Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fear Factor

I have seen it on multiple occasions. Yes the scorpions is repetitive and the fear part of the show is nonexistent but it is not awful to the next level.

It's very repetitive, and the "stunts" aren't really anything groundbreaking. The first one is a joke. It's not scary. It's a matter of who is the strongest. The 2nd stunt is a glorified game of catch, albeit with a disgusting ball. The final obstacle course is easily the most impressive thing, and still. Meh.

I can't wait until it's shut down.

From Screamscape:

The latest buzz from insiders regarding Fear Factor Live is a little inconsistent. On one hand, some have been told to expect to see it reopen again for Spring Break, though what happens after that had not been determined. Meanwhile others report in that they’ve been told that the venue is currently not slated for anything other than random special event performances.

Also, the following rumor may or may not be connected to Fear Factor.

(2/2/10) It looks like Universal is trying to come up with some more ideas of show ideas to fit into the Fear Factor Live venue. A reader was asked to take a survey yesterday with questions about how they felt about a variety of show ideas including a new a new Western themed show concept based on Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday a the OK Corral as well as ideas for an A-Team themed show, one based on Animal House, Scooby-Doo, Young Frankenstein and a Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Musical.
Bueller? Bueller? A Musical?! What crack are they smoking? Young Frankenstein would be funny, but that could be a replacement for Bettlejuice instead. An A-Team show could be the way to go, especially with the new feature film on the way. Boy… I remember seeing the original A-Team Stunt Show at Universal Hollywood as a kid.

A-Team all the way for me. Wasn't around when it the show existed, but I've seen some episodes lately and it's awesome!

I remember reading on Screamscape that Universal was rumored to be bringing back the Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show. I'd love to see that make a return! :) If not, then I guess I can take a Wicked musical.

A-Team could be a helluva STUNT show. That's one thing Universal is lacking. An all out modern stunt show. The movie may look iffy, but it's marketable and could be a great show to see.

A-Team would be great, especially if the movie remake is a success and spawns a franchise, but I think we're going to see a condensed version of wicked.

Out these current rumors I like the Doc Holiday, Wyatt Earp show idea, even bringing back the original western stunt show would be fine by me. Even though the A-Team was one of my all-time fav tv shows, so far the modern movie version preview is doing nothing for me, but a stunt show might not be bad.

All these various musical rumors are getting old quick like on the surveys and such. I guess they didn't learn from Creature from the Black Lagoon show out in Hollywood. I'd rather they spend the money on a a cappella group back at Mel's also some of the classic street characters, have them roam the park, and do pre shows like at BJGR, and possibly before the Animal show. Bring back the marching band.

I wish they'd make BJGR just a little bit bigger, enclose the stadium, make it a mix of the original version of the show mixed with the current version, keep Hip n Hop, and bring back the Phantom, and add a live band.

I still keep hearing that FFL is coming back for Spring Break unfortunately, oh how I hope it turns out to be false, since that show is a waste of money.

These rumors got started because of a survey. A survey which I've also taken (they sent it to me because I'm signed up for the survey panel) and you can all take it here: http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/IOA2010

Now, something that confuses me... if it's supposedly replacing the Fear Factor show, which is in the Studios, why is the survey link sort of "suggesting" it could be for Islands of Adventure? (notice “.../IOA2010” Could that be to deceive us? or could it actually go in an arena in Islands of Adventure? I agree that whatever it turns out to be, it would fit better in the Studios, but that still baffled me :p

I'm just happy the rumor I heard today says no FFL for spring break 2010. I'd rather it sit empty, or the area be used for special/or private events than have money wasted of FFL again.

I miss watching the Fear Factor show on T.V. it was such a good show! Also every time I have been to USF I have never seen this attraction open which is kinda sad. I bet it was a good one.

I miss watching the Fear Factor show on T.V. it was such a good show! Also every time I have been to USF I have never seen this attraction open which is kinda sad. I bet it was a good one.

I loved the show too but the show at Universal is horrible. I don't know anyone who likes the show, personally.

yeah when I worked at Disaster Studios alot of the actors were telling me they were told they are working on some type of Stunt Show to replace it, but they all kept hearing mixed ideas of what kind of show

Actually I know some people that really do like the Universal show.

The show is pretty ho hum when veiwing it as an audience member..however when you are a part of the show it really is a big thrill..I'll really miss climbing on top of that car 3 or 4 stories up. Even though I lost it was still bags of fun.
In all honesty if everyone could experience the contestant POV than the show would probabaly get better ratings.