Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 376 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After the complaints that came through GSAT's and Universal Creative's internal reaction to the really poor reception, I would guess, fairly certainly, that they will change some things up, if not the entire concept.....They almost changed the Orlando attraction earlier but decided to stay with the original concept to take advantage of synergy with the next movie's release. I doubt they'll make that mistake again, especially since the next film will be gone by the time Beijing opens.

F&F reminds me of Muppets/ITTBAB in DCA. It's an easy, "cheap" addition that allows for creative resources to be spent on other aspects of the park.

Reactions: ReelJustice
F&F reminds me of Muppets/ITTBAB in DCA. It's an easy, "cheap" addition that allows for creative resources to be spent on other aspects of the park.
Spin worthy of a politician. :lol:.......Seriously though, I understand your point, but like UNIrd said, "I don't think it was that cheap"....I strongly think that if Universal had it to do over again, knowing how poor the reception has been , that they would have chosen a different path. So I don't see them making the same mistake a third time in Beijing..........Note: I see they've been posting stand by times for F&F again, starting yesterday. Generally been 15 minutes.

Last edited:
It's an easy, "cheap" addition that allows for creative resources to be spent on other aspects of the park.
Was it really cheap though?

I think the crazy thing about this attraction is they demolished the whole existing attraction and built a new one from the ground up. It seems like it would've been much more practical to put money into a good refurbishment of the old train and and incorporate the F&F segment into the existing ride. They replaced an attraction based on the studio tram tour with just another attraction based on the studio tram tour.

I think the crazy thing about this attraction is they demolished the whole existing attraction and built a new one from the ground up. It seems like it would've been much more practical to put money into a good refurbishment of the old train and and incorporate the F&F segment into the existing ride. They replaced an attraction based on the studio tram tour with just another attraction based on the studio tram tour.

1) “Cheap”
2) I’m talking about Beijing not USF which I was not clear about. Sorry.

Reactions: SeventyOne
There's people that enjoyed it over in USH too. I think this will suffer more negative reactions the same way Little Mermaid did in MK vs DCA. The scope of the attraction from the outside, the queue, the preshows... builds up anticipation for something much greater than it actually is. As part of the Studio Tour, it's fine... and even still reviews were pretty bad. As the seemingly big new E-ticket to follow Universal's impressive recent slate in Orlando, it's leading to greater disappointment.

I will say there was a concept for a more elaborate experience that everyone wanted. Would have demolished the whole SF area including Richters.
Unfortunately, the higher ups at Universal wanted synergy with the upcoming movie. Otherwise, if they took the extra time needed for an alternative to Hollywood, perhaps we could have had a good attraction. Hopefully, they learned a lesson from this choice and subsequent reception. Onward for future expansions and the new park, maybe now in a better light. Lessons learned from dumpster fires. Negatives can begat positives, if analyzed properly. :thumbsup::toast:

Make that 2 attractions. RIP Beetlejuice revue.

Make that 2 attractions. RIP Beetlejuice revue.
I liked Beetlejuice, I know the general public didn’t really that much. I never would’ve thought they would replace it and a pretty decent ride with something less popular than the show.

Walked through the single riders line last night with my friend and we just sat next to each other on the tram because seriously no one was in the queue. We had a great time poking fun at the PS2 graphics. :grin:
This just happened to me and my dad today. Nobody else was in the single rider line, and standby was moving fairly quickly. I couldn't believe how fast we were on the ride.

The ride is still horrible btw, but it's a trainwreck I can't look away from. After riding The Simpsons for the first time in about 18 months today, I would honestly rather ride F&F than that because of how poorly the projection quality is there.

The first version was the best, they went sort of downhill after that .

Agreed, but retooling it back into a decent people-eater with a definite cult following would have been $1000s, not millions.

I will say there was a concept for a more elaborate experience that everyone wanted. Would have demolished the whole SF area including Richters.

Do they not see the IP as evergreen? I think the movies are here to stay for at least another decade, a millennial 007. Actors will drift in and out but the franchise will last.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Agreed, but retooling it back into a decent people-eater with a definite cult following would have been $1000s, not millions.

Do they not see the IP as evergreen? I think the movies are here to stay for at least another decade, a millennial 007. Actors will drift in and out but the franchise will last.
Universal finally got the cinematic universe they didn't know they wanted