Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think most people with a modicum of theme park experience think Kong has a lot of potential and some well executed bits.. but also some poorly executed bits and a completely underwhelming finale.

Just in the last week the line for Imagination's ride stretched out into the courtyard outside the building. Heck, people are in line for Stitch's Great Escape right now.

Using line length as an indicator of quality really isn't a good tool.
I pretty much agree with your analysis of the ride, however i think Universal lacked in the story development department as well. the entire story was based on original characters (Which is extremely unusual for a Universal Rides nowdays) that the audience doesnt really know or care for. And i must say the ending is extremely derpy to say the least, it just doesnt match the attraction at all. It just seems Universal developed a nice cool ride system and decided just to throw it into this and barely used it.

I'm hearing a lot of people complain about Kong. I've been on it 3 times now, and it is a good ride.

What could Universal have done to make it better?
Any ride in the history of rides could have something they could have done to make it better. Name the ride and I'll tell you how they could've made it better. Even my beloved splash mountain.
I, too, enjoyed Kong quite a bit. could Kong have stood up and pounded his chest, sure. Could we have more AA and dark ride scenes. Absolutely. But I'm not going to worry about what "could" have been. Just what is. That's why I enjoy it. I even enjoy *gasp* 7DMT even though I know what it could have been (but I don't dwell on it)

Any ride in the history of rides could have something they could have done to make it better. Name the ride and I'll tell you how they could've made it better. Even my beloved splash mountain.
I, too, enjoyed Kong quite a bit. could Kong have stood up and pounded his chest, sure. Could we have more AA and dark ride scenes. Absolutely. But I'm not going to worry about what "could" have been. Just what is. That's why I enjoy it. I even enjoy *gasp* 7DMT even though I know what it could have been (but I don't dwell on it)
Exactly. Universal has spoiled us so much. Beyond Universal and Disney, there are hardly any other parks making these kinds of rides. I'll try not to nitpick everything.

But that Jimmy Fallon Ride.... :)

It seems that new attractions usually get a portion of the public that dislikes them or they didn't live up to their expectations. But after a year or so they become beloved rides. FJ, Transformers & Gringotts both received a lot of criticisms in their first year, and they're considered three of the best rides in existence. The new Test Track got a lot of hate at first, now I rarely see any complaints. Just the way it is I guess.

It seems that new attractions usually get a portion of the public that dislikes them or they didn't live up to their expectations. But after a year or so they become beloved rides. FJ, Transformers & Gringotts both received a lot of criticisms in their first year, and they're considered three of the best rides in existence. The new Test Track got a lot of hate at first, now I rarely see any complaints. Just the way it is I guess.
The thing is, with the internet these days and so many "insiders" willing to share information, we (fans) have a much better idea of what the attraction was originally intended to look like from conception of the ride/land. While internet forums have been around since the late 90's in one way or another, social media has changed everything and we have more info than ever... bioreconstruct's constant twitter updates and Midway Mayhem's video updates are prime examples of this.

Basically what i'm saying is, we would've never known that SDMT was supposed to be longer, the costs of Pandora and SHDL, the problems with Kong, etc, etc. It's fun being a fan and knowing every single thing about these projects, but it can also leave us a bit jaded if we aren't careful.

A lot. Kong was like the promise of a great blowjob, only to end up being a sloppy hand job behind a 7-11 dumpster. Ditto for Hulk.
What imagery... :saywhat:

I agree Hulk was an incredible let down (and possibly even a downgrade in certain sections of the ride), however Kong is a perfectly fine attraction. Could it have been better, sure, but like already said, literally every attraction ever has something that could be improved about it.

Last edited:
What imagery... :saywhat:

I agree Hulk was an incredible let down (and possibly even a downgrade in certain sections of the ride), however King is a perfectly fine attraction. Could it have been better, sure, but like already said, literally every attraction ever has something that could be improved about it.
Where did they downgrade hulk?

I'm hearing a lot of people complain about Kong. I've been on it 3 times now, and it is a good ride.

Plenty. :lol: But that could be said for every new attraction that's opened in the past decade. The difference is in our armchairs, there's unlimited space and money. So screens are in place of the enormous, fully-realized sets we would love to move through.

Ironically I don't think Kong suffers from anything, but a failure in pacing..It all goes by so quickly and there is not much you can focus on at any one point..

I would have liked to have seen something more akin to Indiana Jones, but with Kong..

The original intention by Creative was to bring the 360 portion of the tram tour to Florida...and they did that, I would argue they did it 200 percent better...A themed queue, added scenes, animatronics, yadda yadda yadda...

I think two more scenes were needed before and after the first screen scene, but done practically...I would have made the main protagonist the dinosaurs the entire time..Like we disturb them and they chase us the whole ride...That way, when Kong finally jumps out and saves us it means more..

I also would have not used the "team" in the ride...Mrs. Plot Devise serves no purpose other than to be a, well, plot devise to get us into the cave...After that she is killed off for script reasons, but this is a theme park so she is turned into a gift shop at the end (that's what the audio at the end said right?)

Ironically, people think that the Kong at the end is a 3D screen...Not sure how, but some people do..

Oh, this is the F&F thread? Whoops

Ironically, people think that the Kong at the end is a 3D screen...Not sure how, but some people do..
Probably because you are just coming out of the 3D portion of the ride and everyone has their 3D glasses on.

Most people don't know that the practical sets in Spider-Man are real either.

Reactions: Mike S
Kong flaws...

Exterior queue audio introduces the characters and the storyline. Sadly, most rarely spend much time there and when they do, it's often not in what I've come to call "exposition corner" which is the wedge of queue by where the vehicle exits the building and the interior queue begins. There is explanation for what's going on. Almost no one is ever in line there. That's poor design.

The interior queue is just boring for the first part and for all their "immersion" it has the ugliest stock Home Depot ceilings.

Aesthetics. There are rules to aesthetics. There's a reason we're like "omfg xenomorphs!" and totally meh on most of the critters in Kong. The character/creature design aesthetics are way off.

Let's be honest - the exterior portion serves no purpose. Being trackless serves no purpose. The natives serve no purpose in the storyline.

A whole lotta no purpose being served.

Think of it this way.. put the exterior portion inside. No change, but maybe some better lighting effects and certainly better control of the 3D transition.

Put a ride track? No change in how the ride is experienced. Same for the AA drivers versus a cardboard cutout.

Now take out the natives. Sure, there's a lot less to do in the queue but they serve no purpose in the story of the ride. That's why the Express pass line doesn't encounter them. There's no reason to.

The launch tube at the very least (on-ride). The queue, while very nice looking, is also much more generic than before.

Makes sense though as it fits the movies in the marvel cinematic universe.

For some odd reason, I think F&F will be better than what Cali got and with a different film. I think the biggest issue with Universal's 3D ride is they are always filmed using green scene instead of actual sets so its CGI on top on CGI that is then 3D coverted.

I mean I get its homage to being the first studio to ever put out a 3D film so this will have a 3D/4D element to it, I hope while they had time during production they really filmed a new product.

Last edited: