Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite House

What was your overall favorite haunted house?

• Total voters

Jakemeister

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2008
Central, Fl
What was your favorite house this run?

What was your initial most anticipated, what was your favorite at the beginning, what is your favorite now, your sleeper hit, etc.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Overall favorite was Winter's Night.

Favorite at the beginning of the run was Nevermore.

Most anticipated initially was H.R. Bloodengutz (glad it held up).

Sleeper Hit was The In Between and Saws N Steam.

My favorite house this year was Nightingales: Blood Prey, heck it's now my favorite house of all time.

My most anticipated was The Thing- lived up to the hype

Sleeper hit was Saws n' Steam which is now my second favorite house of all time

Most unexpected H.R. Bloodngutz- such a fantastic house.

Best Themed- Tied between Nightingales and Saws n' Steam

Overall house lineup rating for HHN 21- 11/10

I completely agree. I feel like this has been one of the strongest years for houses. Not the most well rounded event, but it might be the most well rounded year for houses. I would say atleast 2 make it into my top 10.

1. Nevermore 10/10
2. Saws N Steam: Into The Machine 10/10
3. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery 9/10
4. Nightingales: Blood Prey 9/10
5. The Forsaken 9/10
6. The Thing 8/10
7. The In-Between 8/10
8. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror 7/10

My favorite house was In-Between. No contest. Each of the 4 or 5 times I went through it the weekend I was there it impressed me more an more. So many things to see, so many cool effects, and so many legitimate scares, something I didn't really get in the others.

My most anticipated was Thing, which I was honestly disappointed in. Not that it was bad, but I was expecting a lot more than I got.

My sleeper hit was Winter's Night. People were down on the scares in the house before I went, but I felt like it had plenty, mixed with terrific theming.

My most unexpected was honestly In-Between. I had done 3-D house before locally, but this was a whole new level of haunted house. So terrific.

The best houses theme-wise were either Winter's Night or Nightengales.

My favorite house was In-Between. No contest. Each of the 4 or 5 times I went through it the weekend I was there it impressed me more an more. So many things to see, so many cool effects, and so many legitimate scares, something I didn't really get in the others.

My most anticipated was Thing, which I was honestly disappointed in. Not that it was bad, but I was expecting a lot more than I got.

My sleeper hit was Winter's Night. People were down on the scares in the house before I went, but I felt like it had plenty, mixed with terrific theming.

My most unexpected was honestly In-Between. I had done 3-D house before locally, but this was a whole new level of haunted house. So terrific.

The best houses theme-wise were either Winter's Night or Nightengales.

My opinions almost word-for-word, other than that fact that the In-Between was actually my most anticipated. Nightengales was an extremely close second for me, however.

My most anticipated was In Between

The sleeper hit was Winter's Night. I really was not excited for this house, but it really got me unexpected.

My favorite has to be Winter's Night. I got so many scares and the atmosphere was fantastic.

And I have to give best theming to Nightingales. I'm really looking forward to see the banshees return in another war.

Last edited:
Damn this is hard! I just want to say the house line up as others have stated was awesome this year, kudos to Universal!

Most Anticipated: Nightengales
Favorite at Beginning: In Between
Sleeper: Poe
Most Disappointed but still not bad: The Thing
Overall Favorite: HR Bloodengutz

My Order from best to worst
1. HR Bloodengutz
2. Nevermore
3. Forsaken
4. In Between
5. Winters Night
6. Nightengales
7. The Thing
8. Saws and Steam

My wifes from best to worst
1. Nevermore
2. Winters Night
3. HR Bloodengutz
4. In Between
5. Forsaken
6. Nightengales
7. The Thing
8. Saws and Steam

My full review including a HHN Hollywood Review and a Hollywood vs Orlando article are coming soon!

I really liked every house this year. So I can't put down "Best to Worst".

Best to Not Best

1- Nightingales
2- HR Bloodengutz
3- Saws N Steam
4- Winter's Night
5- Nevermore
6- The Thing
7- The In-Between
8- The Forsaken

At the beginning, my most anticipated was H.R. Bloodengutz. It seemed like it would be a good comedy house.

At the beginning, H.R. Bloodengutz ended up being my favorite.

My favorite now is Nightingales. I still love Bloodengutz, but not as much as Nightingales. :)

My sleeper hit was definitely Forsaken. I didn't like it right away but it grew on me.

I think something that can be said about this years event is that if you look at the poll right now it's not heavily concentrated towards one house. To me this cements how well rounded houses were this year.

I'm really surprised Bloodengutz has so many votes. Not that I disliked the house, but I felt like out of all the houses, it's the one that needed more actors in it. The queue video was fantastic though.

For me it's a toss up between Nightingales and In-Between. Nightingales was intense my first run through, but usually after that I don't get scared anymore. In Between managed to scare me every time. Incredible house.

Most anticipated was Nightingales and least was Bloodengutz, which definitely exceeded my expectations. Sleeper hit was In-Between.

1. Nightingales
2. The Thing
3. The In-Between
4. Bloodengutz
5. Forsaken
6. Nevermore
7. Saws N Steam
8. Winter's Night

My most-anticipated was In-Between. It makes me wish for another 3-D haunt next year but it fell to Nightingales. It was my least anticipated house and it became my favorite house of the year. It ranks in my top 5 houses of all time.

Favorite Overall: The Thing
Most Anticipated: Nightingales
Sleeper Hit: Saws N Steam
Best Theme: Nevermore The Madness of Poe
Most Disappointed: Bloodengutz

Honestly, The Thing, Nightingales, Saws N Steam, and Winter's Night all could be my top house. Following closely behind is Poe, then In Between (which I felt could be higher up if my timing had been better, considering a little girl was in front of me in line and hogging the scares), then Forsaken, then Bloodengutz.