, nothing in the queue lines up with the ride.
  • A fundamental misunderstanding of what makes the movies fun, interesting, and engaging to the audience
  • Terrible animation and direction of the 360* scene.
I believe there is a way to do a mixed media F&F ride with a large ride vehicle that can't move quickly. But it requires a creative team that wants to rebuild the 360* around a new narrative and not just copy/paste work already done.

Open up Websters and under "polishing a turd" will be F&FS. The amount of money spent on the scenic design alone is staggering and totally baffling based on what it is built up around.
Good comments. And it seems to sum up what we're hearing from the more 'credible' reviewers....Of course, haven't seen it yet, but one constant troubling aspect is 'bad writing'. We're seeing that issue too often at Universal, between various shows & attractions. That seems like it's a problem that should be solved at minimal expense. Is it just a few writers involved, or is it a bigger problem involving more layers at UC.

Man, I can’t wait to experience this atrocity in person. It sounds like the worst theme park attraction of all time.