Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 354 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I understood it... dolby 3d is nothing more than filters through which any projector projects. The dolby glasses in turn interprets the filtered projection to each eye. I have never heard of Universal using anything other than Christie projectors.

Dolby 3D doesn’t work with laser projectors. Hybrids are either active shutter or polarized. 6P laser projectors use a variation of the technique, but do not use exactly the same glasses as Xenon-based Dolby 3D.

From Dolby itself....

DOLBY 3D FOR LASER PROJECTION

Dolby 3D uses advanced color--sseparation technology to deliver

a superior 3D experience for next--ggeneration laser projection.. It

delivers high light effciency,, crisp images,, and vibrant colors to

provide a superior 3D viewing experience for audiences.. Dolby

3D glasses for laser projection are optimized for each projector..

Please contact your laser--pprojector manufacturer for ordering

information for compatible Dolby 3D glasse

From Dolby itself....

I believe the newest laser projectors can do Dolby 3D through color correction without filters. And you can still buy the dichroic filters (without the Dolby branding) for use with any type of projector.
3D Viewing Systems and 3D Glasses | Omega Optical

From Dolby itself....

Pretty sure this is the 6P system, which uses two sets of 3 lasers to generate the different wavelengths of the two different eyes. This is not compatible with the old Dolby 3D glasses.

I believe the newest laser projectors can do Dolby 3D through color correction without filters. And you can still buy the dichroic filters (without the Dolby branding) for use with any type of projector.
3D Viewing Systems and 3D Glasses | Omega Optical

6P laser projectors do not use filters for 3D.

Laser phosphor systems don’t have the same spectrum of light that xenon does. The same filters aren’t nearly as efficient as a result. Dichroic filters don’t shift color, they separate narrow wavelengths with matching filters in the glasses to block the wavelengths intended for the other eye.

I’ve never used off-the-shelf filters but I can’t imagine they work all that well on ALL projectors when the light source is an unknown quantity.

Can you use them on laser phosphor anyway? I suppose but neither Christie nor Barco offer a Dolby 3D option on their cinema laser phosphor projectors that I am aware of. Could just be they just want to sell you a behemoth 6P projector.

For any who have used the virtual queue, can you hold a virtual queue time for Fallon and F&F at the same time?
Been wondering that too, but every time I have been, it said Fallon's VQ was not available. I assume this is because it was walk-on, as wait time said 5 min, but now I wonder if it might be because I was in the FF VQ.

Been wondering that too, but every time I have been, it said Fallon's VQ was not available. I assume this is because it was walk-on, as wait time said 5 min, but now I wonder if it might be because I was in the FF VQ.
Yea, they weren’t using virtual line for Fallon last few times I was there, because the line was short I assume.

I would be shocked if one of the executives came out and said, "You know, we had high expecations but the ride just stinks." They'll back it until it is closed for replacement (which means probably never).

Reactions: jtsalien
For any who have used the virtual queue, can you hold a virtual queue time for Fallon and F&F at the same time?
The stand by lines were so short for just about every time I walked past the attraction during my 10 days that there was really no reason to do virtual line. Standby was only 15 or 30 minutes, except for one 45 minute time I saw. When in Express or Virtual, you wait about the same as the people in stand by anyway. Express kind of gets screwed with the set up. Quickest way to get on the ride is to use the single rider line. Crowds were moderate for the park most of the time I was there so maybe the lines will get longer once summer season starts. Generally the queue area was empty until you get to the big truck & that stuff.

Not my review, which I'll do on the review page. Mind is a bit kinder....but for what it's worth ...here's Alenes', my significant other, reaction ( who actually likes screen rides a lot and is a pure GP since she didn't even know F&F was built)) when we were having drinks with Dave (Disneyhead) and his family at Finnegans. Dave asked Alene what she thought of the ride. Alene replied," It sucks. A complete waste of money and space. But the queue is OK"...And I really had to cajole her to ride more times so I could get repeat rides in....And she was surveyed by Universal when we left the park and gave F&F a "poor" rating.

Not my review, which I'll do on the review page. Mind is a bit kinder....but for what it's worth ...here's Alenes', my significant other, reaction ( who actually likes screen rides a lot and is a pure GP since she didn't even know F&F was built)) when we were having drinks with Dave (Disneyhead) and his family at Finnegans. Dave asked Alene what she thought of the ride. Alene replied," It sucks. A complete waste of money and space. But the queue is OK"...And I really had to cajole her to ride more times so I could get repeat rides in....And she was surveyed by Universal when we left the park and gave F&F a "poor" rating.

The more I read about this ride, the more I think that it would have worked far better as just a walkthrough attraction.

The more I read about this ride, the more I think that it would have worked far better as just a walkthrough attraction.
It's funny because originally is was supposed to replace Simpsons...Then that fell through...Then I remember people saying that they should make RRR a F&F coaster and some people argued "no they're probably saving the IP for a really good dark ride"...

I wish they just slapped the name on RRR honestly haha