Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Father Thrown Out of Universal Studios Over T-Shirt

Definitely agree with Universal on this. The fact that they needed more security shows that he escalated the scene.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that this single incident is just part of a bigger issue.

dude...70 people getting kicked out per day, in a park that on average hosts well over 10,000 people is not a lot. Security does there job. I said this in an earlier post, but on average 53 items are stolen from the Universal Studios Store per day. That alone is 53 shoplifters in the park on any given day on average, and thats just one store. If they kicked out every single shoplifter, youd see that number be at least 100. Point is, a lot of hooligans walk through that gate, more than 70 per day. I dont see it as a problem at all. Security can be obnoxious but in the end they are there to make the parks safer and only take extreme measures when necessary.

dude...70 people getting kicked out per day, in a park that on average hosts well over 10,000 people is not a lot. Security does there job. I said this in an earlier post, but on average 53 items are stolen from the Universal Studios Store per day. That alone is 53 shoplifters in the park on any given day on average, and thats just one store. If they kicked out every single shoplifter, youd see that number be at least 100. Point is, a lot of hooligans walk through that gate, more than 70 per day. I dont see it as a problem at all. Security can be obnoxious but in the end they are there to make the parks safer and only take extreme measures when necessary.

And the worst part is the Studio Store isn't even the worst with theft. (The area that sells the most also loses the most)

But I still contend that that 70 a day number is way to high for a non-hhn/non-concert night. (Low for an HHN night)

And the worst part is the Studio Store isn't even the worst with theft. (The area that sells the most also loses the most)

But I still contend that that 70 a day number is way to high for a non-hhn/non-concert night. (Low for an HHN night)

That is way too high but unfortunately that is how society in general is. People by nature are shady beings and some just like to steal. As passholders though we can do our part to help these shoplifting numbers go down..I do. :thumbs: I've seen numerous people trying to steal items and I'll quietly walk up behind them and whisper to them "hey...yeah i saw you..put it back..we're watching you". That works so well :lol: when people know they are being surveiled by every one they tend to comply. :cheers: We arw UOR passholders and while its not our jobs to do these things it's our place to help protect the parks non confrontationially. Besides...security can't be everywhere at once and they appreciate extra eyes looking out. See something, say something. :)

Sorry Bob, but knowing how guests react to situations like this, I can tell you that this is not part of the bigger issue that many of us here (myself included) are not happy with.

Ok, I may be a little biased but I have seen security get out of hand on more than one occasion even though the customer was being calm and reasonable. All I'm trying to say is that some members of the security staff go way overboard. And yes, I have also seen the other side when the customer gets out of control and security does a fine job of handling the situation.

Now I'm still a big UOR fan but it appears that some of you think that UOR security can do no wrong.

End of story.

Ok, I may be a little biased but I have seen security get out of hand on more than one occasion even though the customer was being calm and reasonable. All I'm trying to say is that some members of the security staff go way overboard. And yes, I have also seen the other side when the customer gets out of control and security does a fine job of handling the situation.

Now I'm still a big UOR fan but it appears that some of you think that UOR security can do no wrong.

End of story.

Nobody has said security can do no wrong. Nobody has disagreed that security can go overboard.

Exactly, all we're saying is that this isn't an example of the issue we all have a problem with. Based on what I've heard of the situation (the other side, not the guest's story), this was a "normal," perfectly acceptable reaction by security, not one born out of paranoia and mistrust of social media.