Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 414 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just got off F&F. Our bus had 5 people on it.

Admittedly it's HHNs and folks don't flock to the rides, but 5 people?
But it was a really really really good crowd of party people....or just 5 people with really really really bad tastes......Damn Dave, you must need at least a half dozen Duffs to ride that :toast:. No way you do it sober....Are Mark & Bob with you?

Reactions: Disneyhead
I'm still just salty they cut the 3D. Was the choice 3D or higher frame rate or was it just a conscious decision to reduce the number of 3D rides? I do think the high frame rate is nice so I can understand the choice a little better if it was either or.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the ride...Low ridership is normally not a good thing for rides and I feel like this has low ridership.

I hope they don't think F&F failed because of the IP - the IP certainly deserves a fast and good ride.

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes seasonal after some new stuff opens at Studios....Until then, it adds capacity to the park I guess
The ride's existence at all suggests Universal knows the power of the IP. They believed in it so much, they still decided to bring it over unchanged from the Hollywood version despite the lukewarm reception.

I think we've already heard Jurassic is the last project before all effort is shifted to EU, so even if they were considering that it won't be for a while.

I do wonder how many people a day come off saying "that was good"

Good might be a stretch, but I think enough people probably say it's fine. There's a good amount of people that are just happy it's another ride they're not scared to ride. USF has a reputation for being a very accessible park because of the screen prevalence. It's my mom's favorite park for that reason.

Last edited:
I'm still just salty they cut the 3D. Was the choice 3D or higher frame rate or was it just a conscious decision to reduce the number of 3D rides? I do think the high frame rate is nice so I can understand the choice a little better if it was either or.

The ride's existence at all suggests Universal knows the power of the IP. They believed in it so much, they still decided to bring it over unchanged from the Hollywood version despite the lukewarm reception.

I think we've already heard Jurassic is the last project before all effort is shifted to EU, so even if they were considering that it won't be for a while.

Good might be a stretch, but I think enough people probably say it's fine. There's a good amount of people that are just happy it's another ride they're not scared to ride. USF has a reputation for being a very accessible park because of the screen prevalence. It's my mom's favorite park for that reason.
To your point, I overheard an older woman talking about how she could ride rides with her grandkids because they were simulated rides and not coasters, tis interesting.

As far as the copy and paste situation, I feel UC had a better concept in mind that just wasn't approved because UO is still ran like a regional park

Reactions: Andysol
I do wonder how many people a day come off saying "that was good"

I was in the park earlier this month with a group of friends and I’d argue we are all in the ‘target age group’ for this ride (between 21-30).

I was the only one who had been on this before and mentioned nothing because I didn’t want to impair their judgement.

I can tell you out of the eight of us not one person said ‘this is good’. In fact, if I told you what every single person actually said I’d be banned for excessive language. Not one person even remotely enjoyed it.

But hey, they got two rides on it in one day - their first and last time ever.

If I’m honest the first time I rode it, I had the impression of “Eh, it isn’t that good but it’s not like a disgrace to humanity or whatever”. I feel like F&F has fallen down a slippery slope of hate. Everyone has made this ride out to be satan spawn but it’s just kinda lame and that’s about it. I wouldn’t do it again and it isn’t the big E-ticket it wanted to be but it’s not actually offensive or anything.

Like it or not, this ride is staying for the foreseeable future. It would be a lot for Universal to just waste all the money, time, advertising, and work they put in to this attraction because it didn’t turn out that good, even if it didn’t use any of those resources particularly well.

If I’m honest the first time I rode it, I had the impression of “Eh, it isn’t that good but it’s not like a disgrace to humanity or whatever”. I feel like F&F has fallen down a slippery slope of hate. Everyone has made this ride out to be satan spawn but it’s just kinda lame and that’s about it. I wouldn’t do it again and it isn’t the big E-ticket it wanted to be but it’s not actually offensive or anything.

Like it or not, this ride is staying for the foreseeable future. It would be a lot for Universal to just waste all the money, time, advertising, and work they put in to this attraction because it didn’t turn out that good, even if it didn’t use any of those resources particularly well.

I’m not so sure. They’ve probably got a high running cost for a ride that’s Barry being utilised and it’s terrible PR. If Hagrid’s hadn’t opened this year, I think it’s time would be limited.

Reactions: therock and jrn14
Sitting on this for 2 weeks, ugh ya it’s such a waste of space. I didn’t even hate it that much after riding it but I kinda do now that I’ve sat on it for 2 weeks or so haha. Is it too late to tear this one down and re-theme/re-name rip ride rocket to this?

Reactions: therock
The fact nobody at UC or the board saw this coming has led to serious questions about their ability to deliver a great none-HP project. It’s all so misguided...the fact they announced this with Fallon. Removing 2 practical experiences for more of the same. It’s resulted in a seriously unbalanced park which I feel is worse than it was 20 years ago.

Take me back to the twister / Kongfrontation / Jaws / Eathquake / Back to the future era. Only Gringotts & the Mummy have added value since 1999. We’re worse off now....Disney are correcting their issues with their Studio Park, which is (finally!) getting to the stage where it’s just about better than 2 decades back. Universal are playing catch up. By 2021 when Epcot has saw changes, Universal Studios will be the most regressed park in Florida.

Last edited:
I think we see USF upgrades post EU. IOA will be pretty much set once the new JP coaster comes in, or at least much more set than this park. Kidzone still being around is just glaring.

However, just because Universal didn't deliver on F&F Supercharge here doesn't mean they can't handle non potter IP. This is 1 poor example. That'd be like saying Disney can't handle a practical effects attraction ever again because Stitch existed. Some budgets are cheap and mistakes and laziness happens.

The fact nobody at UC or the board saw this coming has led to serious questions about their ability to deliver a great none-HP project. It’s all so misguided...the fact they announced this with Fallon. Removing 2 practical experiences for more of the same. It’s resulted in a seriously unbalanced park which I feel is worse than it was 20 years ago.

Take me back to the twister / Kongfrontation / Jaws / Eathquake / Back to the future era. Only Gringotts & the Mummy have added value since 1999. We’re worse off now....Disney are correcting their issues with their Studio Park, which is (finally!) getting to the stage where it’s just about better than 2 decades back. Universal are playing catch up. By 2021 when Epcot has saw changes, Universal Studios will be the most regressed park in Florida.

I don't know if it's they didn't see it coming or they were just following orders. Cut down on costs to develop F&F so just re-use the attraction from Hollywood and get the property in the park. I hope they knew it was bad lol. Maybe UC was just following orders from higher up.

I don't know if it's they didn't see it coming or they were just following orders. Cut down on costs to develop F&F so just re-use the attraction from Hollywood and get the property in the park. I hope they knew it was bad lol. Maybe UC was just following orders from higher up.
:thumbsup:

Then there’s fundamental issues in the business structure...allowing a finance team to solely dictate to the creatives. It needs to be partnership between what works and what doesn’t. That doesn’t give me confidence in future projects.