Favorite Animal Kingdom Attractions | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Animal Kingdom Attractions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite AK Attractions

• It's Tough To Be A Bug

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Dinosaur/Countdown To Extinction

Votes: 52 59.1%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris

Votes: 40 45.5%
  • Festival of The Lion King

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Rafiki's Planet Watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Flights of Wonder

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The Boneyard

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Finding Nemo-The Musical

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Primeval Whirl

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Triceratops Spin

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Cretaceous Trail

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tree Of Life

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters
I'm tired of Dinosaur getting hammered. One mention of Indian Jones and it's all, "OOOOOOH I'MA DROOL FOR 5 MINUTES OVER HOW AWESOME THAT RIDE IS!!!!!!!!!1" They're the same ride with nearly the same track layout. It's a hell of a lot easier to theme a ride as a temple, rather than a prehistoric jungle. Temples can have as many walls as it pleases; jungles . . . zero. It's basically mandatory for it to be so dark. And as for the complaints of it being run down, I've yet to experience anything not functioning properly (I'll admit I've only been to Animal Kingdom twice).

My only complaint is to the pterodactyls. They should at least swing forward, rather than just hang there. It's ridiculously lame.

^ It is the same track layout. And to say it is run down is not true like you said. Last time I was there the Carnotaurus was being refurbished and instead of just being dark they put a small replacement on the other side. And how do some of you think Primeval whirl is not fun? It is not a greatly themed or inovative ride but it is fun as anything.

I'm tired of Dinosaur getting hammered. One mention of Indian Jones and it's all, "OOOOOOH I'MA DROOL FOR 5 MINUTES OVER HOW AWESOME THAT RIDE IS!!!!!!!!!1" They're the same ride with nearly the same track layout. It's a hell of a lot easier to theme a ride as a temple, rather than a prehistoric jungle. Temples can have as many walls as it pleases; jungles . . . zero. It's basically mandatory for it to be so dark. And as for the complaints of it being run down, I've yet to experience anything not functioning properly (I'll admit I've only been to Animal Kingdom twice).

My only complaint is to the pterodactyls. They should at least swing forward, rather than just hang there. It's ridiculously lame.

And there's one example of how it's run down. Dinosaur has almost all of it's day 1 effects other than AAs shut down.

As for saying "it has to be dark in there" that is complete BS. Sorry. The ride is like 35% pitch blackness because they wanted to go the cheap route. don't believe me? Just look for some dinsosaur concept art. The ride could have rivaled Indy, but they cheaped out. It's still a good ride, don''t get me wrong, but I'm not going to give them a break for a ride that spends a good portion with nothing to look at.

As for the original topic, the only attraction that really achieves greatness at DAK the Safaris. it has everything a Disney ride should be. Everst is good, but completely failed to live up to its hype, and with the yeti broke is a shell of its former self. So if I had to rank them:

1. Safaris
2. Everest(by default)
3. dinosaur
4. Tough to be a Bug

--- Update ---

And how do some of you think Primeval whirl is not fun? It is not a greatly themed or inovative ride but it is fun as anything.

No, it's not. That thing is the most painful ride I've ever been on. I swear that restraint was going to crack a rib.

My favorite is Everest, followed by Kali (yeah, sue me. :embarassed: I actually like this, even though it doesn't compare to Popeye and Congo River Rapids).

I don't think no homo rules apply on here :lol:

We are all theme park fans so no worries about that

My vote was for the Tree of Life.
The Tree of Life it is just a sight to behold and the signature of the park, I could look at it for hours.
Everest is an OK ride, nothing really impressive for a roller coaster. Fun fact: rode it for the first time yesterday and got the front row.
Dinosaur is still a fun ride, just to dark IMHO.
Primeval Whirl is fun, but just a tad rough.
The Kilimanjaro tour was a good time.

Hey Teebin, since you appreciate a lot of the little things that go into creating these attractions, at allears.net there is a blogger by the name of Jack Spence who continually goes in depth into a lot of the attractions, how and who made them, and why. He usually does an excellent job, and he actually just did a couple of blogs on the Kilimanjaro Safaris, its always a fun read, check it out:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/