Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Festival of Fantasy

I wish they would use the original songs and not the remix versions of them. There was never an issue with them before, so why change them?

I do agree with someone saying it felt disjointed. They should've just had one overall song playing and they could've had little snippets of songs playing as the floats went by.

I also wish they'd include more of the older movies in their parades, instead of the same few characters every single time, but that's just me being picky.

Question

How long has it taken the disney team to create this parade? Was this parade apart of the fantasyland expansion? Was the fantasy land expansion planned before harry potter or was it a response to potter?

Question

How long has it taken the disney team to create this parade? Was this parade apart of the fantasyland expansion? Was the fantasy land expansion planned before harry potter or was it a response to potter?
I heard that it's been in development for around 3 years. It was originally meant to open last year, but they pushed it off to this year due to a few delays and also to create a bigger splash with the parade and SDMT opening around the same time.

New Fantasyland was planned pre-Potter. There were some obvious tweaks made because of Potter, but the New Fantasyland is NOT a response to Potter. The NFL was designed with very specific goals. Particularly, to increase the parks carrying capacity without increasing attendance. The MK has serious capacity issues and if they had included an big E-Ticket, it would have compounded the capacity issues.

So, this cost some bucks. The new parade is quite something... very entertaining and dynamic. I am glad to see the 20 year old deal retire... that mirror castle especially... burn that. Good job Disney Corp.

So, this cost some bucks. The new parade is quite something... very entertaining and dynamic. I am glad to see the 20 year old deal retire... that mirror castle especially... burn that. Good job Disney Corp.
The castle float should still be around. It's a part of their Christmas Parade (and the Christmas Day Parade).

I really want to see this parade, but going during December, will this parade be shifted out for a Christmas themed parade like they do in Paris?

Steampunk Dragon for the win. This parade does look pretty cool. Much needed. Disney gets this one right.

I really want to see this parade, but going during December, will this parade be shifted out for a Christmas themed parade like they do in Paris?

festival of fantasy should run until there are no more MVMCP then the christmas parade will take its place as the day time parade.

my thoughts on the new parade. it is nice to have something new-ish and i love the newly created floats like maleficient, rapunzel and brave but at least three of the nine(?) were bought from TKDL jubilation parade. :/

Last edited:
So sounds like I should be able to see it in early December, thanks!

Why do I get the feeling they'll still be pulling that castle float out for another 20 years, lol.

I watched it on Youtube, and other than the Dragon, I was not impressed-same stupid choreography that is in EVERY Disney parade. The floats look cool, but it didn't impress me. Of course, I really don't like parades, and I REALLY don't like Disney parades.

According to Attractions Magazine, the Maleficent dragon float hasn't been breathing fire the past two days.

Already? Safety reasons? Broken? Cost cutting measure? An effect not working after just two days has to be a record, even for WDW and TDO lately. :)

WRONG! I have watched videos of this every day and today and yesterday the dragon has breathed fire! The intervals are long at this time but Steve said the intervals will be shortened soon. Today all moving parts were working

WRONG! I have watched videos of this every day and today and yesterday the dragon has breathed fire! The intervals are long at this time but Steve said the intervals will be shortened soon. Today all moving parts were working
Glad to hear that. Perhaps they just missed one of the intervals then?

The dragon won't breathe fire if it's windy, because we don't need it flying over to Tomorrowland and getting Stitch on fire. Wait....