Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 400 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just gut this atrocious attraction and make it similar to test track.

“Ok”
You act like making a ride “similar to test track” is going to be an easy and quick fix. It’s not. It’s a fairly complex ride system.
Considering the money already dumped into this attraction, I find it pretty unlikely we will see a major tear down. If anything they will upgrade the current ride film to something that’s less offensive , but is still a let down.

“Ok”
You act like making a ride “similar to test track” is going to be an easy and quick fix. It’s not. It’s a fairly complex ride system.
Considering the money already dumped into this attraction, I find it pretty unlikely we will see a major tear down. If anything they will upgrade the current ride film to something that’s less offensive , but is still a let down.

Agreed. Just watched "Fate of the Furious" for the second time and still wonder how they could have screwed up this ride this badly. However, they aren't changing it out (aside from minor changes) until they are finished with the third theme park and the rides in IoA.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I like seeing all these comments about people growing tired of the motion simulators and screen based attractions with 3d glasses.

I was widely criticized for jumping off Universals bandwagon when I began to complain about screen based attractions roughly 4 years ago. So it’s nice to see some people who approve things come to their senses.

So in the end maybe we owe this dumpster fire a thank you for ending the 3d phase of Universals life.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I like seeing all these comments about people growing tired of the motion simulators and screen based attractions with 3d glasses.

I was widely criticized for jumping off Universals bandwagon when I began to complain about screen based attractions roughly 4 years ago. So it’s nice to see some people who approve things come to their senses.

So in the end maybe we owe this dumpster fire a thank you for ending the 3d phase of Universals life.
Yes, a new attraction needed to be really bad, loathed by the GP, and ignored by riders, to actually affect decision makers. F&F did that about as well as any big attraction ever has.

Yes, a new attraction needed to be really bad, loathed by the GP, and ignored by riders, to actually affect decision makers. F&F did that about as well as any big attraction ever has.

Which is why it'd be stupid not to remove. Business entirely by the numbers isnt business at all, especially in entertainment.

If you spent a billion bucks, and people arent riding it, you dont polish the billion dollar turd... Get rid of it. The consumers know. They're smart. The situation will not improve. With word of mouth over the net, its going to keep spreading how bad the attraction is.

I haven't been around in a while, but I pretty clearly recall that before F&F ever opened people were saying Uni was done with these type of rides. This one was already budgeted and started before they realized there was too much screen fatigue, so it was getting built regardless. If anything, you could argue rides like Transformers, Gringotts and Kong led to the end of the 3d era.

Reactions: belloq87
We can discuss and dissect the execution until the cows come home but let's not kid ourselves - Universal was right to add a Fast & Furious attraction.

:agree::agree::agree:

If they can make changes to the story and ditch the party and pre-show crap, it's definitely salvageable.

And ... you lost me.

Not saying the pre-show isn't crap, just that a speed tunnel alone is never going to be a satisfying stand-alone ride with its own queue. If anything, I think the party bus aspect is a clever work-around the fact that you're not riding in cars on the ride themed to cars. That and the queue are the only parts of the ride that work for me.

This was a bad decision all the way around. While the F&F movies might be popular with a certain demo....this franchise was never going to translate well to an attraction unless they went all out to create a "thrilling" coaster/hybrid Test Track type of attraction. They must sell next to nothing for merchandise related to this as well.....just a horrible IP for a theme park attraction. While I can understand Jimmy Fallon being shoe horned into its relatively small space. The F&F decision was curious from the start.....a premiere spot for a "bad" franchise that utilizes a boring copycat ride system. I can't wait for it to be replaced.

This was a bad decision all the way around. While the F&F movies might be popular with a certain demo....this franchise was never going to translate well to an attraction unless they went all out to create a "thrilling" coaster/hybrid Test Track type of attraction. They must sell next to nothing for merchandise related to this as well.....just a horrible IP for a theme park attraction. While I can understand Jimmy Fallon being shoe horned into its relatively small space. The F&F decision was curious from the start.....a premiere spot for a "bad" franchise that utilizes a boring copycat ride system. I can't wait for it to be replaced.

It truly is. I don’t understand the appeal of the franchise... there has to be far more timeless and interesting franchises to base attractions off of...

And then if you are going to do this franchise, you gotta give the people who love it what they want! High speed, thrill, different cars to ride in... the works.

This was a lazy attempt to add a new attraction to keep with their something new every year approach.

Have any heads rolled for this? Just curious?

No.

I don't know if this was recently, but Google reviews show F&F at a 1.6 rating. Yikes.

I remember last year around HHN it being a bit higher around a 2.5

I don’t trust them or TripAdvisor farther than i can throw them. They’re easily gamed systems, like RottenTomatoes user scores.

Anyone hear anything concrete on whether Universal budgeted money to make some alterations on this? Or is it just going to sit in it's present unpopular state for another few years.

Anyone hear anything concrete on whether Universal budgeted money to make some alterations on this? Or is it just going to sit in it's present unpopular state for another few years.
I would say it’ll probably sit in close to it’s current state for about 15 years...

Reactions: Andysol