1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Festival of Fantasy

Discussion in 'Magic Kingdom' started by Nitro_230, May 2, 2013.

1. April

April Member

I wish they would use the original songs and not the remix versions of them. There was never an issue with them before, so why change them?

I do agree with someone saying it felt disjointed. They should've just had one overall song playing and they could've had little snippets of songs playing as the floats went by.

I also wish they'd include more of the older movies in their parades, instead of the same few characters every single time, but that's just me being picky.

2. DufflesMcGee

DufflesMcGee Member

Question

How long has it taken the disney team to create this parade? Was this parade apart of the fantasyland expansion? Was the fantasy land expansion planned before harry potter or was it a response to potter?

3. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I heard that it's been in development for around 3 years. It was originally meant to open last year, but they pushed it off to this year due to a few delays and also to create a bigger splash with the parade and SDMT opening around the same time.

4. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Legendary Member

New Fantasyland was planned pre-Potter. There were some obvious tweaks made because of Potter, but the New Fantasyland is NOT a response to Potter. The NFL was designed with very specific goals. Particularly, to increase the parks carrying capacity without increasing attendance. The MK has serious capacity issues and if they had included an big E-Ticket, it would have compounded the capacity issues.

5. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

So, this cost some bucks. The new parade is quite something... very entertaining and dynamic. I am glad to see the 20 year old deal retire... that mirror castle especially... burn that. Good job Disney Corp.

6. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

The castle float should still be around. It's a part of their Christmas Parade (and the Christmas Day Parade).

7. KRAKENvsMANTA

KRAKENvsMANTA Member

All the floats are pretty amazing, but that Maleficent dragon is truly impressive!

8. Jon84

Jon84 Have you tried turning it off and on again? Premium Member

I really want to see this parade, but going during December, will this parade be shifted out for a Christmas themed parade like they do in Paris?

9. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I must have missed the announcement that it breaths fire...truly surprised me! This is a great parade and proves that Disney still has some creative minds around

10. ynnoj

ynnoj Member

Love the bagpipe float!

11. Thor

Thor Veteran Member

Steampunk Dragon for the win. This parade does look pretty cool. Much needed. Disney gets this one right.

12. rozfan

rozfan Newcomer

festival of fantasy should run until there are no more MVMCP then the christmas parade will take its place as the day time parade.

my thoughts on the new parade. it is nice to have something new-ish and i love the newly created floats like maleficient, rapunzel and brave but at least three of the nine(?) were bought from TKDL jubilation parade. :/

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  13. Jon84

Jon84 Have you tried turning it off and on again? Premium Member

So sounds like I should be able to see it in early December, thanks!

14. freediverdude

freediverdude Rookie

Why do I get the feeling they'll still be pulling that castle float out for another 20 years, lol.

15. kimlovesfl

kimlovesfl Rookie

I watched it on Youtube, and other than the Dragon, I was not impressed-same stupid choreography that is in EVERY Disney parade. The floats look cool, but it didn't impress me. Of course, I really don't like parades, and I REALLY don't like Disney parades.

16. KRAKENvsMANTA

KRAKENvsMANTA Member

According to Attractions Magazine, the Maleficent dragon float hasn't been breathing fire the past two days.

17. Thor

Thor Veteran Member

Already? Safety reasons? Broken? Cost cutting measure? An effect not working after just two days has to be a record, even for WDW and TDO lately. :)

18. rioriz

rioriz Rookie

WRONG! I have watched videos of this every day and today and yesterday the dragon has breathed fire! The intervals are long at this time but Steve said the intervals will be shortened soon. Today all moving parts were working

19. KRAKENvsMANTA

KRAKENvsMANTA Member

Glad to hear that. Perhaps they just missed one of the intervals then?

20. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

The dragon won't breathe fire if it's windy, because we don't need it flying over to Tomorrowland and getting Stitch on fire. Wait....