Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Much of it has already been demolished. I guess you are waiting for the buildings to come down?
Even though it would depress me to see one of my favorite attractions completely destroyed I would love to see what the interior of the Earthquake building looks like now. The deconstruction and removal of multi million dollar attractions is quite intriguing imo.

Agreed with others, I think people forget how much inside demo that needs to take place before the building could come down. That is why they closed Disaster so far in advance of BJ, more demo needed to be done.

Agreed with others, I think people forget how much inside demo that needs to take place before the building could come down. That is why they closed Disaster so far in advance of BJ, more demo needed to be done.

Bull Dozers work just as well on the interior as they do on the exterior ;)

Reactions: Parkscope Joe

I'll come out and say the one thing I know know about this: the show building was supposed to be gone two months ago.

The signs, in my humble opinion, are pointing to some kind of significant upgrade from Hollywood's version. 1) HTF cryptic comment. HTF generally has excellent info. Since his personal backoff from Insider, he doesn't generally expound on a comment. But when he says something, like they used to say in the old Merrill Lynch commercials, people listen, or at least I do...2) Test Track's speculation makes a lot of sense if indeed the previous building was scheduled to be gone already... 3)BriMan's above post. I take that as confirmation that HTF's post is significant...4) The Universal/Disney competition has stepped up a notch since it appears Disney finally woke up and Comcast/Universal's continued commitment to the Orlando market, especially purchasing the Lockheed area property. 5) Comcast is really pushing for expanded worldwide & USA theme park presence. With some questions out there regarding cable bundling and future cable subscriber losses they may be looking to expand their other revenue services to offset the cable division flat market.They'll do and spend whatever is necessary to put excellent attractions out there..6) F&F Hollywood may not be the commercial & customer blockbuster popularity success they anticipated. Successful, yes, but not blockbuster popularity success. Disney made a mistake when they did the Little Mermaid ride in DCA when it received lukewarm attention . Instead of plussing it when they put the exact same attraction (except for the queue) into NFL, they took the cheap way out. So now they have an attraction in NFL that would have been considerably better received if they would have upgraded it from the one in DCA. And they were aware of it's shortcomings. I don't see Universal making a mistake like that. F&F is a hot blockbuster property. If they can make it considerably better, and the F&F customer reviews at Hollywood are under Universal's expectations, I expect Comcast/Universal to take the next step to take advantage of this property's huge popularity...7) As we've seen in the past,and Transformers is a perfect example, if they see a great opportunity, regardless of the position taken by some management people previously, they will reverse course and go for the touchdown. ..................My personal evaluation, and of course I am no insider or pretend to be, is that F&F Orlando is going to have "very significant" upgrades over the Hollywood version. It will still have the one basic screen section (altered though for the Orlando market), but there will be major surprises & additions that will make this an amazing E ticket, as they are doing with Kong.

My snide comment was nothing more than stating the obvious. This ride won't be garbage as so many seem to expect it to be. Kong will be the true testament of how a stand alone attraction can vary so much from the squeezed tram counterparts. Give it time my friends, don't abandon ship yet....

My snide comment was nothing more than stating the obvious. This ride won't be garbage as so many seem to expect it to be. Kong will be the true testament of how a stand alone attraction can vary so much from the squeezed tram counterparts. Give it time my friends, don't abandon ship yet....

I have faith that this and Fallon will be both be great attractions.

Getting people out of the trams into something more purpose built will add a lot.

Reactions: Andy
I'll come out and say the one thing I know know about this: the show building was supposed to be gone two months ago.

I completely believe you. However, I also believe the people that said they desperately needed to keep BJ running through the holidays to handle the mega crowds. Other than that, I don't have a clue what the early construction schedule is.

Reactions: Andy
I don't get why people are writing this off so fast anyways. Just because it isn't Test Track featuring Vin Diesel doesn't mean it will suck. Even if it ends up being an exact clone from Hollywood (it won't), that is still better than Disaster to me.