Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Gets my vote, just as long as it's not a preview of how much effort they are planning to put into the new park! ;)

Part of me thinks it should stay operating as a reminder for Universal about how not to make a good attraction.

That's one expensive reminder. Maybe they should just draw Supercharged's logo onto a post-it note and slap it on Universal's break room fridge? Though you would have to remove the Beetlejuice magnet to do so...

Well, it could get better. Just remove the pre-shows, the musion scene, the screens on the bus, the party lights, the motion simulation, the ride itself, basically all the F&F theming.

Then turn up the cooling vents, play some relaxing jazz through the speakers and re-name it "Air Conditioning: The Ride". Congrats! You've turned an attraction nobody wanted into a parent's paradise!
My point is that you aren't going to remove effects from a turd and get people to like it who were on the fence. You are just going to make everyone hate it. Put the 3d in and the smoke and whatever else. It's not like people love it anyways. Minions is dead to me without 3d because of universals overreaction and the lines are shorter.

Last edited:
Real talk, at what point do they deem the attraction too awful to continue in its current form?

I'm not sure Universal has been in this position, and there is also a ton in the pipeline.

I'm just curious at what point they would feel the need to start over.

The ride isn't decreasing attendance, and it isn't exactly increasing it, the queues are relatively short and people don't wait too long to feel like they wasted a ton of their day

The ride is just sitting there...

Real talk, at what point do they deem the attraction too awful to continue in its current form?

I'm not sure Universal has been in this position, and there is also a ton in the pipeline.

I'm just curious at what point they would feel the need to start over.

The ride isn't decreasing attendance, and it isn't exactly increasing it, the queues are relatively short and people don't wait too long to feel like they wasted a ton of their day

The ride is just sitting there...
I feel it is like the Woody coaster at this point. Ride if you want and we will count it toward capacity but we know you really won't.

I feel it is like the Woody coaster at this point. Ride if you want and we will count it toward capacity but we know you really won't.

Do you mean Slinky Dog Dash? Jeez, that's a harsh comparison. I mean, that ride is far from perfect but it isn't "Supercharged" levels of awful.

Never got to see the pre-shows. Went during HHN, and in the pre-show rooms they just usher you on through to the loading area. As far as the quality of the attraction goes....while I didn't despise it, it says a lot that I went in with abysmal expectations and still didn't find much to love or enjoy. I walked out feeling lukewarm/meh on it ( I got meh on it lols). I still find a party bus with no drinks absolutely freakin hilarious though. I completely agree about the 3D, it should be added. I noticed signs in the loading area about how safety visors are required...almost feels like 3D was going to be involved with USFs version and was scrapped last second.

Never got to see the pre-shows. Went during HHN, and in the pre-show rooms they just usher you on through to the loading area. As far as the quality of the attraction goes....while I didn't despise it, it says a lot that I went in with abysmal expectations and still didn't find much to love or enjoy. I walked out feeling lukewarm/meh on it ( I got meh on it lols). I still find a party bus with no drinks absolutely freakin hilarious though. I completely agree about the 3D, it should be added. I noticed signs in the loading area about how safety visors are required...almost feels like 3D was going to be involved with USFs version and was scrapped last second.
But the whole ride is a Pre-Show

Call Mack, build indoor coaster...F&F Recharged

I spitballed with myself what could go there, but I feel like this spot is just bad for rides in general without doubling up:

Mummy is next door, so you'd have two coasters if you went coaster route.
Transformers is next door, so you'd have two 3D attractions (possibly SCOOP attractions) if staying that route.

Going for pure variety, I would say gut it out and put a show or a walkthrough-style attraction in here, tear down FFL and put a ride over there. Heck, keep it F&F, leave the queue and put in a really nice multi-level go kart track. Even a Tomorrowland Speedway type go kart would be okay, and gives kids something to do besides Kidzone.

Went 3 weeks ago and rode for first time. Actual ride not so bad definitely not as bad as I was prepared for. Pretty much same as Kong. With that said when my family goes back in 5-7 years we plan on skipping these rides. All FF preshow stuff didn't add anything positive to the experience and should be done away with imo.

I had my first ride on the orlando version Thanksgiving week. It better than the Hollywood one. I dont find the lack of 3d is a dig deal. It's not my favourite ride but not the worst. Shrek and minions with out 3d are worse. It's better than any of the flat rides and kiddie coasters. Not as good as Kong. Kong is vastly better in my book. I'd say in league with Fallon and simpsons. I road multiple times most people where enjoying the ride. It's not that bad. I was surprised my 4 year old loved it and he has no idea what fast and furious is but like cars and trucks.