Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Is there anything they could replace it with without chaging too much? Obviously the garage stuff would go away, but without changing the building or the ride or the cars or anything,

Cant they put Secret Life of Pets in here or something? the videos on the ride look really bad so why not make it a cartoon ride instead?

Pets, wasn't built for a large structure like what Fast and Furious - Supercharged has.

And especially when we look at Hollywood, it's not going to be that big of an attraction to warrant putting it into a building, as they'd actually be wasting space if they did that.

I am going to throw this, don't expect anything to happen to Supercharged, until sometime after the first Phase of UOSouth opens to the public. That, along with a few other attractions, are on a long, long, long list.

I was thinking the other day, perhaps F&F is more of an appeasement to higher ups to make this happen, so as to gain permission to make certain things happen in the new park.

Like when you do nice things at work because you know you're about to ask for a huge raise...You know, cool points with the boss

I was thinking the other day, perhaps F&F is more of an appeasement to higher ups to make this happen, so as to gain permission to make certain things happen in the new park.

Like when you do nice things at work because you know you're about to ask for a huge raise...You know, cool points with the boss

I'd honestly think we should blame more of them locking Supercharged into place well before Hollywood's seemed to open, considering that Michelle Rodriguez did somewhat leak Orlando and Beijing getting F&F prior to their announcements (and yes, Beijing did get Supercharged announced for theirs this April).

To quote Ian Malcolm,

I'd honestly think we should blame more of them locking Supercharged into place well before Hollywood's seemed to open, considering that Michelle Rodriguez did somewhat leak Orlando and Beijing getting F&F prior to their announcements (and yes, Beijing did get Supercharged announced for theirs this April).

To quote Ian Malcolm,

I'd strongly guess Beijing will get a somewhat different version of F&F after this cold reception.

I'd strongly guess Beijing will get a somewhat different version of F&F after this cold reception.
I have the feeling it depends on budget issues. I could see them downgrading a potential different F&F ride to Supercharged if they run into budget overruns on Beijing.

Shanghai Disneyland ran into all kinds of budget issues

I have the feeling it depends on budget issues. I could see them downgrading a potential different F&F ride to Supercharged if they run into budget overruns on Beijing.

Shanghai Disneyland ran into all kinds of budget issues

To be fair, they doubled Beijings Budget from 3 Billion, to 6, and while a large part of that will go in construction, I have to think part of it will go for the attractions.

I really can't understand why someone approved the ride video of being in anyway decent quality, just watching the ride videos it looks awful I can only imagine what it looks like close up

I really can't understand why someone approved the ride video of being in anyway decent quality, just watching the ride videos it looks awful I can only imagine what it looks like close up
It's kind of worse in person. With the videos you can imagine there's detail you're not seeing in reality there isn't. It really is reminiscent of PS2 Grand Theft Auto.

Yes, I had no idea the 360 film was that bad until I rode the attraction. As Lieut. Law said, I can't see how that film got approved. It's amateurish, at best. If the film was the quality of Kong at Orlando, the attraction wouldn't be all that bad. It's just sadly laughable, the production values are so terrible.

I'm sure they want to use the ride film as they want to be able to use the actors in marketing. That's fine. But Beijing better have some major plussing before or after it.

Only virtual line or Express accepted to ride.
True. It happened with me today. I think they are trying to fill that buses up. Was kind of embarrassing when I got the queue and saw so much empty space. Oh! I tried to get the Virtual Line by the App and it didn't work today (around 6:30), they sent me to regular line then.

Yes, I had no idea the 360 film was that bad until I rode the attraction. As Lieut. Law said, I can't see how that film got approved. It's amateurish, at best. If the film was the quality of Kong at Orlando, the attraction wouldn't be all that bad. It's just sadly laughable, the production values are so terrible.
I'm wondering if Is there any possibility of they take advantage of the Beijing budget and create a better film for use in both versions (Beijing and Florida). That should solve part of the problem.

I'm wondering if Is there any possibility of they take advantage of the Beijing budget and create a better film for use in both versions (Beijing and Florida). That should solve part of the problem.

I don't think so. I think the F&F ride in Beijing will be fine as it will act as a C/D ticket over there and no other ride will feature the 360-degree tunnel. I think Uni knows that Orlando will only last a decade at most?

After the complaints that came through GSAT's and Universal Creative's internal reaction to the really poor reception, I would guess, fairly certainly, that they will change some things up, if not the entire concept.....They almost changed the Orlando attraction earlier but decided to stay with the original concept to take advantage of synergy with the next movie's release. I doubt they'll make that mistake again, especially since the next film will be gone by the time Beijing opens.