First time visiting Universal Studios in Singapore - help me out! | Inside Universal Forums

First time visiting Universal Studios in Singapore - help me out!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 21, 2023
Hey guys, I'm so excited because I just found out that there's a Universal Studios in Singapore! As a big theme park fan, this totally blew my mind. I had no idea Universal had a park all the way over in Asia. I'm going to be visiting Singapore for the first time next month and I definitely want to check out Universal Studios while I'm there.

As a first timer to both Singapore and Universal Studios Singapore, I'd love some recommendations on what are absolutely must-dos at the park. What are the top rides? Shows? Neighborhoods I have to see? Also, since I'll be there for a full week, are there any other places in Singapore outside of Universal that you guys would suggest checking out besides the park? I'm interested in culture, food, nature spots. Any insider tips would be super appreciated!

This trip is going to be so amazing getting to experience a new country and visiting my first Universal park too. I can't wait! Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer. Hope you guys can help make my Singapore/Universal Studios trip one to remember.

I've never been to Singapore, but I would highly recommend this video by ReviewTyme. They have a very detailed review and overview of the park.

• Love
Reactions: yourguytay
HHN is the best there but other than that make sure you do Cylon, Mummy, Sesame Street if you like quirky elmo vibes, Transformers if you’ve never done it, and check out the Shrek area if you love Shrek (the attractions themselves are ok but if you have nostalgia for the series you’ll enjoy them). Didn’t get to do the JP rapids when I went but that’s probably worth doing. Lights, camera, action can be cool if you haven’t seen any Universal practical effect show and Waterworld if it’s running is definitely a must see show at any park with it if you haven’t done it.

In terms of the city, definitely go to a Hawker center and try black carrot cake (it’s not actual cake and it’s amazing) and food in general, definitely go to all the main neighborhoods sites tell you to go to, Haw Par Villa is a unique place if you have time for it, and the ArtScience museum is cool as well as the National Gallery (I really liked art museums there in general). Don’t waste much time at Sentosa tbh. Out of the major tourist attractions, Gardens by the Bay is probably the most interesting, don’t bother spending too much time on the light show outside it or that area near it in general. If you don’t feel the need to see a huge mall, Marina Bay Sands is enough to see from a far however watching an F1 race from the top of the hotel is cool (and is cheaper than doing the view point thing they usually offer).

Reactions: yourguytay
Honestly, I was able to do everything in the park in one day with multiple re-rides. You should have no problem as crowds are relatively low there. Definitely do NOT miss Lights! Camera! Action! and the Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase dark ride as they're unique to this park. The Donkey Live show is really well done too.

If you have to skip something and it has a wait, Transformers is exactly the same as the states.

USS is a tiny park that can easily be done in a day, even more so now with the removal of the Madagascar area and current Minion Land construction.

Are you traveling for business? I don’t think Singapore warrants a full week visit but as for tourists sites, there are the Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, and Merlion fountain statue. Kamplong Glam and Chinatown neighborhoods are worthwhile strolls and do check out a hawker center as mentioned above. The Singapore Zoo has a night time tram that’s interesting. If you like nature walks there’s the Botanical Garden and Bukit Timah Hill. For shopping, there is Orchard Road with its numerous malls (there are sometimes Fashion shows along the street). If you’re in the mood for more theme parks, Legoland Malaysia is right across the border.

Can easily get everything done in a single day with multiple re-rides. I’d aim to to the outdoor rides first thing as the rainstorms will likely force closure of the outdoor rides in the afternoon - Id go Human and Cylon first. Mummy, Transformers and Rapids all have single rider queues.

Lau Pa Sat is my favourite place for street food. Echo others in saying Gardens by the bay is a great place to visit.

HHN is the best there but other than that make sure you do Cylon, Mummy, Sesame Street if you like quirky elmo vibes, Transformers if you’ve never done it, and check out the Shrek area if you love Shrek (the attractions themselves are ok but if you have nostalgia for the series you’ll enjoy them). Didn’t get to do the JP rapids when I went but that’s probably worth doing. Lights, camera, action can be cool if you haven’t seen any Universal practical effect show and Waterworld if it’s running is definitely a must see show at any park with it if you haven’t done it.

In terms of the city, definitely go to a Hawker center and try black carrot cake (it’s not actual cake and it’s amazing) and food in general, definitely go to all the main neighborhoods sites tell you to go to, Haw Par Villa is a unique place if you have time for it, and the ArtScience museum is cool as well as the National Gallery (I really liked art museums there in general). Don’t waste much time at Sentosa tbh. Out of the major tourist attractions, Gardens by the Bay is probably the most interesting, don’t bother spending too much time on the light show outside it or that area near it in general. If you don’t feel the need to see a huge mall, Marina Bay Sands is enough to see from a far however watching an F1 race from the top of the hotel is cool (and is cheaper than doing the view point thing they usually offer).
Thanks for the tips on Universal Studios Singapore! HHN does sound like a lot of fun. I'll definitely check out the rides you recommended like Cylon, Mummy, and Transformers. It's good to know which shows like Waterworld are worth seeing too.

The food recommendations are much appreciated as well. I've heard good things about hawker centers so I'll be sure to try the black carrot cake. It does sound intriguing. I'll also check out some of the neighborhoods and art museums you mentioned in the city. Gardens by the Bay was on my list too so glad to hear it's one of the top attractions. Thanks for steering me away from wasting too much time at Sentosa and the light show area by Marina Bay Sands - I'll be sure to prioritize my time better based on your suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to provide all these tips, it will really help in planning my trip!

How many times you've been there?

Sounds like you were able to jam pack a lot into one day at the park! Good to know the crowds shouldn't be too bad - that's always nice for getting on rides multiple times. Those unique Sesame Street and Lights Camera Action attractions do sound worth prioritizing. And thanks for the tip that Transformers is essentially the same experience as in the US. Really appreciate the insights to help plan the visit more efficiently. Looks like an fun park even with a tight schedule.

Honestly, I was able to do everything in the park in one day with multiple re-rides. You should have no problem as crowds are relatively low there. Definitely do NOT miss Lights! Camera! Action! and the Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase dark ride as they're unique to this park. The Donkey Live show is really well done too.

If you have to skip something and it has a wait, Transformers is exactly the same as the states.

USS is a tiny park that can easily be done in a day, even more so now with the removal of the Madagascar area and current Minion Land construction.

Are you traveling for business? I don’t think Singapore warrants a full week visit but as for tourists sites, there are the Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, and Merlion fountain statue. Kamplong Glam and Chinatown neighborhoods are worthwhile strolls and do check out a hawker center as mentioned above. The Singapore Zoo has a night time tram that’s interesting. If you like nature walks there’s the Botanical Garden and Bukit Timah Hill. For shopping, there is Orchard Road with its numerous malls (there are sometimes Fashion shows along the street). If you’re in the mood for more theme parks, Legoland Malaysia is right across the border.
It's more like holiday vacation I am travelling for. But thank you about travelling with business. Yes, I read a blog upon searching on things to do in Singapore Tourism In Singapore Statistics 2023: The Ultimate Guide this one. It says about the places you mentioned. I am more excited in visiting Gardens by the Bay was really curious what's really inside there and also the hawker center I read it's about foods! I'm just a big fan of food by the way :lmao::lmao: And it's good to know about options like Legoland Malaysia if wanting an additional theme park experience. Thanks for taking the time to provide such a thoughtful overview - I'm sure it will really help in planning an action-packed yet well-rounded itinerary for Singapore. I appreciate it alot!

Can easily get everything done in a single day with multiple re-rides. I’d aim to to the outdoor rides first thing as the rainstorms will likely force closure of the outdoor rides in the afternoon - Id go Human and Cylon first. Mummy, Transformers and Rapids all have single rider queues.

Lau Pa Sat is my favourite place for street food. Echo others in saying Gardens by the bay is a great place to visit.
I appreciate the suggestion to prioritize Human, Cylon, Mummy, Transformers and Rapids. Lau Pa Sat now i'm curious how does it taste since it's your favorite, I'm a big fan of food! hahah - I'll be sure to check it out. Gardens by the Bay is on my list based on everyone's suggestions. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice, it's helpful for planning my day at the park and other activities in Singapore. Thank you so much!

I appreciate the suggestion to prioritize Human, Cylon, Mummy, Transformers and Rapids. Lau Pa Sat now i'm curious how does it taste since it's your favorite, I'm a big fan of food! hahah - I'll be sure to check it out. Gardens by the Bay is on my list based on everyone's suggestions. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice, it's helpful for planning my day at the park and other activities in Singapore. Thank you so much!
There is food choices from all over the world. My favourite was the satay and the butter chicken curry with the giant naan bread.