Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Shrek's pre-show is the best aspect of that whole attraction!

Sure. It's good some good jokes and decent enough figures.... But it has nothing to do with the show after it!! :lol:

Not saying it can't be fun. For the right people, Fast is fun. But anyone thinking that Fast is the worst product Universal has put into an Orlando park is wrong. Worst under Comcast? By all means. But people tend to forget the dark ages :lol:

Reactions: belloq87
Rode a few days ago and I thought it was good. It wasn’t amazing, but not that bad. You have to sit in row 5 or 6 , first car, and in the middle. I was laughing for a good portion just from the plot of the ride but I would ride it again for sure when I go back.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Once you've been on it once, your opinion is pretty much fully formed with this ride. It's not a ride that gets better each time you ride it, either. I actually think there's an argument to be made that it gets worse.

I'm at the point of parody with this ride that I'm actually excited to ride it now. It took over a decade for Twister to get that reputation.

I'm at the point of parody with this ride that I'm actually excited to ride it now. It took over a decade for Twister to get that reputation.
If you can laugh at it, you'll probably enjoy it. Camp comedy, mostly unintentional, for sure. Just like being able to enjoy those campy 1950's horror flicks. I kind of expected the Creature from the Black Lagoon to pop out of the drone, that everyone thinks is a helicopter. If they have to keep telling everyone it's a drone, then they didn't do a very good job conveying that. :):lol:

Last edited:
I also think Shrek is the worst "attraction" in the park. Also loved the old Hitchcock show/movie. That 2 for 2 for UOR taking classic horror out of the park. I haven't rode F&F.

Reactions: jtsalien
Superstar Limo. Stitch. OG Journey into YOUR Imagination. That Jack sparrow thing at DHS. Goosebumps show.
One of these is not like the other...

One of these wasn’t actually that bad and people just didn’t like it because it neutered a better attraction and forced in IP.

Superstar Limo. Stitch. OG Journey into YOUR Imagination. That Jack sparrow thing at DHS. Goosebumps show.

One of these is not like the other...

One of these wasn’t actually that bad and people just didn’t like it because it neutered a better attraction and forced in IP.

Disney once built an entire theme park that was as bad as F&F

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
My original point wasn't that Disney makes bad rides so Universal can too, it's a reply to "I can't remember". There are plenty on both sides (hi Creature From the Black Lagoon).

Reactions: jtsalien
I think Supercharged gets better the more times you ride it and can quote it. Short waits are great. The humor is intentional. Has anyone seen a Fast and Furious movie? The plots and dialogue are ridiculous and campy!

#FamilyForever
I'll agree on the better the more rides. Once I accepted the campiness, it wasn't so bad. But I still have to rate it on the low tier of Universal attractions. My GF though, still hated it after repeat rides. I will ride it once or twice a vacation, but I'll have to go on myself since Alene says never again. The poor quality of the 360 screen scene is my major disappointment. The ride would be better if they had Kong quality 360 scenes.

The Jack Sparrow thing was never "hated". It wasn't actually all that bad either. It's just that it always had a line because the park has no rides. If it had been in Disneyland, it would've been considered a nice diversion with little to no wait.