Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

It’s brand damaging. All at a time when Disney are opening rides like flight of passage, and apparently RotR and Mickeys are going to be incredibly innovative too. It makes Universal look tired. I can’t beleive I’ve said that given the direction things looked like they were heading 5 year back.
Ya forget the new park and Hagrid's why don't ya

I heard they know of the problem and are working on it.

If Universal can fix this and turn it into an acceptable attraction, they can hype it with a new grand opening. That will help to fuel the gap between Bourne opening and Epic Universe opening. If they're willing to spend, and be innovative, they can turn this 'big negative' into a positive. After all, it's a popular IP. They just missed the mark when they put this really bad premise together and accepted that atrocious tunnel film that should never have been approved and paid for.

It’s brand damaging. All at a time when Disney are opening rides like flight of passage, and apparently RotR and Mickeys are going to be incredibly innovative too. It makes Universal look tired. I can’t beleive I’ve said that given the direction things looked like they were heading 5 year back.

It's certainly not brand damaging, it's not a good ride agreed but as far as I am aware it goes down well with the GP and therefore good for the brand.

More importantly, FOP is great but its not some ground breaking experience as far as I am concerned (I'd even argue F&F is actually more or a ride...) and ROTR and Mickeys are not even open yet how can we really compare?

Have you been on Hagrids?

It's certainly not brand damaging, it's not a good ride agreed but as far as I am aware it goes down well with the GP and therefore good for the brand.

More importantly, FOP is great but its not some ground breaking experience as far as I am concerned (I'd even argue F&F is actually more or a ride...) and ROTR and Mickeys are not even open yet how can we really compare?

Have you been on Hagrids?
According to some of our insiders, F&F is the 'lowest rated attraction' on Universal's internal GSAT's, and additional indications of it being evidently unpopular with the GP is the fact that Universal decreased the attraction's capacity to less than half what it is capable of.

According to some of our insiders, F&F is the 'lowest rated attraction' on Universal's internal GSAT's, and additional indications of it being evidently unpopular with the GP is the fact that Universal decreased the attraction's capacity to less than half what it is capable of.

Aha thank you, I hadn't seen that! Well fair enough on that point then but I still wouldn't see it as being hugely 'damaging'.

Something certainly needs to be done about it but it needs to be a pretty substantial change,

Universal doesn’t do this ride any favors by making it extra tedious to get on the ride. They have reduced capacity so much, that no wait turns into a 30 minute endeavor. I’m never riding again, and I was a defender early on.
Exactly. I don't want to wait 30 minutes for this. But if I could bypass live actors, or altogether wait only 5-10 minutes? Sure I'd do it to kill time real quick.

Yes...I did single rider once and it bypassed 'everything'. That helped a little bit....Unfortunately , it's only open sporadically. It's the only way I would do the ride in the future.
I've managed to sweet-talk my way in when it's closed. They can call ahead on the radio if they let in a single guest... Not that you should do that, I don't want you to ruin it for me lol.

Without the pre show elements included I waited like maybe 10 minutes
I've managed to sweet-talk my way in when it's closed. They can call ahead on the radio if they let in a single guest... Not that you should do that, I don't want you to ruin it for me lol.
would it be the worst thing if you were never able to ride Supercharged again?

As a former USH annual passholder who hated this thing on the tram tour (I seriously would have preferred they drove past the thing and talked about the lake were TLC filmed the video for Waterfalls), I was actually kind of surprised how much I didn’t hate it. We did it early during a HHN (my buddy has never been on it on either coast) and we got to bypass both preshow rooms and go straight on to the bus. It’s still a terribly cheesy ride, but we got to sit for a few minutes and be out of the heat. In Disney terms, this would be a nice B or C ticket attraction. I think I enjoyed it slightly more than Fallon if only because the seat is so uncomfortable on Fallon, although I loved the Fallon queue.