Food and Wine 2012 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Food and Wine 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WDWMagic posted all of the menus that detail the pricing: http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/international-food-and-wine-festival/news/27sep2012-photos---full-rundown-of-all-the-2012-international-food-and-wine-festival-menus-and-pricing.htm

iqypPFAWdpszZ.jpg

iTev3djg9AIEO.jpg

iL4N93s8NuyaK.jpg

ibnZFfcRo8R3j4.jpg

iJ8SlAAGaFk2F.jpg

iXvjPuIDiKIMq.jpg

iMN9TW66Q5AVh.jpg

i9ShA5GwQbXOJ.jpg

ib0jDUC6aofYhO.jpg

iwyRjmbMeHarX.jpg

ibjywAKIq9nIeF.jpg

i8U71AQ5b65mh.jpg

ibbzzOg87vhfeG.jpg

iGDL7ZGzqDL9.jpg

ibewbnMnHfxFoj.jpg

iKcD5IBlf7gDh.jpg

irXD3PFvgQacH.jpg

ibqpY3aAqYgjNo.jpg

ibbx5zxcG4QlDm.jpg

ibxOONmDRS5c3r.jpg

ib04dwmNaWfjyb.jpg

ibe1S0TFGCNs7u.jpg

ipxrcOye4cFIt.jpg

ibbYqdW0gokIxz.jpg

iVreHFR6hV2lO.jpg

i9DPCgmRsQSRg.jpg

iFPYgeypn1Ie.jpg

ii92LQ6DIvh48.jpg

EDIT: @attractions posted this photo of this cool new shirt exclusive for the event.

ibaDiE6ZnQdNJN.png

Last edited:
Ok so some may be shocked by this but I had NEVER been to the World SHowcase side of things. Ive only been to Epcot maybe 4 times. We went last night and ate in Italy and we got to walk around and see different places and I LOVED it. It was jam packed but I really enjoyed the sights and the sunset was gorgeous! Loved having authentic Italian waiters, they were really nice and besides the price of food it was amazing! Definitely going to make my rounds around there next chance I have to go to Epcot. Very impressed!

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Sugar Ray last night. Mark McGrath has bucketloads of charisma and he isn't afraid to use them. Their mash-up of Mean Machine and Blitzkrieg Bop was possibly the best performance I've ever seen in that theater.

After seeing him at Universal this year during Mardi Gras and knowing he couldn't get away with most of his jokes and drinking beer from a red Solo cup on stage at Disney...I'm wondering how he goes about his comedy between songs. :lol:

Mark McGrath did seem to stumble a bit at some of his stage banter, but overall the show was really good. And I have to agree that the Mean Machine/Blitzkrieg Bop mash-up was excellent. I don't think that drink beer on stage would have been a big deal though since this was during the Food & Wine Festival after all.

None of the seven words you can't say on television ... but he did mention making a "booty call" to Minnie Mouse. And it wasn't a red Solo cup, but I don't think there Dole Whip in it, if you catch my drift.

WDWMagic posted some pics of the self service kiosks in use at the "Cheese" booth.

The 'Cheese' kiosk at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival has introduced a self service order kiosk similar to those found at some of Disney's counter service restaurants.

For guests paying by credit card or Disney Dining Plan, the kiosk can be used to select items from the menu, a quantity, and payment method - which then bypasses the register. Once ordered, the guest can proceed to the pickup window. We have some photos of the kiosk and screens below. So far, this appears to be limited to just this one kiosk.

The regular cast member operated register remains as an option for those who prefer that system, or wish to pay in cash or gift card.

i7BbQeuX4vNmA.jpg

idBb93KRpz8HP.jpg

il6lCynRG3iWB.jpg

Last edited:
So boredom and a friend's pleading actually brought me out for a couple hours to see Starship last night. Wow. Say what you will about Disney's failure in other areas, but their marketing department remains top-notch. There was close to a Christmas week crowd with guests who had already dropped obscene amounts of money to get into the park lined up 40 people deep ON EITHER SIDE of the Japan booth for sushi.

Sushi. Haines City, the closest "hillbilly" place to WDW I can think of, has three restaurants specializing in it. Not counting the Publix which has a sushi counter. But guests are willing to wait in a BTMRR-like line to pay overinflated prices for it at Food & Wine. Just using Japan as an example, plenty of other booths had even worse lines.

That, my friends, is genius.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, ahead of me at Hops & Barley Market, two guys were refused service.

Were they falling down drunk? Not at all, seemed like they'd had one or two at most--which is unlike many other staggering guests I saw.

The problem was their T-shirt. On the front it read "Man v. Food" in block letters, with "& Beer" in italics across the bottom. (Tried to snap a pic, but no flash on my phone.) The cashiers told them booze can't be sold to anyone with a reference to alcohol on their clothing. I left before the problem was resolved--waited 20 minutes for a beer, I was going to drink it--but I found this a crazy rule. Has anyone else seen it enforced?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, ahead of me at Hops & Barley Market, two guys were refused service.

Were they falling down drunk? Not at all, seemed like they'd had one or two at most--which is unlike many other staggering guests I saw.

The problem was their T-shirt. On the front it read "Man v. Food" in block letters, with "& Beer" in italics across the bottom. (Tried to snap a pic, but no flash on my phone.) The cashiers told them booze can't be sold to anyone with a reference to alcohol on their clothing. I left before the problem was resolved--waited 20 minutes for a beer, I was going to drink it--but I found this a crazy rule. Has anyone else seen it enforced?

I find this somewhat interesting since all you ever see around WS is Team DATW shirts or other variants of that nature. They don't spell out beer but they certainly imply alcohol. Maybe this is something they do specifically at F&W.

BTW. I've never been refused a beer or drink at F&W and I wear my beer festival/event shirts all the time. Obviously it could have been something else that caused the refusal.

I find this somewhat interesting since all you ever see around WS is Team DATW shirts or other variants of that nature. They don't spell out beer but they certainly imply alcohol. Maybe this is something they do specifically at F&W.

BTW. I've never been refused a beer or drink at F&W and I wear my beer festival/event shirts all the time. Obviously it could have been something else that caused the refusal.

I agree with the former point--what made this seem so trivial. As to the latter, no, specifically heard the cashier say it was because of the word "beer." She even pointed to it. Again, these guys were far from drunk, were unfailingly polite even after being told they couldn't buy beers. Just seemed incredulous, as did everyone else in line.

I finally was able to go to Epcot this past weekend with some coworkers and had a blast. Last time I went I was like 4 years old, so it was definitely a new experience for me since I'm now in my upper 20's. The food and wine fest part of the trip was fun. I tried a few of the samplings. The Ropa Vieja with Cilantro Rice was tasty, although a tad on the spicy side, but having it with the Bacardi Torched Cherry Frozen Cherry Limeade helped with the kick. The Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll was really good but the best thing I had was in Italy. The Ravioli di Formaggio all'Emiliana and Cannoli al Cioccolato were out of this world good. I could have made a whole meal just with the Ravioli, it was amazing. I'll probably try and hit it up again before it ends and try some other things I missed. Definitely a fun time.

Tomorrow is the last day of the event, anyone going?

So how busy was it, anyone know? We wanted to but with my wife recovering decided against it.

I was there on Sunday completing my last go-around of F&W for the year. I was lucky enough (and saved up enough money) to eat at every kiosk around the world. Some of my favorites were:

1. Lamb chop in Australia
2. Cheese soup in Canada
3. Pierogi in Poland
4. Beef randan in Singapore
5. Escargot in France
6. Meatballs in Scandinavia
7. Grapefruit beer :drool5: