Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 338 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A crap ton of people who frequnet Orlando are from the Northeast. I doubt any region in the country routinely makes 14+hour drives to go on vacation in such volume. We are addicted. I wish I knew what percentage of attendance it actually was. The Sunday I was there people we're constantly asking about the eagles game I was streaming in line.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Yes, you're probably close to the truth. One reason I disregard all those quasi half baked social media reviews of POV's from people that never ride the rides.

I think these are two different comparisons. Mission Breakout had a ton of hate because it was replacing Tower of Terror and the ride more than proved itself.

F&F doesn’t seem to add more to experience than watching the POV. Without haven ridden the ride, I get the impression that watching a POV of the ride on my phone while sitting on a washing machine for that bumping about effect and smoking a cigarette for the blasts of smoke in my face would be a similar experience.

When they opened Transformers and Fallon I remember they had a whole event for both that looked pretty awesome. It's a shame that not only is the ride a disappointment, but now the general public can't even see some of the actors or actresses up close... #Fail

When they opened Transformers and Fallon I remember they had a whole event for both that looked pretty awesome. It's a shame that not only is the ride a disappointment, but now the general public can't even see some of the actors or actresses up close... #Fail

That’s the purpose of tomorrow morning...
The Today show and all that jazz.

At least the media doesn't have to be there at 5am this time like they did with Kong's opening.

Universal is had time to get plenty of feedback through multiple sources on this ride. I am curious what their reaction is. Do they feel it's something people will warm up to or acknowledge they made a mistake?

Does Universal Creative feel like they dropped the ball on this ride or do they feel they did the best they could under the constraints they were put under by higher up?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Universal is had time to get plenty of feedback through multiple sources on this ride. I am curious what their reaction is. Do they feel it's something people will warm up to or acknowledge they made a mistake?

Does Universal Creative feel like they dropped the ball on this ride or do they feel they did the best they could under the constraints they were put under by higher up?

I think they knew it was going to suck but were too invested to stop and needed a new ride for 2018. I’d even have a hunch that F&F is what has lead to the speedy development of the USF lagoon show.

They can try and fix it but it it will only draw more attention to it. Their best course of action is to take it on the chin and continue on as planned. They know they have great things coming and in a year this will be nothing more than a bad memory. If you think about all the rumours for UOR, if even a fraction of that happens over the next 3 years, who cares about this blip.

I think they knew it was going to suck but were too invested to stop and needed a new ride for 2018. I’d even have a hunch that F&F is what has lead to the speedy development of the USF lagoon show.

They can try and fix it but it it will only draw more attention to it. Their best course of action is to take it on the chin and continue on as planned. They know they have great things coming and in a year this will be nothing more than a bad memory. If you think about all the rumours for UOR, if even a fraction of that happens over the next 3 years, who cares about this blip.
As others have said it sounds like one of those things that will bounce around the echo chamber until there is something better to talk about. After all, how long do we really want to talk about this ride?

As others have said it sounds like one of those things that will bounce around the echo chamber until there is something better to talk about. After all, how long do we really want to talk about this ride?

Exactly. I've only been here for a few rides opening but once the initial reviews are in, conversation dies quickly. You'll get the monthly review from members as they try it but that's about it.

They have the media event tonight and I think that's the last big thing for this ride. It will get brought up in the future as a comparison to any bad ride and that's it until Universal decide to replace it.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
If I was Universal, I'd do a newer film, improve the visuals, add 3D and call it a new storyline and a new name, like "NITRO EDITION" or "TWIN-CHARGED" (That's what they call Turbo and Supercharged engines) or some other silly name........while they also announce several other new things, so it's just an "add-on".

Reactions: SpatulaShack

I recall a private conversation that I had over a year ago with one of the major insiders here. He said that the UC people he knew were demoralized over having to work on F&F, and that they knew it was going to be a sub standard attraction, but they were doing the best they could under the circumstances........Myself, I was hoping they would upgrade and plus the 360 scene like they did with Kong, but it sounds like only a couple superficial changes were made from the ride reviews we've received.....and on the subject of 3D. It may be apples & oranges since it's different film, but once I took my 3D glasses off while viewing Kong and it was barely viewable without 3D.

I recall a private conversation that I had over a year ago with one of the major insiders here. He said that the UC people he knew were demoralized over having to work on F&F, and that they knew it was going to be a sub standard attraction, but they were doing the best they could under the circumstances........Myself, I was hoping they would upgrade and plus the 360 scene like they did with Kong, but it sounds like only a couple superficial changes were made from the ride reviews we've received.....and on the subject of 3D. It may be apples & oranges since it's different film, but once I took my 3D glasses off while viewing Kong and it was barely viewable without 3D.
That is genuinely sad to hear. I wonder how the current cast members on the ride feel?