Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Food and Wine 2012

Oh awesome, I honestly didn't realize that they they did these across the nation and I definitely didn't realize how affordable they are. Might have to check out a dessert or pastry one.

You did mean Epcot right? The location is where the chef is from.

With me it will be whomever catches my eye on 9/28, 9/29, or 9/30. October is a bad work month for me so I usually have to do the beginning of F&W. Next year I'm going to shoot for the first weekend of Party for the Senses. I've always wanted to try that.

You did mean Epcot right? The location is where the chef is from.

With me it will be whomever catches my eye on 9/28, 9/29, or 9/30. October is a bad work month for me so I usually have to do the beginning of F&W. Next year I'm going to shoot for the first weekend of Party for the Senses. I've always wanted to try that.

Yeah, but it seems they have demos all across the nation. I'm guessing you get to try the food they make?

Yeah, but it seems they have demos all across the nation. I'm guessing you get to try the food they make?

Yes. The chefs are all there making these dishes. You watch them prepare the dish live then CM's bring out your plate and pour your wine. They generally include a wine sample. The one I attended was Rock Harper and he was making shrimp and cheesy grits. Loved it.

It is all silly marketing. See a tv personality for real and watch him/her whip something up and eat a crumb of what was whipped. You won't learn a whole lot if anything. Same with flower and garden. All these people yap about is stuff found in the most basic books... pamphlets will tell you more. Pay your admission to the park for ideas and enjoy the displays. These ad on events are just a celebrity viewing, a bit of qvc style marketing, and an appetizer. Really!

It is all silly marketing. See a tv personality for real and watch him/her whip something up and eat a crumb of what was whipped. You won't learn a whole lot if anything. Same with flower and garden. All these people yap about is stuff found in the most basic books... pamphlets will tell you more. Pay your admission to the park for ideas and enjoy the displays. These ad on events are just a celebrity viewing, a bit of qvc style marketing, and an appetizer. Really!

You do what you do, I do what I do. :thumbs:

Some F&W facts released by Disney:

• More than 300 national and international wines
  • A record 46 days long
  • More than 76 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $3-$8
  • 160 of America’s most celebrated chefs and Walt Disney World chefs
  • More than 300 wine and beer seminars
  • More than 1,200 fireworks exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” grand finale to the festival
  • 138 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed
  • 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne
  • 1.5 million sumptuous samplings throughout the festival; 600 items tasted during VIP Chef Tours
  • 300,000 wine servings
  • 360,000 servings of beer
  • 100,000 desserts including Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate; Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote; and Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel (Desserts & Champagne marketplace). More than 500 pounds of watermelon to be tasted at the 3D Disney’s Dessert Discovery parties.
  • More than 5,000 pounds of lobster for Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Rolls and Linda Bean’s Lobster Claw Cuddlers at the Hops & Barley marketplace plus Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie at the Ireland marketplace.

Linda Bean is regarded as scum by many in Maine. She is a silver-spoon heir to the LL Bean fortune who has monopolized a large chunk of the coastal lobster industry. I spit on her lobster.

I don't think Bermuda is represented here, but does anyone know if they'll serve Gosling? I want my girlfriend to try a Dark'N Stormy without dropping 30+ bucks at my local liquor store

Here are some of the booths from @Daveh787

ibu2FRmrrBNkgC.jpg

iCWeikH4Kx0aa.jpg

ieSuQ67HvVYS4.jpg

iK9tZijbEb99m.jpg

invETAejcLglZ.jpg

ibuFbtsHLxHvbN.jpg

EDIT: Here's some more of the booths from WDW News Today

iE2ZjrxOr5JRt.jpg

iK5wstfaM7GG8.jpg

iSxg4HJRuCOhb.jpg

i9Tw34wqGkYFl.jpg

iAaicipfuFCaj.jpg

iQuopoP9AodrU.jpg

idJxgFtH5hJSQ.jpg

iTK3uThxuBaKk.jpg

iEyIjt1GjjWfF.jpg

iGz0yByS9yHdj.jpg

i4VlwepSAEcx.jpg

Last edited:
Ummm, they could be cuter with music, otherwise they are tooooo quiet...but the Hook one is the best one.