Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kong had a teaser of sorts -- although it didn't even show what it was going to even be.

Pretty sure this is what marketing will use all summer long.

So many people are going to be coming from out of state thinking it's a full-blown ride lol. 

16236066247_457437cf4a_o.png

Guys, this is considered a ride, just like Kong. Anything that physically moves in a theme park is considered a ride.

I didn't think it was too misleading. They could have mentioned it'll be on the Studio Tour.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Guys, this is considered a ride, just like Kong. Anything that physically moves in a theme park is considered a ride.
I agree with that. I do consider it a ride myself. What Brover earlier was exactly what was wrong with this. It's leading people to thinking that it's something that it's not. Guests are going to ask where the big scary looping car ride is.

Reactions: Ryan and raven24
I agree with that. I do consider it a ride myself. What Brover earlier was exactly what was wrong with this. It's leading people to thinking that it's something that it's not. Guests are going to ask where the big scary looping car ride is.
Yep, they sure are. I always get "Where's King Kong?" when I'm working at the park.

I'm about to say something that I can be right or wrong about but...I am expecting one more Commercial. There has been a production going on on the Backlot and with things being done in a soundstage and there being some prop vehicles and the Helicopter prop, I don't think this is the only time a Supercharged spot comes.

Theme Park Adventure confirmed about an hour ago the props in the Metropolitan set are for a film. Nothing to do with Supercharged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha! In my opinion, the commercial was really misleading to the ignorant viewer. I remember when I went to USH asking where the King Kong ride was.

Nonetheless, do you guys think that the tram would move as much as they showed in the trailer? I been trying to imagine how the ride would be in the larger areas. I know they will be using screens, but I'm curious, do you think the trams will be driving on small hills, turning corners, and stuff like that. I know the tram is to long to be (physical motion wise anyways) moving like a real thrill ride, but this experience can't just be moving straight and being next to projectors can it? 

Haha! In my opinion, the commercial was really misleading to the ignorant viewer. I remember when I went to USH asking where the King Kong ride was.

Nonetheless, do you guys think that the tram would move as much as they showed in the trailer? I been trying to imagine how the ride would be in the larger areas. I know they will be using screens, but I'm curious, do you think the trams will be driving on small hills, turning corners, and stuff like that. I know the tram is to long to be (physical motion wise anyways) moving like a real thrill ride, but this experience can't just be moving straight and being next to projectors can it? 
The only physical motion the trams will do is drive forward, stop (scene 1 plays out), then it will drive forward again, stop (scene 2 plays out), exit show building. It will all be simulated motion. But it will be much better than Kong in terms of feeling the movement. You're really going to feel like you're moving fast. 

The only physical motion the trams will do is drive forward, stop (scene 1 plays out), then it will drive forward again, stop (scene 2 plays out), exit show building. It will all be simulated motion. But it will be much better than Kong in terms of feeling the movement. You're really going to feel like you're moving fast. 
I really hope so. Hopefully they have better machines to move the tram more fluidly or more wildly (not to wild of course) than King Kong. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.   

I hope the simulator under the trams in F&F will be smoother than it is in Kong. In Kong, they use an "air bag" type compressor system to simulate the movements, unlike the hydraulics of similar rides or animations. And while it's "green", the movement is very jarring in Kong. It would be cooler if it will be smoother.

I hope the simulator under the trams in F&F will be smoother than it is in Kong. In Kong, they use an "air bag" type compressor system to simulate the movements, unlike the hydraulics of similar rides or animations. And while it's "green", the movement is very jarring in Kong. It would be cooler if it will be smoother.
Also, Kong sucks if you're not in the middle, but even then if you look up it ruins the experience.. I still cant believe they allowed it to be that obvious.

I think it will be slightly better with F&F. The first few scenes of Kong are green and have lots of colorful or relatively bright action. That's one of the reasons it's easy to see the tops and bottoms of the screen. In the darker scenes, it's not as easy to see.

With F&F, it'll probably be all night scenes and look darker, which will slightly mask the tops and bottoms.

Similar to how BTTF was all night scenes with lots of black and it was harder to see the edges and in The Simpsons it's the opposite in a lot of the scenes.

But I agree, that's been my complaint since day one. They need to make the screens taller and more encompassing in F&F...

Reactions: transfo