Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 359 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I forgot I was in the F&F thread for a minute there, reading through the Disney vs Universal stuff. I just got back from my Universal trip and I don’t see this ride being a good addition imo. Sure it probably helps with the crowds but this ride is just not good, Kong does a much better job of using the ride system.

I’ll throw my two cents in too, I did an all WDW vacation recently and stayed on site at their deluxe resort. I did park hopper and all. I also did the same trip for Universal, stayed at Portofino and I thought the WDW trip was much better and more fun. My family thought the same. I did love Volcano Bay though. Alright sorry, just had to add that in there.

Care to elaborate on why it was much better? A Portofino stay and a deluxe Disney stay both sound like a dream! Unless F&F's opening is dropping your GSAT score.. lol

My two cents:
Nearly every ride at UOR has a counterpart at WDW that is either superior or around as good. (MIB=Buzz, Gringotts=Dinosaur, etc.)
WDW also feels insanely crowded, and half of the individual parks are pretty weak on their own. I don’t feel these problems at UOR. (Except that USF is a little weak imo)

Reactions: tankart150
Do you think Universal would ever do something like this?

tM1gHyi.jpg
Although I cant find it Universal did do something similar
(It showed Mickey's hand and ET's hand)

Last edited:
For over a year now several insiders have been banging the "it's changing" drum. They know. And this just cements those opinions at UOR and UC even more. And I don't think the only thing they've learned is "don't rely on screens".
They know.

giphy.gif

I get that they know.

My point was more that, just from a purely logistical standpoint, it’s going to probably be a long time before they can put that into effect at Universal Studios Florida in a way that begins to rebalance the park’s offerings. Unless they're planning on being really ambitious and handling Shrek, Fear Factor, and (presumably non-Nintendo) KidZone replacements all at once... which I can't imagine them doing.

I think since Comcast bought Universal the dynamics have changed. Orlando Universal & WDW Disney people may well get along with each other. People move from one company to another, and probably socialize. But the enmity between Comcast & Disney is real. There's genuine hostility there.

Reactions: tankart150
Vin Diesel is missing. Or at least his likeness is. The statue next to the car in the gift area was gone Tuesday and Wednesday when I was there.

I suppose it's possible he just walked off in embarrassment from his acting in the ride.

Image-uploaded-from-iOS-4.jpg
They put his standee in the queue so it looks like someone is actually in line for the ride.

I hate to say it but the commercial for this is one of the worst cases of false advertising ive ever seen.
some people I know are coming to Orlando to the parks and they are all under the illusion that this ride will be fast and will be thrilling... they think it will be like Gringotts but with cars and Vin Diesel..........

Also i went on facebook and some of my fb friends that wanna see the ride also think it is some kind of ride like Transformers but with drops or parts where the ride goes fast................ people seem to be under the impression that this was gonna be a mix between transformers and Gringotts.

Which makes me wonder, why didnt uni just copy Gringotts instead of Kong? Gringotts has the drop and the cars in that ride do go a little fast between screens. it is not as slow as kong.

I hate to say it but the commercial for this is one of the worst cases of false advertising ive ever seen.
some people I know are coming to Orlando to the parks and they are all under the illusion that this ride will be fast and will be thrilling... they think it will be like Gringotts but with cars and Vin Diesel..........

Also i went on facebook and some of my fb friends that wanna see the ride also think it is some kind of ride like Transformers but with drops or parts where the ride goes fast................ people seem to be under the impression that this was gonna be a mix between transformers and Gringotts.

Which makes me wonder, why didnt uni just copy Gringotts instead of Kong? Gringotts has the drop and the cars in that ride do go a little fast between screens. it is not as slow as kong.

You are so right, commercials should always tell the truth. I can't wait to be followed by huge Toy Story characters next time I go to WDW.